Roast Surely We're Better Than This?

Remove this Banner Ad

And yet Yze’s platform for the job was this is still a team in the window and all we needed was a game plan refresh and reinforcement of some basic behaviours?

This isn’t a development year - we signalled our intent, and set a target of being in the mix for a flag.

May only be one loss, but we look miles off it - best case scenario it takes a few weeks until we’re humming - but by then you’re well behind the 8-ball and will struggle to have any meaningful run at it.

Even the most optimistic supporter wouldn’t have thought this team has more than 1 or 2 seasons before it completely bottoms out.

If not this season, then when?

Am I having a fever dream? I must’ve imagined the club setting a flag as a target this year, and suddenly everyone talking about this being a development year without batting an eyelid?
Yze said when he took over that he wasn't setting a ceiling on where we could finish, which is basically club talk to avoid saying we're probably going to be in the bottom half of the ladder.

If he came out and said we're rebuilding how many of the 85k or so members we've already signed would still have signed on, so they sell the message of hope, to ensure the bottom line doesn't take too much of a hit.

A lot of people got caught up with the way he mentioned Collingwood and GWS as sides that rebounded quickly with a bit of tinkering with their game plan and playing roles. However for every Pies or GWS success, there are North Hawthorn Fremantle & Essendon failures, where the new coach hasn't got the immediate bounce back.

The fact that our side on Saturday contained 7 players with under 30 games experience, 8 if you count Naismith, should give people a very clear picture that this is in fact a transition year as Yze looks over the list, decides which players can be part of his plan moving forward and which ones can't.

Now it may all click for us like it did for the Pies and Giants in the second half of their first seasons and we end up becoming a finals side, but I wouldn't be counting on it, because doing so could lead to even more disappointment down the track

GWS lost to the Eagles r2 last year. By the end of the season, they were 2 points off a grand final and are now they're flag favorites. I'm not saying we're as good as them, but it's going to take some time for Yze and the players to gel.

We couldn't have played any worse in the 1st half of round 0, yet GC only scored 1 legit goal in the entire 2nd half.

New coach, new game plan. It will take some time.

Coming from you
Irony James Willems GIF by Rooster Teeth
You sook in your OP eating our own and WTF are you doing in it by posting trash like that. Yeah how fxxking ironic.

You sook in your OP eating our own and WTF are you doing in it by posting trash like that. Yeah how fxxking ironic.
I didn't sook or call anyone out, I mentioned that it's a bit much to have people demanding/suggesting some of the things they have mentioned since the game on Saturday, which was Yzes first game in charge. It was like stepping back into the mid 80s-early 2000s, where coaches and players were chewed up and spat out sometimes before they'd even had the chance to establish themselves.

Now if you or anyone else has taken that personally, that's on you and maybe it's bit of guilty conscious seeping through that has got you seemingly so upset.

I don't even know what you are talking about. It reads like every other thread after we, or any team, has a bad loss. Just chatter about the game plan he chose, the team he selected & the performance. When all 3 went poorly, its not going to be a very fluffy read, what do you expecct?

Do you expect people to just eat s**t results & performances & smile for a decade, just because we won a few flags 5 years ago? The club hasn't made many right decision since the 2020 flag tbh. That was 4 years ago. There isn't much to be positive about anymore, except the past.
We're 1 game into Yzes regime, yet you'd thing from some of the posts I've read over the weekend, that it was his 4th-5th year in charge and we'd got 4-19 in each of the previous 3 years. All I'm saying is surely we've learnt from the Hardwick era, is that patience is a virtue, but it appears not.

I didn't sook or call anyone out, I mentioned that it's a bit much to have people demanding/suggesting some of the things they have mentioned since the game on Saturday, which was Yzes first game in charge. It was like stepping back into the mid 80s-early 2000s, where coaches and players were chewed up and spat out sometimes before they'd even had the chance to establish themselves.

Now if you or anyone else has taken that personally, that's on you and maybe it's bit of guilty conscious seeping through that has got you seemingly so upset.
Rubbish they are professionals and have been in the AFL environment for years. So if lots on here were upset then there must be a good reason for it. You are sooking bc you're in the minority group by your own admission. it's a forum and people shouldn't be told what to say if they are behaving within the rules.

Rubbish they are professionals and have been in the AFL environment for years. So if lots on here were upset then there must be a good reason for it. You are sooking bc you're in the minority group by your own admission. it's a forum and people shouldn't be told what to say if they are behaving within the rules.
That's the thing though, it's the same vocal minority that complain about everything that were once again the loudest and most reactionary posters putting lines through players, criticizing the coaching panel, game plan and structures. FFS it's the first game of the new regime, it was never going to happen over 1 summer and if anyone thought so then that's on them.

The majority on here seems to understand the situation we find ourselves in and are happy to give the new regime time to settle as coaches and also allow the players, who are learning a new game plan & structures, time to adjust to what is being asked of them after spending years under Hardwick.

That's the thing though, it's the same vocal minority that complain about everything that were once again the loudest and most reactionary posters putting lines through players, criticizing the coaching panel, game plan and structures. FFS it's the first game of the new regime, it was never going to happen over 1 summer and if anyone thought so then that's on them.

The majority on here seems to understand the situation we find ourselves in and are happy to give the new regime time to settle as coaches and also allow the players, who are learning a new game plan & structures, time to adjust to what is being asked of them after spending years under Hardwick.
nobody is really complaining though as it's really disappointment as no real changes have taken place. it's just fun between tigers

Yze said when he took over that he wasn't setting a ceiling on where we could finish, which is basically club talk to avoid saying we're probably going to be in the bottom half of the ladder.

If he came out and said we're rebuilding how many of the 85k or so members we've already signed would still have signed on, so they sell the message of hope, to ensure the bottom line doesn't take too much of a hit.

A lot of people got caught up with the way he mentioned Collingwood and GWS as sides that rebounded quickly with a bit of tinkering with their game plan and playing roles. However for every Pies or GWS success, there are North Hawthorn Fremantle & Essendon failures, where the new coach hasn't got the immediate bounce back.

The fact that our side on Saturday contained 7 players with under 30 games experience, 8 if you count Naismith, should give people a very clear picture that this is in fact a transition year as Yze looks over the list, decides which players can be part of his plan moving forward and which ones can't.

Now it may all click for us like it did for the Pies and Giants in the second half of their first seasons and we end up becoming a finals side, but I wouldn't be counting on it, because doing so could lead to even more disappointment down the track
EFC jumped 15 to 11

Saints 10 th to 6th

Hawks went back 3 spots. 2022 to 23. Mitchell been back at the club a while. after heavy delisting.

RFC 2 games out of the 8 last year, easier draw this year..

definitely maybe

I wouldnt be surprised but it would be one of those games that signals where we really are in the pecking order. It would be a call back to the early days or Hardwick where we would be smacked around then come out and make a great performance against a club no one expected us to win against then to fail badly the next week.
Witt’s was unstoppable on Saturday. He was landing the ball perfectly to the midfielders. I think it was just one of those halfs where no one could have stopped them

So we are not allowed to criticise our performance? It was the worst I have seen us since 2010.
Nah, even in 2017, the Aints absolutely smashed us and led by 90+ points at the half, I was there and thought, back to being the same old Tigers. Then we won the premiership 😂😂
First game under a new regime, they deserve a few games to prove themselves imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EFC jumped 15 to 11

Saints 10 th to 6th

Hawks went back 3 spots. 2022 to 23. Mitchell been back at the club a while. after heavy delisting.

RFC 2 games out of the 8 last year, easier draw this year..

definitely maybe
I'm not saying that it can't happen, just that the likelihood of it happening isn't as high as some might expect.

We'll need to have a fairly good run with injury, so that consistency can be built.

We'll need fringe players to come good and become regular contributors at senior level.

We'll need to show patience so that they have time to properly implement their game plans and structure.

Remember it took Hardwick until his 4th season before he had a winning record

So we are not allowed to criticise our performance? It was the worst I have seen us since 2010.
Nobody is saying you can't be critical, but at least be reasonable and understand exactly where we're at. 1 game into a new regime and yet I've seen posts saying that a number of players should never be picked again.

nobody is really complaining though as it's really disappointment as no real changes have taken place. it's just fun between tigers
Nobody is really complaining though, but we're complaining about no real changes have taken place. It's the first game, and we've seen Balta moved forward, Baker moved forward Martin moved back to the midfield, more youth being selected and in the 3rd quarter after a horrible first half we kicked 7 goals - 0 in the 3rd quarter something we managed only 3 times last season, but achieved in Yzes first game. And the team is only going to improve in the coming weeks as we get some best 23 players back and more familiarity with the game plan.

Nobody is really complaining though, but we're complaining about no real changes have taken place. It's the first game, and we've seen Balta moved forward, Baker moved forward Martin moved back to the midfield, more youth being selected and in the 3rd quarter after a horrible first half we kicked 7 goals - 0 in the 3rd quarter something we managed only 3 times last season, but achieved in Yzes first game. And the team is only going to improve in the coming weeks as we get some best 23 players back and more familiarity with the game plan.
So why start this thread then if nobody is really complaining. Effme RT

So why start this thread then if nobody is really complaining. Effme RT
But there are people complaining, about how little has changed, which is why I gave brief examples of how much things have change just one game into the new regime

I've never understood how people think "supporting" something to lie, ignore faults & issues etc

is not being honest with them,
We're 1 game into Yzes regime, yet you'd thing from some of the posts I've read over the weekend, that it was his 4th-5th year in charge and we'd got 4-19 in each of the previous 3 years. All I'm saying is surely we've learnt from the Hardwick era, is that patience is a virtue, but it appears not.
Sad Sam GIF by Originals

there, there....

And most don’t believe you
Keep believing that if it makes you feel better.
I've never understood how people think "supporting" something to lie, ignore faults & issues etc

is not being honest with them,

Sad Sam GIF by Originals

there, there....
Never said people can't be critical, just show a bit of intelligence in doing so, by understanding where we're at regarding a new coach and all that comes with that, as well as having a list that has been in decline since 2021. But it would seem that's too difficult for the vocal minority

I'm not saying that it can't happen, just that the likelihood of it happening isn't as high as some might expect.

We'll need to hahas ve a fairly good run with injury, so that consistency can be built.

We'll need fringe players to come good and become regular contributors at senior level.

We'll need to show patience so that they have time to properly implement their game plans and structure.

Remember it took Hardwick until his 4th season before he had a winning record

Don't tell anyone but we have 2 players injured.

can we use half time of ground zero as a reset point?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back