Surprising stats

Remove this Banner Ad

Tony Liberatore is the only player in VFL/AFL history to win the Morrish, Gardiner, Brownlow and Most Improved Odor Medals

Your like a Haw supporter mate - you have convinced yourself that the poor/unsuccessful parts of your clubs history actually didnt occur - it actually didnt happen you know

Surprising stat for you. During the period in question, and being a true Richmond bandwagon supporter, I actually followed the Hawks, so you are more right than you know. We beat you in another two Grand Finals in that time GOB. 😁😂

Seriously though, I wrote in one of my earlier posts, in 1995 Geelong recorded their one and only finals series in history when you scored more against us than we scored against you, from 11 attempts. That caused us to spiral into sacking 19 coaches in the next 14 years as the Cats celebrated deliriously, having seemingly broken the indian sign we had over you in finals….I say seemingly. 😁😎😎😎

I witnessed that 1995 Preliminary Final. As I was scrambling with about 50,000 others for the exits to gtf out of the ground about half way through third term, feeling miserable and wondering wtf Michael Gale was thinking when he burst out of a centre clearance and hit the full forward on the chest near the goalsquare….only to realise to his horror it was Ablett, who was the Geelong FF, little did I know I have actually witnessed a Haley’s Comet once in a lifetime rare event and I was thus extremely privileged to be there. Well I say once in a lifetime, it was actually once ever. Here’s to the Cats cracking the revered Tiger finals code on that unforgettable day GOB. 🍷

Finals lost in the time you allude to: 0

I will fill a few in for you then mate

You took 31 years to beat Collingwood at Victoria Park - and when you finally did - you won by a solitary point

The 1963 GF - in your mind doesnt exist and doesnt count

And of course - all your wooden spoons - which youve got plenty of - of course they dont count - and they didnt occur either

I will fill a few in for you then mate

You took 31 years to beat Collingwood at Victoria Park - and when you finally did - you won by a solitary point

The 1963 GF - in your mind doesnt exist and doesnt count

And of course - all your wooden spoons - which youve got plenty of - of course they dont count - and they didnt occur either
We were the party club before the saints. Sadly I wasnt alive

I'm pretty sure Hawthorn and Richmond have never played a final against each other.

In a tribute to timokane, I'm not fact checking this.

This WAS true until 2019 when we played off in a QF. :)

I believe the last 7 times Richmond have defeated Geelong in ANY final (EF, QF, PF, GF) they have won the flag that year.

Scott Pendlebury (213) has the most Brownlow votes of any player not to win it, and more than former winners Adam Cooney, Shane Woewodin and Gerard Healy combined from over 600 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

surprising stat hawthorn has never beaten collingwood in a finals match or a match where they met in a finals series.

collingwood has won all times when ever the two teams have met in a finals match eg elim final,semi,prelim and never played off in a grand final either.

collingwood bet hawthorn in the 1979 and 1980 night pre season grand final at waverly park.

amazing stat

5 days later and I’m still marvelling at this post. He really is the Big Footy GOAT.

There is something about Port….

In 1877 Port Adelaide won the inaugural SAFA (SANFL) Premiership while it’s cousins Port Melbourne won the inaugural VFA (VFL) Premiership the same year.

Amazingly Port Melbourne won the the inaugural VFL (AFL) Premiership in 1897 while Port Adelaide was the first South Australian side to win the AFL premiership when they replaced the Boroughs from the competition because of the then President of Power Eddie McGuire won the argument that there cant’t be two Ports in the competition.

Port Melbourne of course joined the SANFL and was the first Victorian side to win a premiership there.

Now if only the Dockers started as Port Fremantle then they might have won a Premiership by now…

Another Eddie McGuire fact :

The early warning signs of the mind of Eddie was when as a teenager wrote a article to a local newspaper about banning Rugby and Gridiron because they used a similar football as Australian Rules. Our game was first to write down the rules Eddie wrote, and it is damaging to our code that outsiders think we are playing Australian rugby.

Imaginary stat in your mind.
1978 says hello to you...

other than the games that the hawks beat collingwood in a finals contest, the hawks have never beaten the pies in a finals contest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back