Survey Read and say something. I am not looking for a fight just sensible commetary

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
I'm flabbergasted at the result of this "Survey" about the state of the game . Who did they actually survey, I never saw one?
And to say in that survey that the game is better than it was ten years ago is mind blowing.
The congestion of the game has destroyed it, and I still sit here thinking , how in gods name can they come up with stupid results , in a survey.
When you watch every week as this pack forming over defensive horrible look, poisons our sport so we see pack after pack as 10 to 15 blokes dive on the ball in the forward fifty as defence becomes a horror of bodies rolling and wrestling, and players who can't kick , or handballs that are throws, or excessive 50 metre penalties that create scores sometimes, and barely understandable rules for minor things that get free kicks from absolutely over adjudicating umpires .

Who do the job well , but too well sometimes, to a point where it becomes petty and stupid and can change a game.

The umpires are not the game and petty rules that give free kicks for barely touching and create scores is not what this game is supposed to be about.

So I simply don't believe this survey and I hope the committee that's being set up looks deeply and hard at what has made the game turn people off. And it has.
Those who it has turned off , a small group I suppose, who won't put up with a rolling maul for a game. AND SAY SO EVERY WEEK.
Those who look at the kids and younger audience who have not, had the joy, of watching real football skills and talented goal kickers and players who actually win the ball and can kick straight without help from a free kick, its a pity , you've missed the best game in the world.

I 'd say this survey is a bit like the surveys taken by political parties they find "what they want to find"

A bit like union voting too, where the votes is described as a huge "YES"or "NO" WHEN ONLY ABOUT
5% OF THE WORKERS ACTUALLY VOTE OR EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY ARE VOTING FOR.

SO I'D SAY THIS FANS SURVEY IS A FAKE, BECAUSE OF HOW THE QUESTIONS WERE FORMED AND WHO THEY ASKED, , PERHAPS EVERY 15 TO 20 YEAR OLD WHO WOULDN'T REALLY REMEMBER WHEN FOOTY WAS WATCHABLE EVERY SINGLE GAME OF THE MODERN ERA!

Look at the games so far this weekend? All the losers Rich/North/ Suns/Saints, ALL PUTTING IN INSIPID PERFORMANCES . So there is an example of the inequality.

But why would fans want the game to not be opened up, what are you looking for a hybrid rugby pack, soccer side ways back ways tactics with some footy chucked in.

Is that what people really want , the demise of our real game.

My vote is for this,

No zoning, fine! But positions maintained much better than todays shambles, by tactics skill and good players who can play football. A CONTEST in other words. Not a mud wrestle with 15 players.

STOP GUARDING SPACE LIKE A BASKETBALLER, STICK TACKLES , DON'T STAND OFF YOUR OPPONENT , CUT THE RING OFF , NEVER LET UP WHEN CHASING , MOVE TOWARD YOUR OPPONENT , WHY ARE PLAYERS LEFT LOOSE AT KICK INS??????

TRY GOING THE QUICKEST WAY TO GOAL BLOODY WELL ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOO MUCH FRIGHTENED DEFENCE NOW!

Slow the game down, too many injuries (its worse than ever now) good players missing all the time.

Coaches who love the real game. Beat your opponents on merit, not bury the ball in defensive packs.
This may mean to look at the types being recruited, lets recruit footballers . If they are slower, tough luck.

Maybe they can kick straight too, that might help. Contests ! Not rugger Packs.

Take a real close look at the 50 metre penalty rule? It changes games ..........yes it does!
Sometimes it is warranted, but not for every thing, especially hits on players when the opponent is at full tilt with inertia, doing what he's been asked by his coach, you know? CONTEST! It's not always some brutal unnecessary tackle or bump , its just the game.
I saw it in a game yesterday.

Or tiggy touchwood frees, or even umpires disciplining verbally or paying free kicks for comments from frustrated players, in the heat of battle.

Any umpire lose a game for a club because of that should be sacked.

Players get involved and angry and stupid rules and decisions don't help.

UMPIRES ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO KICK SCORES?????? But they create the opportunity quite a lot.

Make in the back= IN THE BACK. make handball = HANDBALL! NOT THROWING.

Make the legal distance for kicking = THE LEGAL DISTANCE FOR KICKING!!!!!!?

Yesterday I saw a goal kicked from a 8 or 9 metre pass PAID AS A MARK.
Disgraceful. Sack then umpire.

Make umpires get the ball bounced ASAP when a pack forms, do not allow this waiting waiting waiting before a whistle, even if they pull a bulldust free out, to get the ball moving, that is better than numerous ball ups over and over , congestion just gets worse.

This is the bane of Aussie rules at the moment , CONGESTION!

Gerard Healy actually timed a pack formation and ball ups to 28 seconds.
On camera, they picked out 2 free kicks that were left unacknowledged or unseen or what ever, while this pack looked like Shyte!

iT WAS DESCRIBED BY ALL ON THE COUCH AS A TERRIBLE LOOK FOR OUR GAME.

Not rugby or scrum , just wrestling , and not football by a long shot.

Cowardly tactic of not having the guts to take on a contest and get the ball into attack DOWN THE MIDDLE. Coaches a bit unsure of their players yes no ????

Coaches always must be ordering them to play the boundary. It is a joke the boundary play causes so much congestion.

It's ok if the target marks it , but that only happens on occasion usually a pack forms.

Make forwards take marks! And with a contest, not having ridiculous free kicks paid for hand chopping from the defender, let a mark be a mark, if a forward gets the ball knocked away then make the defender and the forward or the man in front , go and get it on the ground, most of those tiggy touchwood chopping hands or over the shoulder frees in MARKING CONTESTS ( they are marking CONTESTS are they not???? ) are unfair.

The defender cannot defend on some occasions, that is what I call an umpire goal.

Good footballers can pack mark, but lots, get this stupid free kick rubbish.

And if that was designed to make the scores bigger in the game in general , it hasn't worked!

Then all the boys come to pat them on the back, like they're a hero, but they've just been given a free sho, sometimes the question can be FOR WHAT???

No merit in that? Sometimes they miss, in fact how many misses do you see from dodgy frees from dodgy rules, no merit in that.

I reckon the players know sometimes when they are having the free shot, inside their heads they know they are lucky boys. And sometimes miss by mind set?

I hate scores from doubtful frees, and frees these days are all debatable , that's the problem interpretation. Individual umpire interpretation?

Keep the bounce, by the umpire. The only sport where an umpire has a skill to perform, they used to bounce it every where, whats wrong now , unskilled in action as well a perception and footy nouse.

Ray Chamberlain should not be an umpire, him and some others are so pedantic that they ruin games and create commentary from all over the footy world.
Like Goldspink , they think they ARE the game. They are not!

If that's rough on the umps I don't mean it to be.

Ray and all the others could be dynamite for the game ( they do the job to a tee, too close sometimes) if they understood what they see sometimes , but the AFL have put up the marker with super to the point orders , with grey rules to a point of over judging, which is a total detriment of OUR game!

I loath , I hate, I despise the rolling packs , it will kill our game, it has now visually already!

Australian Rules is meant to be open and skilfull and unlike any other sport in the world, it was once.

Now it is same old same old, every match every week, and anyone who thinks it looks better now than ten or twenty years ago is blind . But worse they are complacent enough to enjoy second rate footy that looks so different and not complain.

It won't happen? But GC17 is a basket case as most sporting clubs in that Gold Coast rolling population are, GWS had about 7000 people at its game yesterday, They are ok but they haven't proved world beaters , yet, they may, but we should still have 16 clubs, so they should be merged with someone, so should Gold Coast.

Perhaps they should merge together and go to Tasmania, 17 clubs and some bye's WHY NOT???

There are still skilled footballers in our game but there are some that wouldn't make the grade too. The sport needs to be rejigged and moved back a bit to what the spectator wants, this survey was rubbish,

There are things in the game now that are great , we are all not stupid enough to condemn it totally, but some of it looks horrible. Where is the logic in that , and then we get the AFL smarties playing some stupid tiggy touchwood AFLX ON A BLOODY RECTANGULAR GROUND.

I know what that says to me.

Too many ideas men in the AFL with nothing better to do than work out ideas for no special reason but to impress the AFL misguided boss s' and get a fat pay packet !

Was continually asked to do the survey every time i visited AFL.com, didn't do it and wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if they've cherry picked to warp the outcome.
Well written post, good stuff.

Like this alot: Perhaps they should merge together and go to Tasmania, 17 clubs and some bye's WHY NOT???

There's no point acting all surprised about it. The survey has been on the AFL website for weeks, so you've had plenty of time to lodge an opinion, and it's far too late to start making a fuss about it now. I'm sorry, but if you can't be bothered to take an interest in local affairs that's your own lookout.

Energise the demolition beams mods.

I'm flabbergasted at the result of this "Survey" about the state of the game . Who did they actually survey, I never saw one?
And to say in that survey that the game is better than it was ten years ago is mind blowing.
The congestion of the game has destroyed it, and I still sit here thinking , how in gods name can they come up with stupid results , in a survey.
When you watch every week as this pack forming over defensive horrible look, poisons our sport so we see pack after pack as 10 to 15 blokes dive on the ball in the forward fifty as defence becomes a horror of bodies rolling and wrestling, and players who can't kick , or handballs that are throws, or excessive 50 metre penalties that create scores sometimes, and barely understandable rules for minor things that get free kicks from absolutely over adjudicating umpires .

Who do the job well , but too well sometimes, to a point where it becomes petty and stupid and can change a game.

The umpires are not the game and petty rules that give free kicks for barely touching and create scores is not what this game is supposed to be about.

So I simply don't believe this survey and I hope the committee that's being set up looks deeply and hard at what has made the game turn people off. And it has.
Those who it has turned off , a small group I suppose, who won't put up with a rolling maul for a game. AND SAY SO EVERY WEEK.
Those who look at the kids and younger audience who have not, had the joy, of watching real football skills and talented goal kickers and players who actually win the ball and can kick straight without help from a free kick, its a pity , you've missed the best game in the world.

I 'd say this survey is a bit like the surveys taken by political parties they find "what they want to find"

A bit like union voting too, where the votes is described as a huge "YES"or "NO" WHEN ONLY ABOUT
5% OF THE WORKERS ACTUALLY VOTE OR EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY ARE VOTING FOR.

SO I'D SAY THIS FANS SURVEY IS A FAKE, BECAUSE OF HOW THE QUESTIONS WERE FORMED AND WHO THEY ASKED, , PERHAPS EVERY 15 TO 20 YEAR OLD WHO WOULDN'T REALLY REMEMBER WHEN FOOTY WAS WATCHABLE EVERY SINGLE GAME OF THE MODERN ERA!

Look at the games so far this weekend? All the losers Rich/North/ Suns/Saints, ALL PUTTING IN INSIPID PERFORMANCES . So there is an example of the inequality.

But why would fans want the game to not be opened up, what are you looking for a hybrid rugby pack, soccer side ways back ways tactics with some footy chucked in.

Is that what people really want , the demise of our real game.

My vote is for this,

No zoning, fine! But positions maintained much better than todays shambles, by tactics skill and good players who can play football. A CONTEST in other words. Not a mud wrestle with 15 players.

STOP GUARDING SPACE LIKE A BASKETBALLER, STICK TACKLES , DON'T STAND OFF YOUR OPPONENT , CUT THE RING OFF , NEVER LET UP WHEN CHASING , MOVE TOWARD YOUR OPPONENT , WHY ARE PLAYERS LEFT LOOSE AT KICK INS??????

TRY GOING THE QUICKEST WAY TO GOAL BLOODY WELL ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOO MUCH FRIGHTENED DEFENCE NOW!

Slow the game down, too many injuries (its worse than ever now) good players missing all the time.

Coaches who love the real game. Beat your opponents on merit, not bury the ball in defensive packs.
This may mean to look at the types being recruited, lets recruit footballers . If they are slower, tough luck.

Maybe they can kick straight too, that might help. Contests ! Not rugger Packs.

Take a real close look at the 50 metre penalty rule? It changes games ..........yes it does!
Sometimes it is warranted, but not for every thing, especially hits on players when the opponent is at full tilt with inertia, doing what he's been asked by his coach, you know? CONTEST! It's not always some brutal unnecessary tackle or bump , its just the game.
I saw it in a game yesterday.

Or tiggy touchwood frees, or even umpires disciplining verbally or paying free kicks for comments from frustrated players, in the heat of battle.

Any umpire lose a game for a club because of that should be sacked.

Players get involved and angry and stupid rules and decisions don't help.

UMPIRES ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO KICK SCORES?????? But they create the opportunity quite a lot.

Make in the back= IN THE BACK. make handball = HANDBALL! NOT THROWING.

Make the legal distance for kicking = THE LEGAL DISTANCE FOR KICKING!!!!!!?

Yesterday I saw a goal kicked from a 8 or 9 metre pass PAID AS A MARK.
Disgraceful. Sack then umpire.

Make umpires get the ball bounced ASAP when a pack forms, do not allow this waiting waiting waiting before a whistle, even if they pull a bulldust free out, to get the ball moving, that is better than numerous ball ups over and over , congestion just gets worse.

This is the bane of Aussie rules at the moment , CONGESTION!

Gerard Healy actually timed a pack formation and ball ups to 28 seconds.
On camera, they picked out 2 free kicks that were left unacknowledged or unseen or what ever, while this pack looked like Shyte!

iT WAS DESCRIBED BY ALL ON THE COUCH AS A TERRIBLE LOOK FOR OUR GAME.

Not rugby or scrum , just wrestling , and not football by a long shot.

Cowardly tactic of not having the guts to take on a contest and get the ball into attack DOWN THE MIDDLE. Coaches a bit unsure of their players yes no ????

Coaches always must be ordering them to play the boundary. It is a joke the boundary play causes so much congestion.

It's ok if the target marks it , but that only happens on occasion usually a pack forms.

Make forwards take marks! And with a contest, not having ridiculous free kicks paid for hand chopping from the defender, let a mark be a mark, if a forward gets the ball knocked away then make the defender and the forward or the man in front , go and get it on the ground, most of those tiggy touchwood chopping hands or over the shoulder frees in MARKING CONTESTS ( they are marking CONTESTS are they not???? ) are unfair.

The defender cannot defend on some occasions, that is what I call an umpire goal.

Good footballers can pack mark, but lots, get this stupid free kick rubbish.

And if that was designed to make the scores bigger in the game in general , it hasn't worked!

Then all the boys come to pat them on the back, like they're a hero, but they've just been given a free sho, sometimes the question can be FOR WHAT???

No merit in that? Sometimes they miss, in fact how many misses do you see from dodgy frees from dodgy rules, no merit in that.

I reckon the players know sometimes when they are having the free shot, inside their heads they know they are lucky boys. And sometimes miss by mind set?

I hate scores from doubtful frees, and frees these days are all debatable , that's the problem interpretation. Individual umpire interpretation?

Keep the bounce, by the umpire. The only sport where an umpire has a skill to perform, they used to bounce it every where, whats wrong now , unskilled in action as well a perception and footy nouse.

Ray Chamberlain should not be an umpire, him and some others are so pedantic that they ruin games and create commentary from all over the footy world.
Like Goldspink , they think they ARE the game. They are not!

If that's rough on the umps I don't mean it to be.

Ray and all the others could be dynamite for the game ( they do the job to a tee, too close sometimes) if they understood what they see sometimes , but the AFL have put up the marker with super to the point orders , with grey rules to a point of over judging, which is a total detriment of OUR game!

I loath , I hate, I despise the rolling packs , it will kill our game, it has now visually already!

Australian Rules is meant to be open and skilfull and unlike any other sport in the world, it was once.

Now it is same old same old, every match every week, and anyone who thinks it looks better now than ten or twenty years ago is blind . But worse they are complacent enough to enjoy second rate footy that looks so different and not complain.

It won't happen? But GC17 is a basket case as most sporting clubs in that Gold Coast rolling population are, GWS had about 7000 people at its game yesterday, They are ok but they haven't proved world beaters , yet, they may, but we should still have 16 clubs, so they should be merged with someone, so should Gold Coast.

Perhaps they should merge together and go to Tasmania, 17 clubs and some bye's WHY NOT???

There are still skilled footballers in our game but there are some that wouldn't make the grade too. The sport needs to be rejigged and moved back a bit to what the spectator wants, this survey was rubbish,

There are things in the game now that are great , we are all not stupid enough to condemn it totally, but some of it looks horrible. Where is the logic in that , and then we get the AFL smarties playing some stupid tiggy touchwood AFLX ON A BLOODY RECTANGULAR GROUND.

I know what that says to me.

Too many ideas men in the AFL with nothing better to do than work out ideas for no special reason but to impress the AFL misguided boss s' and get a fat pay packet !
We could merge with Hawthorn. As long as you guys dont expect any positions on the board, or in administration. Most of your players would face delisting as well, but we'll find a job for Clarko.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

50+ age group single male live alone.

I think the tv commentators think they are more important than the game. To see Hamish walking to the toss with Tex staggers me. To see BT in the race as the players are running out trying to focus is mind blowing. And dont get me started on Roamin Brian . Let alone the rubbish served up as the game is going.

I think the congestion is too much but would hate to see zones used to enforce it. Many posters can see the one way to ease congestion and open the game up is to pay frees , especially for dropping the ball in a tackle.

BUT

Then we would all whinge about too many frees being paid and umpires are blowing the whistle to put the focus on them. Either we stop acting like petulant children as fans and accept the frees or we accept the congestion.

There needs to be an understanding from the coaches that there are 2 sides to the ground. You cant complain about a forward being blocked (Clarko) and then be happy for your own players to do it, or even teach them to block!!

Aussie Rules is cooked, put a fork in it - thanks Andrew & Gil. This new AFL Soccer/Rugby Union hybrid is an atrocity.

Here's 10 things to improve the game, Damien:

1. Reduce interchanges to 40 per game. 10 a quarter

2. Teach the umpires - your main focus is to not pay a free kick unless absolutely necessary - to ensure players handball, to ensure players dispose of the football legally when tackled & to bounce/throw it up immediately when there is a stoppage

3. Reduce field umpires to 2 - each control half the ground.

4. Eliminate the putting ur hand up to contest the ruck rule. Just ensure 2 payers contest the ruck only.

5. Umpires address players by their team name and gurnsey number if required to address them at all.

6. Players cannot address the umpires during the game - coaches can address them at the qtr time breaks if required. Free kicks/fines/suspension for players addressing umpires.

7. Free kicks awarded for staging. Heavy fines & suspension applied for staging.

8. Leading with the head/dropping the knees & throwing the head back are not awarded as free kicks. Can anyone remember when players tried to protect their heads?!?!?!?!?!

9. Reduce the interchange to 3.

10. Merge a Victorian club with GC, move a Victorian club to Tassie.

End rant.

There's no point acting all surprised about it. The survey has been on the AFL website for weeks, so you've had plenty of time to lodge an opinion, and it's far too late to start making a fuss about it now. I'm sorry, but if you can't be bothered to take an interest in local affairs that's your own lookout.

Energise the demolition beams mods.
I don't know. Apathetic bloddy fans.

“FOOTY IS SO s**t, MAKE AN INTERCHANGE CAP”

* Interchange cap introduced *

“FOOTY IS EVEN SHITTER, MAKE THE INTERCHANGES LOWER”

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results

We could merge with Hawthorn. As long as you guys don't expect any positions on the board, or in administration. Most of your players would face delisting as well, but we'll find a job for Clarko.

Silly comment, in reality it won't happen , the best thing would be to merge GWS and GC17 into Tasmania , but the bleeding AFL has probably thrown the baby out the window with the bath water as far as the two new entities are concerned, and the money they have thrown at them , all because Demetriou spat the dummy when Footscray wouldn't go to West Sydney , why would they , and North wouldn't go to Gold Coast and really WHY would they make that horrid mistake! , see the real story?
The AFL have gone a bridge too far .
And nothing short of the AFL bludgeoning its way over the top of the traditional states & clubs including the Swans and the Lions, and throwing piles of money at GC17 again well it wouldn't fix it anyway!!!!
And when the Giants don't succeed , even if they manage a GF or even a premiership , there will as usual be an exodus of players from GWS too.

The down years of traditional clubs , those clubs survive , the cellar dwelling usually because of a foundation of tradition and a century or more of that and members and fans. West Sydney has not really got the AFL supporters there , I know , I know you have a few fans, but its a struggling foundation .

And the AFL? Is it going to be forced to money up the Giants as well in the future when they have a few down years.
Unless some billionaire steps in and buys them in a few years, and then the whole AFL thing goes to mince meat, because you don't have an audience up there.
Nothing to do with how well you play its about people and money and interest. Should not have happened.

AND this is not what I started on I was talking about the congestive state of the game now and the rules and if you know anything about footy have a look at what Diesel Williams said about the state of the game today!
Even the dopey statistic from the fan survey saying that frees were more in the 90's, well I don't give that any creedence its not the numbers of frees its what for and where and which umpires perception is right of wrong!

Somethings have to change. So I hope you were joking , but did you read the headline of my thread? See you mate!

As unrewarded as the investment into the suns and giants has so far been, just remember how long it took Fremantle to gain any onfield relevance. Sure, the supporter base was much bigger and they represent an actual Australian rules area. But ultimately relevance gets determined largely on results.

Silly comment, in reality it won't happen , the best thing would be to merge GWS and GC17 into Tasmania , but the bleeding AFL has probably thrown the baby out the window with the bath water as far as the two new entities are concerned, and the money they have thrown at them , all because Demetriou spat the dummy when Footscray wouldn't go to West Sydney , why would they , and North wouldn't go to Gold Coast and really WHY would they make that horrid mistake! , see the real story?
The AFL have gone a bridge too far .
And nothing short of the AFL bludgeoning its way over the top of the traditional states & clubs including the Swans and the Lions, and throwing piles of money at GC17 again well it wouldn't fix it anyway!!!!
And when the Giants don't succeed , even if they manage a GF or even a premiership , there will as usual be an exodus of players from GWS too.

The down years of traditional clubs , those clubs survive , the cellar dwelling usually because of a foundation of tradition and a century or more of that and members and fans. West Sydney has not really got the AFL supporters there , I know , I know you have a few fans, but its a struggling foundation .

And the AFL? Is it going to be forced to money up the Giants as well in the future when they have a few down years.
Unless some billionaire steps in and buys them in a few years, and then the whole AFL thing goes to mince meat, because you don't have an audience up there.
Nothing to do with how well you play its about people and money and interest. Should not have happened.

AND this is not what I started on I was talking about the congestive state of the game now and the rules and if you know anything about footy have a look at what Diesel Williams said about the state of the game today!
Even the dopey statistic from the fan survey saying that frees were more in the 90's, well I don't give that any creedence its not the numbers of frees its what for and where and which umpires perception is right of wrong!

Somethings have to change. So I hope you were joking , but did you read the headline of my thread? See you mate!
You cant actually say two clubs should be removed, and then say you dont want an argument. Do you get that on any level?
You can have whatever opinion you wish, but if you post it on an AFL forum you have to expect people to disagree

50+ age group single male live alone.

I think the tv commentators think they are more important than the game. To see Hamish walking to the toss with Tex staggers me. To see BT in the race as the players are running out trying to focus is mind blowing. And dont get me started on Roamin Brian . Let alone the rubbish served up as the game is going.

I think the congestion is too much but would hate to see zones used to enforce it. Many posters can see the one way to ease congestion and open the game up is to pay frees , especially for dropping the ball in a tackle.

BUT

Then we would all whinge about too many frees being paid and umpires are blowing the whistle to put the focus on them. Either we stop acting like petulant children as fans and accept the frees or we accept the congestion.

There needs to be an understanding from the coaches that there are 2 sides to the ground. You cant complain about a forward being blocked (Clarko) and then be happy for your own players to do it, or even teach them to block!!

What about the player making the play, the bloke that actually gets to the ball first, where is the incentive with all these illegal disposal calls, they are most of the frees, I know throwing is a big problem but free after free already happens mate, it doesn't open the game, the ball player used to be protected a buit, the only ball players looked after are the people who go for a mark and a defender tries to spoil and gets called every time for a free against. What about this taking out the legs thing it can be dangerous but sometimes its someone desperate for the football?

What about the player making the play, the bloke that actually gets to the ball first, where is the incentive with all these illegal disposal calls, they are most of the frees, I know throwing is a big problem but free after free already happens mate, it doesn't open the game, the ball player used to be protected a buit, the only ball players looked after are the people who go for a mark and a defender tries to spoil and gets called every time for a free against. What about this taking out the legs thing it can be dangerous but sometimes its someone desperate for the football?
Get rid of it. Free after free doesnt happen. The other rubbish has nothing to do with congestion.

If the player gets the ball then they must get rid of it. Put it on the boot or handball. They cant get caught dropping the ball if they dont have it. This opens the play up as players stay downfield expecting/waiting for the disposal. As it is everybody sits 10m from the ball like Auskick on a cold day.

The issue isnt about the player getting the ball and others sweating off of them. Its the ball staying inside a 10m radius

Had to laugh about the coverage the AFL gave the survey
The big story to come from it is that 67% of respondents want a daytime GF but the lead they go with is Fans want more transparency on injuries
Fans are unwavering in wanting the Grand Final to remain in the traditional daytime timeslot. The 67 per cent preferring the status quo is identical to last year's result, as is the 24 per cent in favour of a twilight start time
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-10/fans-call-for-an-end-to-injury-smoke-and-mirrors

Remove this Banner Ad

Back