Survivor 2 : Bigfooty Boards

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it is a good idea.

I don't really mind about the format but like Arch I reckon the best part of the show was voting people of the island and we need to incorporate that somehow.

At the end of each week or so, all regulars that are registered vote someone off the island (game)

Yeah, voting someone off the island will be fun! I think I will be voted off pretty early.
frown.gif
Let's hope not!

Geelong4eva is my prediction of being the first to get knocked out.

G4E hasn't been around for a while. Quite strange!! PortAdelaide1870 and chev1977 have also been absent for a while too. Does anyone know where they have wondered off too?

My guess is they are lost in cyberspace and 'accidently' checking out naughty sites.
eek.gif
smile.gif

I'm in, I think.

[This message has been edited by happy hawker (edited 09 September 2000).]

Sounds like fun anything to get us to the Ansett Cup!! But we must have a survivor voting off theme, thats all the fun hehe.

Goodluck to whoever voluteers to organise it and run the thing but count me in if anyone does
smile.gif

I'm in but again guys I have to say I can't really help out with organising because I am at work most of the time and can't spare the time to be online for that long.

Hey I can supple a whole lot of great trivia questions though - after all I am the librarian ...

Good Idea, but asking trivia questions sucks. I probably dont have a football history and statistics book as fat as most of you. If you were going to do it in a question format, it would have to be questions about the future like "who will finish second in the 1500m freestyle, or where will Bradshaw end up or who will be the 2nd draft choice" or something which doesnt mean just running off to the bookshelf. Many of the board members seem to have the most unbelievable footy facts coming out of their ass I sometimes wonder whether they are statistians for 3AW or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be in, of course.

Number one rule should be that castaways need to be registered - which is the next thing I will do. Believe me people will cheat - I once had to stop a senior person at my company cheating on the network based footy tipping comp I was running!

Voting off should be the main aim but trivia challenges could be incorporated.

Basically if we have a new board then we could have discussion topics and then on a set day vote off someone. I don't think we would be able to vote silently unless Bluey has some ideas.

When we get to the last two all the castaways can then vote for the winner.

Love the idea pessimistic.

Perhaps the trivia questions could be used as the immunuity challenges.

For those who did not see the show, the person that wins the immunity challenge can not be voted out at the tribal council.

I also agree that everyone has to be registered.

In terms of voting, everyone could send their vote to someone who is responsible and not interested in playing. Only the person who gets sent the votes will know who everyone has voted for.

Let's keep leaving how suggestions here so that everyone can have a say

I'm in for this as well.

Heres what i think the rules should be:
1. Everybody decides wether or not they are playing (as pess. said they must be registered so there is no cheating).
2. They are devided randomnly into 2 tribes.
3. Each Sunday (or any designated day) the organizor asks 20 questions.
4. Each member playing the game gives their answers for all the questions within 1 week.
5. Each member gets a score out of 20.
6. The totals for each tribe are added and the average for the tribe is that tribes score. The reason for doing the average, is if one tribe has 1 player less, it means they have to make up so much gap.
The tribe with the highest average is that weeks winner, the other tribe (obviusly) is the loser.
7. The member who gets the lowest score on the losing tribe is out of the game. if scores are even, then both are out.
8. This continues each week, until there are 8 members left are they are combined into 1 tribe.
9. We continue asking 20 questions a week, with the member with the lowest score being 'voted' out of the game.
10. When we get down to 4 members remaining, we have a big play-off. There would be 50 questions and 4 weeks to answer them. Obviously, the person with the highest score wins the Big Footy Survivor Competition.
11. That will take us up to Christmas then we do Big Footy Survivor Number 2 to take us up to pre-season.

Bluey, would have to make a separete discussion board, just in case the thread moved onto the second page or third page, and someone couldn't find it or something like that.

------------------
For all your footballing needs be sure to visit my AFL web-site at http://www.geocities.com/eastsydney5/index.html

Didn't get survivor in the UK - but I hear Big *** Al won??

I take it its the same as the Dutch Big Brother concept - recently copied in London, US & Berlin.

But I'm in if you can come up with some decent format.

WCE2000, I don't think the person who gets the lowest score should go out, I like the idea of the show where a person is voted out. Just in case G4E is a genius.

------------------
Mantis

I am quite happy to help set up the competition and the rules set out by WCE2000 seem pretty fair.

Each person would go to either the board here or i would set up the questions on my website and people send in their answers with their password which only the organisers (such as myself would know) to ensure that the entry is legitimate.

The questions would cover a range of questions and would encompass 10 questions a week including some trivia questions and some which require guessing such as the draft etc...

The questions would be posted on the website each Sunday and people would have till Wednesday 3.00pm WST or 6 for those on the East Coast.

Lowest score loses and is dropped out but this may increase depending on numbers.

There may be some times when the comp. goes on hold as I have to go away occassionally but it will culminate on the final week of the Ansett Cup, which will include tipping of this competition.

let me know what you think and I will draw up an official set of rules which will be on for around 3 days and any modifications can be sent in and then it is done and the questions start the next week.

Mantis:
The reasons why it would be much better to have the lowest score of the losing tribe automacilly out of the game are:
1. Wouldn't it then be considered unfair, if someone tops the scoring for their tribe, and then they get voted off because they are unliked.
2. If we did vote people off, it could create ill feeling between some people, if they were voted.
3. It would also take to much time, waiting for everyone to get their vote in for who they wanted voted off.

And as the next message say (BSA i think) G4E a genius, not likely.

------------------
For all your footballing needs be sure to visit my AFL web-site at http://www.geocities.com/eastsydney5/index.html

To solve the problem about voting ppl off the island here is my solution.

The team with the winning score can send me one question from each member. I would then choose one which would be posted on the board and need to be answered correctly by 6 EST the next day. The person who sends in the question I pick can choose which person to kick off the island. If they or the team get the question right, they get to stay on the island.

This will make teams work together but suffer if they don't help each other out. Once all the members from one team are gone, it will come down to a sacrificial situation between members on the one island.

What do you guys think??

Let me know when you want a board set up for it. It will have to be a 'Registered Members Only' board I think, to cut down on the noise from vagrant postings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back