FTA-TV Survivor 38 'Edge of extinction'

Remove this Banner Ad

Big contrast to last season. Within the first episode or 2, so many engaging players stood out. On both tribes. Whether it’s the editing this season or perhaps lower quality of the cast, am not sure to make of it.
I actually felt like the beauty of last season was the opposite end. It was how much of the smaller players we saw.

We saw so much more of Allison/Kara/John than of Jenna/Sebastian/Angela/Chelsea/Libby, which gives you a better sense of the game overall, rather than a season literally just being the Dom and Wendell Show.

I don't understand why Aubry fell for it. Basically the only thing we saw about camp life at Karma early on was the newbies giving Aubry donuts and Victoria was the main protagonist in that regard. Fast forward to tonight and Aubry swallowed Victoria's bs hook, line and sinker.

BTW Wardog is pathetic in the challenges. Up there with Commando Steve in the uselessness stakes.

Did Reem really have a psycho exam before she was accepted? She couldn't have, but then again the American medical system, well, errr...:D

BTW Wardog is pathetic in the challenges. Up there with Commando Steve in the uselessness stakes.
It's odd because you'd think that veterans (who don't have lingering injuries) should be good at all the obstacle courses, but apparently not. That throwing effort was appalling, but I guess being built doesn't necessarily mean that you played sport, let alone that you were talented at it

The guy throwing for the blue team has an impressive arm though

It's odd because you'd think that veterans (who don't have lingering injuries) should be good at all the obstacle courses, but apparently not. That throwing effort was appalling, but I guess being built doesn't necessarily mean that you played sport, let alone that you were talented at it

The guy throwing for the blue team has an impressive arm though
Shamar from Caramoan was another useless veteran.

Hope Wardog goes out first vote post merge. Literally all of Lesu would be willing to get rid of him. s**t at challenges, s**t gameplay, arrogant beyond all belief.

Enjoyed this double episode more than any of the previous episodes, but can't believe Aubry fell for that. None of them had had their loyalties tested before, so she was basing it purely off a person randomly approaching her to work together. Expected more from her.

Thought the joint sitting tribal was a missed opportunity to get rid of one of the returning players, especially given they must have known a merge was imminent. Getting rid of a nothing player like Wendy was such a safe, gutless thing to do. Hope this season heats up post merge because the game play so far hasn't been all that great.

Thought the joint sitting tribal was a missed opportunity to get rid of one of the returning players, especially given they must have known a merge was imminent. Getting rid of a nothing player like Wendy was such a safe, gutless thing to do. Hope this season heats up post merge because the game play so far hasn't been all that great.
The problem is no one trusts anyone on the other tribe so you go with the safest option that everyone can get on board with. I.e Wendy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is no one trusts anyone on the other tribe so you go with the safest option that everyone can get on board with. I.e Wendy.
Plus that tribe couldn't have gotten rid of a returning player considering Joe, the last one left, wasn't there.

I wonder what David was whispering to Wendy just before they voted. Some clever editing there, to then cut straight to the vote.

Made it appear they’d got her on board with a plan but the ended up placing 4 votes on her.

I think Wardog is playing himself out of contention, seems a bit all over the place. Surprisingly very poor in challenges despite how he looks. Keith scurrying ahead for the clue but then failing to actually get it was amusing.

But then obtained the second advantage after Reem pointed it out to him, crazy stuff. What a meltdown afterwards, the pressure out on that island must be intense.

I wonder what David was whispering to Wendy just before they voted. Some clever editing there, to then cut straight to the vote.

Made it appear they’d got her on board with a plan but the ended up placing 4 votes on her.
I thought they'd said they were going to try and get Wendy on board with voting for someone, so that when they voted for her, they'd have the majority. Just trying to avoid an initial tie.

Last edited:

Yes I recall that now, I was wondering however whose name they asked her to write down. Anyway, I did chuckle at the look Wendy gave David when it was revealed they tried to dupe her.

She was an interesting character, enjoyed watching her in the midst of it. I don’t know how many players are eligible to come back into the game from extinction island, but I wouldn’t mind if it was her or Rick.

Next week’s episode looks good. I wonder if that will be it now for extinction island, ie all players who are now voted out post merge remain are actually out for good.

I was upset to see Aubry go like that but I am now all in on Victoria. Really enjoying her

Remove this Banner Ad

Back