FTA-TV Survivor 38 'Edge of extinction'

Remove this Banner Ad

What is the general theme of this years one, can someone please sum it up for me- cant be bothered reading links :)

And any group pic of the Survivors?
Edge of extinction will be a separate island that players can go to once voted out and wait for a chance to get back in the game. It's like redemption Island. Purely to save Joey Amazing and keep him alive til the end. Hate the concept, it changes the fabric of the game.

Unlike Redemption Island there wont be challenges each episode, I think just one at the merge and one at the end which is terrible. It is said that the surviving on the Island this time will be harder than before. Whatever. Hate it.

Edge of extinction will be a separate island that players can go to once voted out and wait for a chance to get back in the game. It's like redemption Island. Purely to save Joey Amazing and keep him alive til the end. Hate the concept, it changes the fabric of the game.

Unlike Redemption Island there wont be challenges each episode, I think just one at the merge and one at the end which is terrible. It is said that the surviving on the Island this time will be harder than before. Whatever. Hate it.
Sounds kinda like the Outcast twist in Pearl Idlands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll probably watch it online at 4pm Thursdays like last season. I don't really like seasons with returnees. All new victims is my preference.

I'll probably watch it online at 4pm Thursdays like last season. I don't really like seasons with returnees. All new victims is my preference.

It's much better with new players. Returnees are playing their character/brand. And they reference events I didn't watch or don't remember. "Back on Survivor: Mars blah blah blah".

Returnee seasons should happen every 5 years when they've accrued 18 players who might be worth watching again and it would feel novel. And no so-called fan favourites wheeled out for a 4th crack at it.

Right. It's almost like watching a repeat of a TV show. You know how the returnees play. I don't know if I can put up with Joe on my TV screen again. One can only have so much of this campaigner.

I don't like mixed seasons but I think these 4 are much more palatable than Ozzy, Coach, Russell x2, Skupin etc.

Aubry, David and Wentworth are legit players, not fame whores, and I think Joe gets unfairly tarred by the Ozzy comparisons, he's not a dick like Ozzy.

I don't like mixed seasons but I think these 4 are much more palatable than Ozzy, Coach, Russell x2, Skupin etc.

Aubry, David and Wentworth are legit players, not fame whores, and I think Joe gets unfairly tarred by the Ozzy comparisons, he's not a dick like Ozzy.
On the other hand, those 3 are going to run rings around the newbies in the first 10 days.

The editing of this season is probably going to be the biggest downfall of this season.

Between the returnees players being camera hogs and EoE not actually eliminating anyone, some players are absolutely going to get a purple edit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back