FTA-TV Survivor 38 'Edge of extinction'

Remove this Banner Ad

Contestants who don't learn how to swim, make fire, open coconuts or how to build part of the shelter (even if that just means how to use a machete to chop wood efficiently or weave palm fronds for the roof) before they go out there are stupid imo

I do not know how to swim.
I can make fire with matches.
I hate coconut. I'd rather starve than eat it.
I'd fear chopping a limb off if I used a machete. Weaving is beneath me.

I'd be good value on Survivor until medically evacuated the first night. :huh:

I think this is his 3rd (previously on Kaoh Rong [Brawns vs Brains vs Beauty 2] and Game Changers). Aubry and Kelley Wigglesworth have been on twice before too
Bringing a player back once is more than enough, especially when it's done so frequently nowadays.
I've given up on survivor and these re-re-returning names make me groan rather than draw me back.

It was really rushed. Almost no getting to know you chats on the boat/at the challenge. Barely any character development on the Joey Amazing tribe.

I really like the fact that they keep the U.S Survivor episodes to 60 minutes less ads (42 minutes), but it's just logical that the 1st episode should be 90 minutes less ads.

I really like the fact that they keep the U.S Survivor episodes to 60 minutes less ads (42 minutes), but it's just logical that the 1st episode should be 90 minutes less ads.

Yeah opening ep should run longer but i agree love US survivor ep length compared to aussie which never ******* ends

Contestants who don't learn how to swim, make fire, open coconuts or how to build part of the shelter (even if that just means how to use a machete to chop wood efficiently or weave palm fronds for the roof) before they go out there are stupid imo

Yup. Dickheads

Unless there really is a small turnaround time between learning you are on the show to going on.

TAR = Learn to drive a manual.

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
The Australian episodes are too long, especially when they don't actually eliminate anyone.

There's a happy medium though. US survivor would be so much better if it was about 50-60 minutes long.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

Ten (and Seven and Nine) prefer something be very successful for 2 years and burn out than be successful and still around a decade later. They've never been in the business of making quality television.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What exactly does Aubrey offer that keeps seeing her return for another crack ?
She was robbed so she gets to come back until she wins :p

I think that would be construed as discriminatory in the US. It's usually African Americans that can't swim due to socio economic factors.

It seems like a general safety thing considering so many of the challenges (including the very first) require you to be at a minimum a competent swimmer.

What exactly does Aubrey offer that keeps seeing her return for another crack ?

"Crack" is the right word, because with the get up she wears we can pretty much see all of it.

Mentallo

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2005
Your minds eye.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Just caught up on the first ep.
Agree wasn't the strongest ep but as per usual I will stick with while it fleshes itself out.
Had my arm cocked and ready to chuck my remote at the tele if Wendy was "eliminated"
Will be interested to see how the eliminated island set up works.

So 9 have definitely completely abandoned fast tracking this season right?
Looks like it. I guess moving the show to a 7:30 time slot was the cause. Damn. I enjoyed watching it online early.

My brother who watched it in the states about 5 hours ago said it was just OK.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
I guess moving the show to a 7:30 time slot was the cause.
The takeover of Ch10 by CBS and them launching 10 All Access (or whatever it is called) is probably the most likely answer.

I imagine they don't want Ch 9 to get the extra ad revenue and data that they'd get by allowing 9 to have it available on demand early

The takeover of Ch10 by CBS and them launching 10 All Access (or whatever it is called) is probably the most likely answer.

I imagine they don't want Ch 9 to get the extra ad revenue and data that they'd get by allowing 9 to have it available on demand early
That makes sense. I forgot all about 10 All Access. I did see an ad for it last week, I think. Is it planned for Ch 10 to take over Survivor here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back