FTA-TV Survivor 38 'Edge of extinction'

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
That makes sense. I forgot all about 10 All Access. I did see an ad for it last week, I think. Is it planned for Ch 10 to take over Survivor here?
No idea. I think I've seen some speculation on another forum that this might be the last season on 9 but I haven't seen any articles or anything to back that up

if only not being able to swim was his only problem, he's completely hopeless physically, annoying AF and his social media handle is @Churchboy_16

I agree, his complete performance last night in all aspects as a viewer was awful.

The challenge even excluding the swimming was awful. A boy that goes to Duke that can't even throw a ring is embarrassing.
Then the comment when he got voted out "good luck winning a challenge now"......... as if he was helping them.
Then when he was making his decision at the torch and sign "please god, please god, please god".

Just go left and piss off home Keith.

Then when he was making his decision at the torch and sign "please god, please god, please god".

Just go left and piss off home Keith.

Yeah wtaf was that s**t about.

That babbling annoyed me greatly for some reason. Just make a ******* choice.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Bit of a flat opening two episodes for me. This series hasn’t grabbed me like last season did.

Hoping things pick up soon. Not convinced yet about the extinction island theme, but am sure more will be revealed as time goes on.

I thought maybe just one person will be there at a time, but am wondering if every evictee gets the option to continue on. Interesting.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
I thought maybe just one person will be there at a time, but am wondering if every evictee gets the option to continue on. Interesting.
I don't think its been confirmed anywhere but I vaguely remember reading that every evictee up until final 5 gets the option to go to EOE and that there'll be a challenge at merge and a final 5 on EOE to get back into the game

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
I don't think its been confirmed anywhere but I vaguely remember reading that every evictee up until final 5 gets the option to go to EOE and that there'll be a challenge at merge and a final 5 on EOE to get back into the game

Not bad, I don’t mind that concept.

It appears they’re going to stretch these evictee as far as possible, with the isolated island, minimal supplies, food and shelter. Test their willpower more than anything else.

I wonder who will raise that flag first (if it all).

Also will be interesting to see how many are allowed back in. I’d like the idea of just one. Given the lengths they would’ve gone to in order to get back in, just one is perhaps enough.

If it’s multiple, then for me it really waters down the credibility of the game a bit.

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
*yawn* This series better pick up smart fast. I fell asleep during the show.
First boot was all about The crazy lady.
2nd boot was about the guy who can't swim.
Every single other conversation has been about the returnees and how to get rid of them.

I think the editors have done a decent job so far with what they have been given.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Yeah wtaf was that s**t about.

That babbling annoyed me greatly for some reason. Just make a ******* choice.

Wouldn't be surprised if they got him to ham it up and shot a few takes tbh. Surely every early boot chooses to stay in the game without even thinking twice about it. Whatever the reason for being voted out they always think they were persecuted. I think it will take a couple of weeks (on the island) before anyone turns it down. If they have survived half a dozen episodes and see no path for themselves to win, are tired and hungry and sick of all the other people that's when they will say screw this I'm outta here.

SunGirl89

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I really wish they would change it up for a couple seasons. One season just ppl in their 20s and 30s, next season 40s and 50s.

Or even an all male season and then an all female season. But it's just the same ol s**t year after year. Survivor jumped the shark years ago.

One season just ppl in their 20s and 30s, next season 40s and 50s.

Ageist! How about those of us in our 60s???? Well, maybe not. My walking frame might get rusty. :oldman:

SunGirl89

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Ageist! How about those of us in our 60s???? Well, maybe not. My walking frame might get rusty. :oldman:
I don't care how they do it, but the outliers stand out too much. Take out one reason people get voted out. "He's too young and immature, she's too old and weak". I would never suggest split seasons on race, but you can even out two seasons by having a younger season then an older season, and the same for a male season then a female season. Almost 40 seasons in and they ran out of fresh ideas a LONG time ago.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I don't care how they do it, but the outliers stand out too much. Take out one reason people get voted out. "He's too young and immature, she's too old and weak". I would never suggest split seasons on race, but you can even out two seasons by having a younger season then an older season, and the same for a male season then a female season. Almost 40 seasons in and they ran out of fresh ideas a LONG time ago.

They could breathe some life back into it without making arbitrary decisions on race, age or gender just by moving around again. The location and it's unique challenges used to be a character in the game all on it's own, but it's not the case now we're up to 6 series in a row in Fiji.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
How do you even make it onto Survivor with less than basic swimming ability ?

Because, as has already been explained in this thread, it's a disproportionate amount of black Americans that don't know how to swim.

While I enjoy the show, the biggest criticism I (& others) have had of Survivor is its relative lack of diversity. Ruling out people who aren't great swimmers would only exacerbate that.

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Because, as has already been explained in this thread, it's a disproportionate amount of black Americans that don't know how to swim.

While I enjoy the show, the biggest criticism I (& others) have had of Survivor is its relative lack of diversity. Ruling out people who aren't great swimmers would only exacerbate that.
Apparently he prepared in his University pool before he went out there, but Pool swimming is different from ocean/lake swimming. He grew up 2 hour drive from the coast, so its not like he had a tonne of access or need to learn.

Back