FTA-TV Survivor 38 'Edge of extinction'

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m with you DG, he has no idea of what moves are actually occurring around him and has been gifted two immunities. If they don’t get him out again it’s on them but he shouldn’t win after being voted out.
Rick spent time on EoE, and didn't blindside most/any of them. In their mind, Devins doing well justifies their own experience on EoE. Plus they are starved for stimulation, so are more likely to reward flashy moves like the Ron vote out.

Rick spent time on EoE, and didn't blindside most/any of them. In their mind, Devins doing well justifies their own experience on EoE. Plus they are starved for stimulation, so are more likely to reward flashy moves like the Ron vote out.
Oh I get it, but to me it’s just another reason to hate the game this season.

I think that sums it up. If Devens makes the final then I think he'll win as he'll get the jury votes.

However, I agree that no player who has been voted out should be able to win. I hate extinction island/redemption island etc.

Devens would be a terrible winner. Got voted out early. Holds a grudge, terrible strategist and burns bridges. Been on the wrong side of the votes and blindsided by it several times. Carries on like a pork chop. He's good for TV, but he's a massive flog.

A funny flog though

This season is so hard to judge, on one hand I have enjoyed a fair bit of the gameplay however edge of extinction has been an absolute disaster. We still aren't sure if the "jury" is the actual jury and we have still yet to have the final challenge for someone to re-enter and we are at final 6.

Can't help get the feeling Joe is going to re-enter, win the last couple of immunity challenges and has charmed enough people on the "jury" to get the win. Jeff will be salivating at the idea of his man-crush winning. Basically all the goods things that have happened are undone by this cloud of uncertainty on who is the jury and when someone will return.

Also, can the jury stop having massive reactions and hence input at tribals. Wentworth is the worst.

Big question from this ep Did Gavin lose his V-plates before he left or is that his prize at the end of the game?
I didn't watch the family stuff and have no inclination to pull up the episode on 9now. Can someone explain this? Is this a reference to a weird family dynamic (like Joe and his dad)? Or something else?

I didn't watch the family stuff and have no inclination to pull up the episode on 9now. Can someone explain this? Is this a reference to a weird family dynamic (like Joe and his dad)? Or something else?
He got married 2 days before he came onto Survivor

I zone in and out during the family visits as I find them quite repetitive, but I happened to be paying attention during Gavin’s. He got married two days prior to flying out for Survivor, so they hadn’t even had their honeymoon yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Victoria I could live with as a winner.
But wouldn't you like to live with her even though she might be a loser? You that picky? You don't like rangas? ;)

If Devens can make fire, he's almost guaranteed to make the final 3 and the win. If not for the returning player, he would be pretty much guaranteed.

Very lazy of the others to let Devens find that idol. 4-5 people searching should find it before the 1.

Painfully predictable that Devens wouldn't play the idol. Can't believe they all fell for that. Couldn't they challenge him to play it before the vote? I feel like someone has done that before.

He was never playing the idol but perhaps everyone knew that. They panicked thinking that Devens and Julie would not vote out Aurora, so they saved their own skins.

The smart thing would have been to either vote Julie out or flush out the idol. If they voted for Julie and the idol was played, their votes are not wasted because Aurora would have gone home anyway.

Last edited:
Devens just played them for fools then. There’s no way he doesn’t win if he makes it to the end.

He’s definitely got in their heads!
They were always voting out Aurora so they didn't care if he played the Idol or not.

Of course he wins. That was obvious last vote. He needed to win/play idols at 4 votes and make fire. If he does that, he deserves to win.

He was never playing the idol but perhaps everyone knew that. They panicked thinking that Devens and Julie would not vote out Aurora, so they saved their own skins.

The smart thing would have been to either vote Julie out or flush out the idol. If they voted for Julie and the idol was played, their votes are not wasted because Aurora would have gone home anyway.

But if they voted Julie and he played the idol for her, how does Aurora go home anyway? For all the knew Devens/Julie could have voted for say Gavin or Victoria.

Sorry for the question, I might be missing something from what you described here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back