FTA-TV Survivor 40 (Winners at War)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I watched the episode and was very underwhelmed so jumped on Reddit to see how they saw it and they were going on about best episode ever. I am trying to like it but this edge of extinction bullcrap means that they get voted off but dont go home and to top it off they can give advantages to players and might come eventually back. This cheapens the actual normal boot off.

As for the game play.. so far its boring. One tribe is already getting decimated and if it wasnt for Adam telling boston rob what was going down this episode would have been a straight forward boot too. Hope it improves... i will keep watching .. and hope the good game players remain and actually stir rap up

Lefthanded

Premiership Player
Sep 9, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ethan, Amber and Danni just aren't cut out for modern Survivor. The inevitable Parvati, Sandra and Rob vote outs might be fizzers as well considering that they're on the outs.
I'm not expecting Sandra going anytime soon or to be a fizzer considering she's currently on the dominant tribe, has Yul seemingly wanting to keep her for now (a shield?) and doesn't she have the idol from Natalie?

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm not expecting Sandra going anytime soon or to be a fizzer considering she's currently on the dominant tribe, has Yul seemingly wanting to keep her for now (a shield?) and doesn't she have the idol from Natalie?
That's true. She's definitely safer. However once they decide it's her time then it will be over very quickly.

buttsauce

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2011
Inverloch
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Celtics, Vikings
Cant see how Rob makes it much further, he's got too big of a target. He needs Amber to pick up her game and help him out from EOE

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
I thought the elimination of Ethan was fairly obvious, once they'd decided against gunning for Parvati. The Old School players screwed themselves last week, when they were forced to eliminate one of their own. That left New School with the numbers, so it was fairly obvious that Old School were going to be picked off once that happened. It wasn't going to be Parvati, and it wasn't going to be Rob, so that only left one option...

Rob is acting like a Godfather, but he no longer has any power when it comes to TC votes. He now commands just 2 votes - his & Parvati's.

My guess is that Adam will go next time this tribe goes to TC. He's on the outer with everyone - with Rob because he targeted Parvati, with the other New School players because he told Rob about their plan. He was completely blindsided by the vote for Ethan, and completely shocked that his was the only vote for Parvati. New School will still have 4 votes to 2 once Adam is gone, so they don't need him for the numbers, he's alienated everyone else on the team, and he adds little to the challenges - so what's the point in keeping him around?

Natalie's only error on EoE to me would be why give Sandra an idol and her closest ally, Jeremy a slightly less powerful advantage?

She had to sell the idol to someone on the tribe that lost the next immunity challenge after she found it. Jeremy's tribe won, so she couldn't sell it to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Natalie's only error on EoE to me would be why give Sandra an idol and her closest ally, Jeremy a slightly less powerful advantage?

The idol had a short expiry though, looking it up someone has screen capped Jeremy's advantage scroll and it is good until final 10.

I think sending it to the opposite tribe to someone that she is pretty sure will be in trouble early and know would pay the fire token for some protection is smart. After all she knows from EoE how valuable the fire tokens actually are so wouldn't want to bleed Jeremy of both of his for something short term.

Picking Sarah for the steal a vote was also smart. I reckon a fair few people would have left that one on the shelf but since she has found it and used it before she was likely to cough up the fire token.

Tbh, I’m finding this season a little dull so far. I’m sure it will pick up though.
Think about how dull the first four boots are usually in most seasons. Often I don't even know their names.

We are tracking ahead of the regular season so I am looking forward to the post-merge.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
My only criticism for this season so far is the amount of advantages going around.

I have lost track at this point.
And it looks like there will be more if the trend continues. Every single episode has had an EoE advantage found and sold, plus there have been regular beach idols

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
And it looks like there will be more if the trend continues. Every single episode has had an EoE advantage found and sold, plus there have been regular beach idols
I suppose it’s being used as a way to keep the EoE relevant but if it keeps up at this rate then every campaigner is going to have one soon

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
Amazing how much more is fit in an hour of this compared to 3 90 minute episodes of the Australian version.
Yeah... go those local content laws.

fu** I find Adam so unlikeable
I feel like he offers nothing to the viewer, it's all strategy, and hated the sob-story play back in millenials v genx.

My only criticism for this season so far is the amount of advantages going around.
An advantage a day keeps the doctor away. I think the EoE tie in is clever, the reality being EoE is there because they don't want to completely remove legendary players from the series. That said I like to see what players can do with the tools, rather than just staying on the bottom.

I can't help but feel the Fire Tokens will be used to actually buy a spot back into the main game.

I have lost track at this point.
Agreed. Surely they come from the Edge or the main game - not both at once.

Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
I can't help but feel the Fire Tokens will be used to actually buy a spot back into the main game.

Pretty sure it was stated in the season lead up that Fire Tokens will be used to buy an advantage in the challenge to return to the game. So Natalie is well placed as she's stocking up but by no means guaranteed to win her way back.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Adam would have to be next in line to be whacked by Godfather Rob after trying to vote out Parvati and stupidly telling Rob about his plan, he further dug his own grave at tribal when he talked about Rob having a statue built of him and how much of a threat he is.

Rob is an obvious threat but he plays a great social game so any plans to blindside him or one his allies he usually knows about in advance, either directly or indirectly, so you have to be very careful if you want to cross him. As I said last week I'd be sticking with him until it got closer to the end and then try and blindside him when there is less people left and less chance of a leak getting to him, easier said than done though.

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
As I said last week I'd be sticking with him until it got closer to the end and then try and blindside him when there is less people left and less chance of a leak getting to him, easier said than done though.
I reckon that's a risky play. If he makes the merge he likely ends up with more friends, as in those he's associated with in and out of survivor. If they make it, the poker alliance could become an endgame reality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back