FTA-TV Survivor 40 (Winners at War)

It would be very hard for a 16yo to win Survivor. They can't even vote!

But seriously, get to the end with two other young bimbos and the jury still has to give the money to one of them (see: season 21, which sounds like the inspiration for this ill-conceived potential season 41 theme).

Even though overall ratings were well up this season, the young person demo viewership was slightly down (or so I read at one point), so that might explain why Snuffed by the Probst: The New Class is being considered.

BuddysBiggestFan

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2008
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
41 & 42 have already been cast, so I think they want 16 year olds applying now to play in 2+ years time, which is still too young but at least not as bad.

There would be more reward challenges for food I reckon. This All Star season there was hardly any rewards. They did it tough!

There would be more “romance” as well, most would be single, there’d be less strategy which would take away from the spectacle.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Trying to think who was the youngest person to play so far, I think it was that young lad from the Millennial season a few years ago. Will was his name I believe. Was actually 18 at the time but told everyone he was 21 (he sure was mature enough to convince them, and certainly looked older than he was).

Trying to think who was the youngest person to play so far, I think it was that young lad from the Millennial season a few years ago. Will was his name I believe. Was actually 18 at the time but told everyone he was 21 (he sure was mature enough to convince them, and certainly looked older than he was).
Spencer in Tocantins was 18 too

Lefthanded

Premiership Player
Sep 9, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Spencer in Tocantins was 18 too
I tried googling it and found this list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Survivor_(American_TV_series)_contestants

Assuming it's accurate it has Will from Millennial and Michael from Ghost Island as both 18, Spencer and a few others as 19.

I didn't see Millennial season but glenferry23 your comment about Will sounds like my recollection of Michael. Not sure if they both made same claim or your memory or mine is a bit off.

Youngest winners seem to be Jenna (Amazon) and Fabio (Nicaragua), each at 21. Oldest - Bob at 57 (Gabon).

I tried googling it and found this list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Survivor_(American_TV_series)_contestants

Assuming it's accurate it has Will from Millennial and Michael from Ghost Island as both 18, Spencer and a few others as 19.

I didn't see Millennial season but glenferry23 your comment about Will sounds like my recollection of Michael. Not sure if they both made same claim or your memory or mine is a bit off.

Youngest winners seem to be Jenna (Amazon) and Fabio (Nicaragua), each at 21. Oldest - Bob at 57 (Gabon).
Hm Spencer in the show said he was 18.

Forgot about Michael as well.

Lefthanded

Premiership Player
Sep 9, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hm Spencer in the show said he was 18.

Forgot about Michael as well.
I like that you stand your ground when you believe you are right. I did say "assuming it's accurate" and because of your follow up post looked into it more:
https://survivor.fandom.com/wiki/Spencer_Duhm has his DOB as 20/12/89 and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor:_Tocantins has filming dates as 2/11 to 10/12/08 which by my maths means he was just shy of his 19th birthday when filming finished. Maybe the other list goes off their age when aired??

I didn't see Millennial season but @glenferry23 your comment about Will sounds like my recollection of Michael. Not sure if they both made same claim or your memory or mine is a bit off.
Michael said he was 21 to the other contestants. So that others would take him seriously.

I remember a reward challenge that Will went on, and Jeff said that Will had to settle for soft drinks as everyone else got beers.

Lefthanded

Premiership Player
Sep 9, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Michael said he was 21 to the other contestants. So that others would take him seriously.

I remember a reward challenge that Will went on, and Jeff said that Will had to settle for soft drinks as everyone else got beers.
So you're saying that Michael deliberately threw all the reward challenges so he wouldn't be found out!:p

I reckon Newfoundland, where they filmed the first few series of that show Alone would be a fine location for Survivor, actual survival would become part of the game.
Ponderosa could be in Gander XD.

Come From Away reference for those that don't follow

Mentallo

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2005
Your minds eye.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Okay caught up this evening on the finale and I have a question for all the Survivor heads out there.

On all the occasions their has been a final 3 how many times has the 3rd person got more than 1 vote?
Off the top of my head I think the answer is never.
In fact normally as per this season they get none whatsoever.
Time to go back to a final 2 I reckon.

Okay caught up this evening on the finale and I have a question for all the Survivor heads out there.

On all the occasions their has been a final 3 how many times has the 3rd person got more than 1 vote?
It's a conundrum. They have the final 3 so that at least 2 of the contestants are worthy or at least in the contest for votes. It avoids the wipe out in the final 2 where the obvious winner pulls along the goat with him/her and it's a wipeout, leaving no tension at all. Of course, this then means that the goat just sits there in 3rd place getting no votes.

I'm not saying in this all-star season that Michelle was your typical goat. Nora last season was though.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
And I’ve always wondered given all the words it could have been called, how it became known as a “goat”. The same word is also used to describe the greatest of all time haha.

Yeah as above. Final 2 made it worse.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
And I’ve always wondered given all the words it could have been called, how it became known as a “goat”. The same word is also used to describe the greatest of all time haha.
It's a reference to a tethered goat - an animal which the farmer (or whoever) is prepared to sacrifice in order to save the herd. Predators go for the tethered goat, because it can't run away, leaving the rest of the herd unmolested.

Back