milhouse1

All Australian
Jun 25, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Diego Padres
They could've just had Jeff record two versions of that for if CBS did or didn't let them have 2 hours.
Yeah that's true.

I thought episode 3 of this season was one of the worst US survivor episodes I had every seen (with the complete mess of twists/ wasted time on advantages), but this one was even worse. I like the cast but if production don't let them play Survivor, this season might be heading toward a bottom 5 season for me.

Yeah that's true.

I thought episode 3 of this season was one of the worst US survivor episodes I had every seen (with the complete mess of twists/ wasted time on advantages), but this one was even worse. I like the cast but if production don't let them play Survivor, this season might be heading toward a bottom 5 season for me.
It's been an incredibly uneven season. Episodes like 3 and this past one have been awful, but when they pull back on the twists and just let them play Survivor, like eps 1, 4&5, I've really enjoyed it. Hopefully after this massive twist they hold off on anything major for a few weeks.

I wonder if this was meant to be a 2 hour episode instead of a 2 parter. Still wouldn't have been good, but at least we would've got a resolution instead of marinating on that for a week.
Have seen the point elsewhere that normally a two hour episode with just two challenges at the merge would be amazing to get more insight to conversations and stuff, but this exile advantage stuff probably dents it significantly.

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Trouble with a lot of recent merge episodes though is that people just play ultra safe for that vote and take the easy consensus option which you don’t need 2 hours to fill out

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Just caught up, not sure the cliffhanger style 2 part thing suits Survivor. Every now and then there’s a longer episode (2 hours back to back) and I mistakenly assumed this was one of them.

Surely she smashes that hourglass.

That challenge looked intense. Found myself rooting for the yellow team as it progressed, they almost pulled it off and I thought I heard one of them say “merge feast” as soon as they started the puzzle.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
That challenge looked intense. Found myself rooting for the yellow team as it progressed, they almost pulled it off and I thought I heard one of them say “merge feast” as soon as they started the puzzle.

They did but it was a slide puzzle so still had to try and solve it after knowing what it was and they gave up too big a start.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
How the black alliance plays out will be interesting. Making an alliance based on a common characteristic is as old as survivor itself. Physical threat male alliance, womens alliance, young and cool peoples alliance etc but going to be pretty tough for any player to call it out.

I mean the ex NFL guy has been mega paranoid about a womens alliance the whole game. Imagine if a white guy was in that situation and paranoid about a black alliance. Hey we got to vote a black person because they are taking out all the white people. You just couldn't even raise it on the show without getting destroyed by the US public.

With how much air time the threat of the womens alliance has got I think that will end up winning out anyway and Shan/Liana will end up going with Evvie rather than the guys.

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I mean the ex NFL guy has been mega paranoid about a womens alliance the whole game. Imagine if a white guy was in that situation and paranoid about a black alliance. Hey we got to vote a black person because they are taking out all the white people. You just couldn't even raise it on the show without getting destroyed by the US public.

With how much air time the threat of the womens alliance has got I think that will end up winning out anyway and Shan/Liana will end up going with Evvie rather than the guys.

Surprised he blurted that out at the merge feast, It puts a target on his back and it could be used against him.

Liana doesn't seem 100% all in with her original tribe, Tiffany is starting to wear thin on her.

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
Too much Jeff. His meta commentary is unnecessary and I've felt him trying to force narratives into tribal for a while. Blasphemous to think that at one point in time. (I did lol though at his attempt to sound like Erika was about to actually travel back in time).

In the moment, the twist felt good because of who was going to be on the chopping block and cause Erika was the one to wield it. But ultimately, it's unfair to take immunity away and there's no real strategy to it. Surprised Erika didn't just smash the hourglass then.

Zero problem with a black alliance forming - don't tell on yourself by thinking that's an issue. Big problem with them targeting another POC first up however.

Really hope a Naseer and Xander alliance forms, but both seem likely to be done because of the idiocy of this season's twists.

Allezjuel

Team Captain
Jan 7, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'm a massive Survivor fan but I think I'm done with this season and US survivor in general unless future seasons improve dramatically. Way too many issues with this current season, Winners at War for me serves a series finale and is a good point to jump off anyway.

Might just stick to Aus Survivor from now on, hopefully we don't have to wait until the 2nd half of next year for the next season.

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
How the black alliance plays out will be interesting. Making an alliance based on a common characteristic is as old as survivor itself. Physical threat male alliance, womens alliance, young and cool peoples alliance etc but going to be pretty tough for any player to call it out.

We've had women's/men's and young/old alliances forever without anyone blinking an eye. That it has taken so long for an alliance to be formed along the lines of another human characteristic to which none of us have any control is probably more due to the fact that there has never been enough of any non-white cultural group represented in any given season to make it possible as much as anything else.

They have really taken a lot of the fun of the game with too many twists and advantages in play constantly.
It seems I'm definitely in the minority - I'm loving this season as much as any other. And I can't stand any of the Australian attempts at running the franchise. My only disappointment is that the episodes are over too quickly ... I really should wait til the end and binge it like I have in the past.

We've had women's/men's and young/old alliances forever without anyone blinking an eye. That it has taken so long for an alliance to be formed along the lines of another human characteristic to which none of us have any control is probably more due to the fact that there has never been enough of any non-white cultural group represented in any given season to make it possible as much as anything else.

It seems I'm definitely in the minority - I'm loving this season as much as any other. And I can't stand any of the Australian attempts at running the franchise. My only disappointment is that the episodes are over too quickly ... I really should wait til the end and binge it like I have in the past.

Yeah I've tried watching a few episodes of the Aussie version and can't get into it.

Think this episode was enough for me on this season, might be time to go back and cherry pick watching a few good seasons.

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah I've tried watching a few episodes of the Aussie version and can't get into it.

Think this episode was enough for me on this season, might be time to go back and cherry pick watching a few good seasons.
Have you watched Survivor South Africa on 10Play? It's great. Last time I checked they had all of Seasons 6,7 and 8 up. Definitely worth your effort.

Have you watched Survivor South Africa on 10Play? It's great. Last time I checked they had all of Seasons 6,7 and 8 up. Definitely worth your effort.

Nah I haven't, will suss it out and give it a crack. Cheers.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Yeah that's true.

Bottom 5?
I am leaning to worst ever

A better episode tonight. However, I don't like everyone being allowed to talk to each other privately during TC. It's a mess.

Back