FTA-TV Survivor 41

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't care what the twists are (haven't even looked at the above spoilers).

I just want it to start screening. NOW!!!!!

Pretty average season and underwhelming winner for mine.

I don’t dislike Erica, it just feels like I hardly ever saw or heard from her much. I didn’t think anything much about her at all.

Perfect winner I guess for a season for no offence to anyone, no-one sticking their neck out, hardly a move, stupid twists and Jeff trying to turn the show into some sort of statement.

There was just no-one to love and no-one to hate. Worst thing of all was that there was hardly any survivor.

Pretty average season and underwhelming winner for mine.

I don’t dislike Erica, it just feels like I hardly ever saw or heard from her much. I didn’t think anything much about her at all.

Perfect winner I guess for a season for no offence to anyone, no-one sticking their neck out, hardly a move, stupid twists and Jeff trying to turn the show into some sort of statement.

There was just no-one to love and no-one to hate. Worst thing of all was that there was hardly any survivor.
Interesting.
I think this is one of the best casts in a long time.

I enjoyed this season overall and I like Erica as a winner, but there were definitely some low moments for me and some things I'd be keen to not see repeated.

I don't think the edit served Erica well, it sort of seemed like she was saved by Naseer failing to throw the challenge (hard to know if Sydney was the true target though) AND by the hourglass. She hardly had any airtime pre-merge due to never going to tribal and having big characters like Naseer stealing the spotlight.

I have a feeling though that if I rewatched the season, I'd pick up on her moves a bit more.

Still keen for season 42 and it'll be interesting to see how a seemingly very similar season plays out this time.

Horrible season for mine, characters reminded me of actors a lot more than usual. Also the piece to camera was rarely about the game but a political statement or woe is me but I grew type crap.

So many past champs of this game probably wouldn't get past the 1st audition today.

Last edited:
Horrible season for mine, characters reminded me of actors a lot of more than usual. Also the piece to camera was rarely about the game but a political statement or woe is me but I grew type crap.

So many past champs of this game probably wouldn't get past the 1st audition today.
😂 how would Coach fair or the pig farmer from South Africa season?!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait?
He is hammerin' Sydney from S41?
Not a fan of the guy but he made some sense.

I said in an earlier post that the show is unlikely to gain viewers with its new format only lose viewers so I am not surprised.
I honestly hope come S43 they go a little more old school if they don't TV networks are businesses and I know we like to think our favorite shows will be around forever but it won't make it past S44 if it keeps bleeding viewers the way it is.

Drop the politics etc and play the game.

Russell H also losing it on his YouTube channel about the last season and how to fix the decline in ratings which then led me to research ratings of S41 and this show is in a spot of bother if S42 is following straight on. Some heat being applied in some articles

The ratings are always misleading because the show came from such a ridiculous high in the first 2 seasons, and network TV ratings overall have plummeted in the time Survivor's been on. It still normally wins its timeslot/night, and the ratings over the years have decreased at a much slower rate than network TV has. The ratings are fine.

Russell seems to know as much about how Survivor rates as he does about how to win it.

The ratings are always misleading because the show came from such a ridiculous high in the first 2 seasons, and network TV ratings overall have plummeted in the time Survivor's been on. It still normally wins its timeslot/night, and the ratings over the years have decreased at a much slower rate than network TV has. The ratings are fine.

Russell seems to know as much about how Survivor rates as he does about how to win it.

Well maybe I should go back and find the articles I was reading.
I love the US version and I am airing my concerns here.
The show is on the decline and unless something is done quickly to address the concerns expressed these past few pages in S43, I cannot see CBS coughing up the investment.

The show is on the decline and unless something is done quickly to address the concerns expressed these past few pages in S43, I cannot see CBS coughing up the investment.

The show is still popular and quite cheap compared to shows such as I'm A Celebrity or Celebrity Big Brother where networks not only have to pay for the production but pay appearance fees for those celebrities.

You know what I want to campaign for,

Survivor: Aus vs US

That would have to be an Aussie production as the US don't usually let any non-American citizens compete. Plus Australian Survivor would be unknown to most of their viewing audience.

And Channel 10 probably wouldn't have the cash to pay the appearance fees for all of those US stars.

The fact they are unknown wouldnt be an issue - Fans vs Favs brings in the casual audience and this would at worst be the same as that. A few flash backs and they would soon get an idea of each player.

America could do it if they wanted to and needed a big draw card

The show is still popular and quite cheap compared to shows such as I'm A Celebrity or Celebrity Big Brother where networks not only have to pay for the production but pay appearance fees for those celebrities.

That would have to be an Aussie production as the US don't usually let any non-American citizens compete. Plus Australian Survivor would be unknown to most of their viewing audience.

And Channel 10 probably wouldn't have the cash to pay the appearance fees for all of those US stars.

Pretty sure David from survivor AU is a duel US/AU citizen

if there's an Aussie vs Us survivor it would be huge in the survivor community in the US. US survivor reddit is all over Aussie Survivor and the general consensus is Aussie is better. Given that 41 had terrible ratings i think that a US vs Aus or US vs rest of the world might be closer than you think.
You could easily pick 2 players from Each Au season to play and have plenty of guns on the bench. I would absolutely be pumped but would hope its the Aussie production (minus a few twists/non elims) doing it rather than Jeff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back