FTA-TV Survivor 41

also how tf did Liana fall for the fake idol? She knew Xander knew about her advantage lmao
That was strange. Xander was confident though that she would not be able to help herself. Well done to him.

Better episode but they need to make a rule that you can’t leave your seat at tribal. It’s just too messy.

Jan 29, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Jeez that was hard to follow, all of the extra votes and shot in the dark combinations make it super convoluted.

Good episode though, I once again liked the editing work showing the fake idol play afterwards. I suppose Liana thought she was playing both sides well enough that her original tribe mates didn't see her move coming.

I thought it was strange that they threw 5 on Evvie instead of Sydney, wouldn't Evvie have been the better option, with the potential for a 4-4 vote on Deshawn and Sydney (bye Sydney) if Evvie played the idol? Might have just been the chaos that caused that decision.

• Good episode, still too much happening, but you get a good cast, you let them play Survivor and the show works.
  • I wonder if Xander had to say the fake was a fake, you'd be better off handing it over and letting Liana believe she had the real thing.
  • Sydney was great, would love to see her play again.
  • I really like the Shot in the Dark, only twist this season I'd like to see come back.
  • Why smash the hour glass off camera? Surely you have Erika bring it in to the challenge and smash it in front of everyone/let people beg for their life
  • I like Live Tribals if its subtitled and you can follow it, which it feels like they've done this season for the first time

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
  • Good episode, still too much happening, but you get a good cast, you let them play Survivor and the show works.
  • I wonder if Xander had to say the fake was a fake, you'd be better off handing it over and letting Liana believe she had the real thing.
  • Sydney was great, would love to see her play again.
  • I really like the Shot in the Dark, only twist this season I'd like to see come back.
  • Why smash the hour glass off camera? Surely you have Erika bring it in to the challenge and smash it in front of everyone/let people beg for their life
  • I like Live Tribals if its subtitled and you can follow it, which it feels like they've done this season for the first time

That "They cannot lie" bit i guess means Xander has to say no he doesn't

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Really entertaining back half of the episode but still hate how it got there and Danny was pretty much on point through out.

Sydney was a star. Self obsessed but self aware about it. Little bit gutted to lose her this soon and would have much preferred Deshawn go who is a good player but a middle of the road bore.

Cannot believe Liana fell for that. Was super well played by Xander but she knew that they they knew about her advantage so obviously has to know they are playing her. Good riddance to a garbage advantage though and the only way it even made for good TV was because it got out that she even had it

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Did you also back Johnny Get Angry in the cup.

In a regular season she would be a good goat but feel like she will end up an easy collateral vote somewhere along the line where they are worried the main target has an advantage.

Well I put a $10 bet on which would have been a $600 return which is $400 less than I won on him Derby Day 2020

Mar 29, 2007
Rand McNally
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Just to be nitpickey… xander gave his idol some chick (forgot her name), so when he was asked did he have an idol he could say no, yet a minute late the chick with the idol says, xander I still have YOUR idol do you want me to play it for Evie ?
So in reality he still had an idol, he just wasn’t holding it

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Just to be nitpickey… xander gave his idol some chick (forgot her name), so when he was asked did he have an idol he could say no, yet a minute late the chick with the idol says, xander I still have YOUR idol do you want me to play it for Evie ?
So in reality he still had an idol, he just wasn’t holding it

Nah at that point its technically Tiffany's idol and she doesnt have to give it back to him but obviously they are allied and she still sees it as his choice to play the idol that he earned. Until she actually gives it back its her idol though

Jan 29, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If he'd done that though (or been able to do it), they would have still had to play the idol on Evvie to save her. This way they saved their idol. They would have been able to get out Deshawn though... But it is probably a moot point, given that he couldn't lie.

Stupid advantage anyway.

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Seeing it in play I still think the idol nullifier is the king of bad advantages. Boy have Survivor got lucky though with a lot of their awful advantages lucking into the only palatable outcomes though

Jan 29, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Seeing it in play I still think the idol nullifier is the king of bad advantages. Boy have Survivor got lucky though with a lot of their awful advantages lucking into the only palatable outcomes though
I didn't hate the idol nullifier as much as most people, because I kind of like the idea of challenge immunity being worth more than a hidden idol that players had started finding without clues etc. (until the hourglass I guess 🙄). But I didn't think it was fair that it was introduced without warning.

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Nah i hate it. Its just a tool to slam dunk against the minority and give no outs as far as entertainment go. It will almost never be of any use to someone in a minority and if the majority get it then it cant be countered and takes no strategy to play. Just a TV killer

At least this one could provide entertainment once its known its in play

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I love that the weird "Naseer-isms" stopped anyone realising that he had the idol from that camp.

For all the advantages (and the complaints about them), it's just as true as it's ever been that they lose their power for every person that knows about them. Sandra and Tony aren't running around telling people about their advantages. It was comically obvious was Xander was doing last night, and it's incredible that they fell for it.

Back