glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
That was heavy stuff at times. Shan’s time was coming, if she made it to the end she wins. But was surprised Ricard pulled the trigger this early.

Well played. One hell of a blindside to pull off.

Aug 2, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Arsenal
Fantastic episode.

I thought Ricard and Erika were both great strategically.

I do wonder if Shan should have had some alarm bells going off in her head after Ricard won immunity, as players tend to try and make big moves in that scenario. In all fairness though, very reasonable to not pick up on it.

Shan really reminded me of Tony. Such a chaotic game throughout. Was fun to watch. Curious to see how the game develops from here, now that the biggest character of the season is gone.

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
Shan is going to win this. She has had more airtime so far this season than Covid has had.

Shan is winning this and I still don't know why. She wants/get everything her way - I am over hearing from her.
These aged well :)

Just because you're deaf doesn't make you less of a campaigner Riccard, you're just a deaf campaigner
Total boss move by Riccard. Won my respect big time, and Erika not far behind.

I'd love Xander to take the whole thing but I'm now far less single-minded about it after tonight's ep.

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Fun episode but my god i do not get the heroic Shan edit at all. Over confident and grating player that gets blindsided with an idol does not typically get this sort of treatment. Dont even hate it really but its just a very weird call

Correct move by Ricard. Dont take her out now and you are either being taken out by the others to weaken Shan or Shan herself has the numbers to decide whenever you go. Had to be now

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners
I was glad I was wrong - last night was brilliant so I will stick to watching it. I was about to give up given how much time Shan was getting.

But brilliant play Ricard - he wins if he makes it to the end but I didn't think he would do it, or get enough others onboard.

Liana to go next please.....she is Shan mark 2 and will be so annoyed right now. She won't get immunity so she knows she is in trouble

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Really good episode.

I liked Shan, she was good value early on and it'll be interesting to see her reaction once she finds out that Ricard was the one that set her up to go and not Deshawn.

milhouse1

All Australian
Jun 25, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Diego Padres
Really enjoyed that episode- shows what happens when a good cast is allowed to play without being overwhelmed with twists. I previously said on this thread this season was heading towards a bottom 5 season for me after a couple of really poor episodes, but the last few have been good so it is climbing the rankings! (I have heard about another twist is coming soon which might send it back the rankings, but will have to wait and see).

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Really good episode.

I liked Shan, she was good value early on and it'll be interesting to see her reaction once she finds out that Ricard was the one that set her up to go and not Deshawn.

I thought the same. Wait till she finds out it was Ricard who engineered the move. Not sure she’ll be so quick to vote for him in that respect. But in a way I’m hoping Ricard will make it to final tribal council where (presumably) that information will come out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
I was glad I was wrong - last night was brilliant so I will stick to watching it. I was about to give up given how much time Shan was getting.

But brilliant play Ricard - he wins if he makes it to the end but I didn't think he would do it, or get enough others onboard.

Liana to go next please.....she is Shan mark 2 and will be so annoyed right now. She won't get immunity so she knows she is in trouble
He'd want to keep winning immunity though, as Shan's very public exiting remark "you've got my vote on the jury" definitely puts a huge set of crosshairs on him next tribal.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Boss move by Ricard. I so thought Danny was going to stuff it up.

I thought the same. Wait till she finds out it was Ricard who engineered the move. Not sure she’ll be so quick to vote for him in that respect. But in a way I’m hoping Ricard will make it to final tribal council where (presumably) that information will come out.

He'd want to keep winning immunity though, as Shan's very public exiting remark "you've got my vote on the jury" definitely puts a huge set of crosshairs on him next tribal.

Wonder if Shan made that call in a calculated fashion. Via the vote it was obvious it was only her and Liana not in on the plan. If the others do target Ricard on the back of it it gives her girl some breathing space.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Boss move by Ricard. I so thought Danny was going to stuff it up.

Wonder if Shan made that call in a calculated fashion. Via the vote it was obvious it was only her and Liana not in on the plan. If the others do target Ricard on the back of it it gives her girl some breathing space.

Earlier at tribal she said something like “we’re all liars here”. So perhaps she did say that tactically, am not sure.

She did seem very genuine towards Ricard though, telling him it’s okay and reaching around to hold his hand briefly.

On a side note, I wonder if these idols come back into play on the island. That’s two consecutive episodes were someone has been voted off with an idol in their pocket.

I will say, as someone who has been very down on some of the twists, and I'm already dreading next week, both the shot in the dark and the shared idols have been really good twists imo.

The shot in the dark has greatly encouraged blindsides and disencouraged going for the easy vote out, even though it's own been played once it's had a huge impact.

Idols are better when everyone knows who has them, so making people announce they found one has been a good addition, even if the method of announcing them was a little cringe worthy.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Really enjoyed that episode- shows what happens when a good cast is allowed to play without being overwhelmed with twists. I previously said on this thread this season was heading towards a bottom 5 season for me after a couple of really poor episodes, but the last few have been good so it is climbing the rankings! (I have heard about another twist is coming soon which might send it back the rankings, but will have to wait and see).

Now I’ve been following Survivor since it commenced but in my personal opinion it always seems to take awhile to get going but once you get to the last 8 or so players, you see more of the strategic moves/game play as 1) there are less players around and 2) the weaker players have generally but not always booted off.

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Very good episode.

Huge move by Ricard and I was shocked that he pulled the trigger this early on Shan but it was the best time to do it. He probably almost has to win every immunity from here on to take it out though.

Erika with some good work behind the scenes there too.

Xander has a handy idol now that he didn't play it, he's a good chance to win some Immunities.

In terms of rankings I think this is the order of most likely to win if they are sat at the end, getting there is another matter though:

1. Ricard
2. Deshawn
3. Erika
4. Xander
5. Liana
6. Danny
7. Heather

Do we know if it is a final 3 or 2 this season?

Very good episode.

Huge move by Ricard and I was shocked that he pulled the trigger this early on Shan but it was the best time to do it. He probably almost has to win every immunity from here on to take it out though.

Erika with some good work behind the scenes there too.

Xander has a handy idol now that he didn't play it, he's a good chance to win some Immunities.

In terms of rankings I think this is the order of most likely to win if they are sat at the end, getting there is another matter though:

1. Ricard
2. Deshawn
3. Erika
4. Xander
5. Liana
6. Danny
7. Heather

Do we know if it is a final 3 or 2 this season?
I'd be surprised if we ever see the final 2 again tbh

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Very good episode.

1. Ricard
2. Deshawn
3. Erika
4. Xander
5. Liana
6. Danny
7. Heather

Needs a lot to go right and needs to be in a final 3 with Liana, Danny or Heather to have a chance.

I get the impression he isn't too popular and people would prefer to vote for others.

Back