FTA-TV Survivor 42

Remove this Banner Ad

Thursday March 10, 2022 on Channel 9GO at 7:30 - Survivor 42 (ep 1 in season 42) New Season Premiere

List of Survivor 42 contestants

ContestantOriginal tribe
Rocksroy Bailey
44, Las Vegas, Nevada
Ika
Lindsay Dolashewich
31, Asbury Park, New Jersey
Taku
Romeo Escobar
37, Norwalk, California
Ika
Jackson Fox
48, Houston, Texas
Taku
Hai Giang
29, New Orleans, Louisiana
Vati
Swati Goel
19, Palo Alto, California
Ika
Chanelle Howell
29, New York, New York
Vati
Jenny Kim
43, Brooklyn, New York
Vati
Tori Meehan
25, Rogers, Arkansas
Ika
Lydia Meredith
22, Santa Monica, California
Vati
Maryanne Oketch
24, Ajax, Ontario, Canada
Taku
Marya Sherron
47, Noblesville, Indiana
Taku
Daniel Strunk
30, New Haven, Connecticut
Vati
Mike Turner
58, Hoboken, New Jersey
Vati
Drea Wheeler
35, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Ika
Zach Wurtenberger
22, St. Louis, Missouri
Ika
Jonathan Young
29, Gulf Shores, Alabama
Taku
Omar Zaheer
31, Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Taku

Thursday March 10, 2022 on Channel 9GO at 7:30 - Survivor 42 (ep 1 in season 42) New Season Premiere

List of Survivor 42 contestants

ContestantOriginal tribe
Rocksroy Bailey
44, Las Vegas, Nevada
Ika
Lindsay Dolashewich
31, Asbury Park, New Jersey
Taku
Romeo Escobar
37, Norwalk, California
Ika
Jackson Fox
48, Houston, Texas
Taku
Hai Giang
29, New Orleans, Louisiana
Vati
Swati Goel
19, Palo Alto, California
Ika
Chanelle Howell
29, New York, New York
Vati
Jenny Kim
43, Brooklyn, New York
Vati
Tori Meehan
25, Rogers, Arkansas
Ika
Lydia Meredith
22, Santa Monica, California
Vati
Maryanne Oketch
24, Ajax, Ontario, Canada
Taku
Marya Sherron
47, Noblesville, Indiana
Taku
Daniel Strunk
30, New Haven, Connecticut
Vati
Mike Turner
58, Hoboken, New Jersey
Vati
Drea Wheeler
35, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Ika
Zach Wurtenberger
22, St. Louis, Missouri
Ika
Jonathan Young
29, Gulf Shores, Alabama
Taku
Omar Zaheer
31, Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Taku

I like it - again, no return players. Unless Kellee or Jamal (or maybe Janet) want to play again, I've been hoping they'd draw a line under season 40 and stop with the returning players. If they make it another 8 seasons to 50, maybe do something special - but season 39 largely broke the enjoyment of the game, and they were damn lucky that they had the all-winners series immediately afterwards to revive it. Without that stroke of luck (and with the COVID impacts) I could've seen the show ending before season 42.

I like it - again, no return players. Unless Kellee or Jamal (or maybe Janet) want to play again, I've been hoping they'd draw a line under season 40 and stop with the returning players. If they make it another 8 seasons to 50, maybe do something special - but season 39 largely broke the enjoyment of the game, and they were damn lucky that they had the all-winners series immediately afterwards to revive it. Without that stroke of luck (and with the COVID impacts) I could've seen the show ending before season 42.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a returning players season soon. Outside the winners, we've basically seen no returning players from 35 onwards, and there's a tonne of great players on those casts.

Devens
Dom
Christian
Angelina
Chrissy
Devon
Basically the entirety of 37
Jamal
Janet
Kellee
Lauren (38)
Lauren (39)
Victoria

50% BIPOC initiative does make it tough to cast all star seasons in the short term though. Although might mean we finally see Sean Rector, Brice and Cydney again.

Anyway, cautiously optimistic for this season. Production apparently believed it to be a great season, which with their history don't know whether to take as a good or bad sign.

But Survivor at its worst (39 excluded) is better than 99% of TV at its best so I can't wait.

Anyway, cautiously optimistic for this season. Production apparently believed it to be a great season, which with their history don't know whether to take as a good or bad sign.

But Survivor at its worst (39 excluded) is better than 99% of TV at its best so I can't wait.
39 was the first Survivor season since I started watching it that I didn't bother with. The concept just seemed so unappealing to me. Glad to see I made the right call

39 was the first Survivor season since I started watching it that I didn't bother with. The concept just seemed so unappealing to me. Glad to see I made the right call
The concept was dumb but didn't really ruin anything.

The only issue was one particular issue in casting and the compunding mistakes they made in regards to it.

The concept was dumb but didn't really ruin anything.

The only issue was one particular issue in casting and the compunding mistakes they made in regards to it.

My memory is a bit hazy on this - are you referring to the incident of Dan being removed from the show for persistent/inappropriate touching etc? (Unless I have my seasons mixed up, apologies if so).

It went from stupid twists, to social issues, to meh winner

If you switched off before all the black alliance stuff, I wouldn't bother going through that

Nah I don't think I got that far, couldn't survive the cluster* of advantages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those who got through all of Season 41, did it improve from the early episodes?
Once you get through the merge episode, the twists definitely backed off. I thought 41 was fine tbh, was probably a mid table season, better than most seasons since 34

I couldnt get through most seasons since about 35 except DvG WAW (didnt really like it but sat through it cos so many legends on it) and 41 which was ok I suppose. I am more for the game play and cast, twists dont bother me, so i will watch this one with a bit of scepticism and hope to be surprised.

A bad Aussie Survivor season (which this one isnt yet but i am dreading whats coming given the cast left) is way better than most US seasons nowdays.

I'm in!

I was just musing last night that it's great to watch (AU) Survivor and take my mind of things like floods, wars & other R/L issues but it only has a week or three to go.

I'm really surprised and pissed off that you'd be removed from the game because CBS/the production company aren't prepared to work with someone who has mental health issues.

I reckon I've probably had a dozen different medications (including lithium) for personality disorder, PTSD and depression and anxiety over the last 20 years and, while I've obviously never gone and done anything as taxing as Survivor, that medication would've been entirely manageable on the show if they'd been prepared to use their on-set psychologist (who they presumably employed after 39) to speak with him every day or 2 to see how he was tracking, because more and more the science shows that medication doesn't cure any of these illnesses anyway, therapy is the best cure.

So as far as they knew when they pulled him from the game, the impact (or otherwise) of Lithium may well have been negligible. I suspect the entire reason they did it is because most of these drugs are prescribed to be taken with food, which can't be guaranteed in Survivor. In reality? Or at least in my experience? It doesn't really matter, taking it with food just makes you maybe 5% less likely to vomit it back up half an hour later. (I realise he wasn't planning to take it during the show, but to come off it entirely)

I guess I'm surprised and pissed off cos I don't imagine the rules for Australian Survivor would be much different - so a dream might've just died for a reason that makes no sense to me. Cos it didn't appear that they booted him because he was dishonest and didn't give them a chance to plan around it - it really looked like he was booted because they weren't prepared to manage his medication and his mental health for 26 friggen days.

It sounded perfectly reasonable to me and he took it with good grace. At the end of the day you can blame the litigious state of affairs that the USA has become and the fact that had something have happened to him the Producers are the ones in the Dock.

Anyway, despite the walk up the hill it was a good opener with some interesting people

Good first episode and way better than the last season’s opener.

Pretty interesting cast.

Agree with the post above though that there was no discussion whatsoever about what happened to the 3 tribe members taken away. Wtf?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back