FTA-TV Survivor 44

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know why they bother traveling outside the US for it theses days, could easily do it on a Hollywood movie set, becoming so vanilla.
Way cheaper for starters to keep it in Fiji, especially with all the infrastructure already there. Also, I'd imagine that hosting it in the USA, even on a movie set, would open it up to gawkers and intruders ... there'd be people flying their drones in from everywhere chasing spoilers.

The location is not the problem, nor are the cast, nor are the gimmicks. It's Season 44 people - even the biggest fans are most likely getting fatigued to some extent.

Way cheaper for starters to keep it in Fiji, especially with all the infrastructure already there. Also, I'd imagine that hosting it in the USA, even on a movie set, would open it up to gawkers and intruders ... there'd be people flying their drones in from everywhere chasing spoilers.

The location is not the problem, nor are the cast, nor are the gimmicks. It's Season 44 people - even the biggest fans are most likely getting fatigued to some extent.
Yeah I wasn't being serious.

Dont agree here at all. Its like people who get annoyed at the footy these days - its not because they are into season 40 or whatever of watching the AFL and not interested anymore, its that the game has been changed negatively to the point its not as entertaining to them. Just last month people were loving the Australian season as a top 5 season of all time

This season has been reminiscent of recent seasons whereby it lifts off around this time, after the merge. The gameplay and quality of seems to ramp up and it’s much better viewing. There are largely forgettable episodes however am enjoying some of the personalities and hope they stick around deep into the game. Carolyn the stand out.

Dont agree here at all. Its like people who get annoyed at the footy these days - its not because they are into season 40 or whatever of watching the AFL and not interested anymore, its that the game has been changed negatively to the point its not as entertaining to them. Just last month people were loving the Australian season as a top 5 season of all time
Aussie survivor is way better these days. I mean way better

Not related to 44, but Keith from 29 and 31 passed away last week.

Sad; remember the season with his son Wes, and Keith seemed like he'd go early, but just had such a likability that he ended up endearing himself to many.

Well I will say it as it’s 5 pages since I last wrote it but Location was a big contribution to why I loved the earlier seasons of Survivor.

The uniqueness of the environment was an extra pressure on the contestants
The changing locations and in turn themes as such a cool feature prior to exclusively being in Fiji and the islands in the Pacific.

I quite liked the dversity of series in Panama, South America, Nicaragua etc. S3 in Africa was pretty insane having to basically be in an enclosure to the roaming wildlife and I recall hearing that after it the producers were like never again, such was the danger with the location.

It's probably a shame they don't have two (at least) Pacific bases. One year US could use Samoa, AUS use Fiji and the next year they swap.

Add South Africa and another Pacific/South-East Asian base and even more options to mix it up without drastically increasing costs.

Tell me again why we needed to waste even a second of air time on that Jaime fake idol nonsense? The non story went absolutely no where and time could have been better spent on literally anything else

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great move by Carolyn. Didn’t seem that it was necessary however with the most votes going to Danny. She’s the standout this season. I hope she wins it all.

That immunity challenge always freaks me out. Hell of a job by Yam Yam.

De Niro face was so lame
I See Yes GIF by NETFLIX

Carson for the win, but I think Carolyn still wins it.

Finale next week - 3 hours. Live on Go at 1000 or the usual replay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back