FTA-TV Survivor 46

Remove this Banner Ad

Especially hard going up against Titans v Rebels when it's been so good but this has been a real slow start. Hopefully someone other than Yanu can lose next week.

Honestly I don't think I can remember any season of Survivor that's been anywhere near as good as TVR

I'm glad they still aren't doing returning players. After the ickiness of 39 and the big Winners at War gimmick of 40, the show really needed a new phase.

There are a couple of people from seasons 36-38, and especially some people who were treated awfully in 39, who deserved a second chance at the game, but I think it's probably for the best that they're considered a case of unfortunate timing, and the show moves forward from season 41 onwards.
Having seen every episode of Survivor, there has not been one decent season since 40.

The last 3-4 seasons have been awful. The casts are terrible full of people that have never camped and all woke AF. The back story of their loser lives are terrible and his forbid there are actually attractive white people anymore. It’s as if they’ve selected cast members from lines of comic con who are all whiney millennials. Not to mention filling every bloody quota possible of races, sexuality, fat etc etc and being ridiculously inclusive, I mean why? The viewers that made Survivor are being shat on with these pathetic casts and stories about how they’ve struggled with life.

Moving from 39 to 26 days has ruined it, the ease and number of idols in the game has ruined it and teams are not forced to survive at all.

And all these pathetic vignettes of cast members and their loser stories about what losers they’ve been are embarrassing. That Indian guy; I mean cmon. He’s a sook and has no business even being cast. Where’s the jocks and good looking people or hell a decent number of people aged 35 +. There hasn’t been a memorable player in at least 4 years and this new CBS casting of no more than 50% whites is just killing the game as is selecting whole casts that aren’t outdoor people. Hell give us some unhinged people like FairPlay or Shane Powers. Could you imagine the woke outrage if someone pulled a Faieplay with the dead grandmother. Oh and selecting cast members that can’t swim and then the whole cast saying how brave they are for getting in the water. 🙄

Yet I keep watching because I pray Jeff will wake up and stop pandering to god knows what.

Tell me I’m wrong.

Last edited:
I don't like quota casting in general but the worst part is their "diverse" casting is generally like 80% the same kind of survivor reddit nerd just with a different skin colour or sexuality which defeats the purpose for me.

Also yeah wouldn't hurt them to start casting some attractive people again for the viewers...

Bhanu is very intense. Too intense actually, the way he was screaming about Ghandi prior to the challenge. I appreciate his sentiment and what he was trying to communicate. However needs to tone it right down. Very lucky to still be there, the medical exit I guess was that miracle he was praying for.

I’m guessing from the amount of air time devoted to him so far, that he goes deep into this season? Who knows though, the extra time in these episodes perhaps allows for that.

Does the beware advantage now go back into the game I wonder, or does he take it with him when he left the series.

I’m guessing from the amount of air time devoted to him so far, that he goes deep into this season? Who knows though, the extra time in these episodes perhaps allows for that.

They were obviously scraping the barrel for enough content given that flashback to the idol that was actually found in week 1.

Banu the luckiest guy in survivor history. Put on a tribe with two other obvious first boots and then saved by a medivac.

They were obviously scraping the barrel for enough content given that flashback to the idol that was actually found in week 1.

Banu the luckiest guy in survivor history. Put on a tribe with two other obvious first boots and then saved by a medivac.

Yep I figured as much, there was likely not much else happening across the other tribes to zoom in on and pad out the episode. The third tribe though, I forgot their name, hardly even seemed to be a check in at their tribe during the episode.

There’s usually more air time given when the players come back from a journey, what stories etc they tell, but it seemed very quick this time.

Im probably reading too much into it that Bhanu will go far this season. However the other side of the coin is his meltdown was so unique/uncommon that how could they not allocate such an amount of time to it. Time will tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the worst thing about it all is that there is value in having 90 minute episodes on most seasons of survivor but Jeff will blame the longer episodes for the drop off in quality before acknowledging the stale 3 tribe format and sooky super fan casting as the main contributing factors

Bhanu said a few times that he’s a superfan and has seen every season (I think many people who now play would probably consider themselves superfans as well).

Which is why I found it odd that he needed so much coaching and instructions on how to answer questions, withhold information from other tribes etc. Was he paying attention to all of the episodes he has watched?

It was odd viewing and unfortunately just too over the top, when he was on his hands and knees begging for help. Raw and emotional stuff yelling at god and his story he shared at tribal. I think now the series needs to get to the merge or a tribe swap etc, am keen to see how the remaining 3 now manage the damage and information Bhanu revealed about them.

I dont mind 3 person tribes as a starting point but switch it up after a couple votes. Two tribes was having its troubles early on too with big majorities just ganging up on one person and making for boring votes

What have they even been eating I wonder, this far into the game with no flint and unable to cook rice. Lots of coconuts, fruit etc that they have found perhaps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back