FTA-TV Survivor: David vs. Goliath

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for that. I saw the writer on CNN last night talking about the connection. I did watch some episodes of the first Apprentice, but wasn't a regular viewer. I had never heard of Trump before that show. The writer did mention that Burnett was a good reader of him(and people in general) and knew exactly how to treat Trump by complimenting him. So, as far as I'm concerned, Mark Burnett is now on my hate list. :D

Maybe I repeat it every season, but this FTC (in which Mike matched or outflanked Nick on every argument made) only enforces how each juror is simply beholden to who they instinctively like and relate to best on a personal level. In terms of deciding a winner I think lengthy discussions about the three Os will always be a waste of time, which isn't to deny its value for the viewer. Every second we see of the contestants interacting with the jury helps explain the end result, not through what they're saying but how they're saying it.

We must have watched a completely different FTC! I actually thought Mike was a good shot to win leading into the FTC, but Nick outgunned Mike in pretty much every area at the FTC. Some of Mike's speeches started well and then just faded away, like he forgot what the point that he was trying to make was.

We must have watched a completely different FTC! I actually thought Mike was a good shot to win leading into the FTC, but Nick outgunned Mike in pretty much every area at the FTC. Some of Mike's speeches started well and then just faded away, like he forgot what the point that he was trying to make was.
Different FTC sounds like the tip of the iceberg. If Mike telling Alison to shut up and leave with dignity (in front of the jury lol) didn't obliterate all your expectations of him winning, I am just completely bumpuzzled.

Different FTC sounds like the tip of the iceberg. If Mike telling Alison to shut up and leave with dignity (in front of the jury lol) didn't obliterate all your expectations of him winning, I am just completely bumpuzzled.

That definitely didn't help him, but I think some would have thought that as a spur of the moment defensive error. I genuinely think Mike had Davie's vote up until the FTC and Nick changed Davie's mind. If that happened to just 1 other juror, then Mike would have won had he put in a better FTC showing.

That definitely didn't help him, but I think some would have thought that as a spur of the moment defensive error.
Well just to be clear, I don't think his catty remark to Alison affected the result (she still gave him her vote, for one thing). It's more an alarm bell from an editing perspective, kind of thing you'd expect to end up on the cutting room floor if he was the winner.

I genuinely think Mike had Davie's vote up until the FTC and Nick changed Davie's mind. If that happened to just 1 other juror, then Mike would have won had he put in a better FTC showing.
I don't recall any moments in the season showing a solid bond between Mike and Davie, they also only voted together two whole times, so I'm curious about what you'd be basing that theory on.

Well just to be clear, I don't think his catty remark to Alison affected the result (she still gave him her vote, for one thing). It's more an alarm bell from an editing perspective, kind of thing you'd expect to end up on the cutting room floor if he was the winner.

I don't recall any moments in the season showing a solid bond between Mike and Davie, they also only voted together two whole times, so I'm curious about what you'd be basing that theory on.

Fair call on the 1st part. I'll be honest and say that I tend not to think too hard about the editing for the most part.

The theory is based on when Davie got voted out, he said that his vote would go to whoever instigated his blindside (which was Mike). Sure, it was a bit of a throwaway line, but (call me naïve) I took it on face value... Especially since he seemed a bit angry at Nick for not realizing/knowing that the blindside was coming.

The theory is based on when Davie got voted out, he said that his vote would go to whoever instigated his blindside (which was Mike). Sure, it was a bit of a throwaway line, but (call me naïve) I took it on face value... Especially since he seemed a bit angry at Nick for not realizing/knowing that the blindside was coming.
Ah yes I did forget about that, pretty sure at the time I thought the credibility of Davie's overture depended on how decisively he followed through with it.

Finale wasn't even two weeks ago, yet a lot of the FTC details are already hazy to me. Perhaps a re-watch could soften my thoughts about who made better arguments. I certainly recall the analogy that initially ran through my head, which was two painters explaining why they should win first prize in an art competition: "I should win because I used a lot of blue" says Nick, "but my work is more impressive since I used a lot of red" Mike replies.

People get taken out for being annoying all the time though. I think she got lucky in the reshuffle getting put on the same tribe as Natalie.

I do agree that there's not been any need to take her out recently though. She'd make a good, if annoying, goat imo

I'm watching this season for the first time and I am up to the final 6.

She has done very well to get this far and for being the most annoying person on a season She has been one of the more tolerable ones the show has ever had and yes I admit I do find her fairly easy on the eye ;)

This has been one of the best seasons I have seen and I think it's one of the best casts of any season.

I'm watching this season for the first time and I am up to the final 6.

She has done very well to get this far and for being the most annoying person on a season She has been one of the more tolerable ones the show has ever had and yes I admit I do find her fairly easy on the eye ;)

This has been one of the best seasons I have seen and I think it's one of the best casts of any season.
Probably the best season since Cagayan

Looks like a nothing account but in their other tweets they talk like they are insiders at CBS. Angelina has denied the rumours but Russell Hantz (of all people) is claiming they are true.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow, either on the show or on social media afterwards, what was claimed to have happened and maybe if it this rumour is true or now

What was the rumour?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was the rumour?

Mike's partner snuck him weed during the family visit and the rumour was Mike would be disqualified during the finale because of it.

Also if you've just finished DvG, Mike Whites hungover exit interview with RHAP is a must listen. Starts at 17 min mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back