FTA-TV Survivor: David vs. Goliath

Remove this Banner Ad

"So, what would happen if we added another challenge to the experience? A question that simply asks… How badly do you want this?”
Pretty sure we already know the answer to that for at least Joe considering he pushed himself until he passed out during a challenge. A bit like Ozzy for me, Joe is a favourite but surely such a threat that he will struggle to ever win.
I hate when they bring back old contestants. I like seeing new victims.:D

So, Angelina, how does it feel to have received 0 votes tonight against this guy?

2uelklc.gif

:D

Last edited:

Satisfying winner considering the final 6. Easily played the best all round game. Disappointing Kara didn’t get through as it would’ve been a touch more interesting but would’ve hated to see her win. I do like Mike and was surprised he didn’t go down the philanthropy route, as a fairly well off guy he never had a chance otherwise. Angelina is a shocker and I’m glad she received nothing.

Next season seems underwhelming but I would’ve said the same thing about DvG a few months ago. Not sure I like the twist but will be cool to see it play out. Not a fan of returnees either unless it’s the whole cast.

I've decided to watch the Finale again since I spent so much time posting on another site and texting my brother while watching, that I missed some parts. I have no life.:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best part was early in the episode during the reward where they're painting Mike as heinously drink before he finds the clue, says something like "idiots!" and immediately points them to the idol :D

I didn't particularly like Nick - in fact I didn't really like any of the final 5 - but he was the right winner.

That said though, I'm a bit disappointed that Angelina couldn't even conjure a vote. On what John said during the final tribal council, she finished strong. While Nick and Mike thought they were pulling the strings down the home stretch, it was actually Angelina. Her problem was that to get that far people only ever saw her as "the goat", and I think it's probably hard to overcome that with a jury who all probably saw themselves in the final 3 that included her. I don't think she deserved to win, but she deserved better than 0 votes.

The more I listened to Nick at tribal the more he started to sound like Matthew McConaughey!
He certainly dialled up the Kentucky at TC.

Great season, happy with the winner too. Thought Mike was fantastic at final tribal, he really is a great story teller and gave me goosebumps at one stage with the way he spoke about the game.

Best part was early in the episode during the reward where they're painting Mike as heinously drink before he finds the clue, says something like "idiots!" and immediately points them to the idol :D

I didn't particularly like Nick - in fact I didn't really like any of the final 5 - but he was the right winner.

That said though, I'm a bit disappointed that Angelina couldn't even conjure a vote. On what John said during the final tribal council, she finished strong. While Nick and Mike thought they were pulling the strings down the home stretch, it was actually Angelina. Her problem was that to get that far people only ever saw her as "the goat", and I think it's probably hard to overcome that with a jury who all probably saw themselves in the final 3 that included her. I don't think she deserved to win, but she deserved better than 0 votes.
That's an interesting take, it seemed from the edit that Mike was the real one in charge. He was the one who lead the vote on Christian. He was the one who decided it needed to be Davey (correctly).

Angelina might have done okay when it came to voting but she committed so many faux pas that no one could take her seriously.

Despite talking up a selfless nature, trying to vote Lyrsa out for her jacket was callous.
The way she pandered to Elizabeth right before tribal council was really obvious.
Her selfless act of giving up chance of immunity for rice wasn't respected by others, as once again it was seen as an obvious attempt to curry favour.
Then she basically admitted she did it as a game move when she begged to be taken on reward at final 7.
Finding the Idol clue was great for her, but creating her fake Idol scheme to embarrass Alison on the way out seems like something out of the Russell Hantz playbook. Alison was well liked but was probably the player who had been through the most ups and downs throughout the season.

Out of all zero vote finalists, she might be one of the most deserving of all time.

I really struggle with Angelina. All of the points she makes are valid in regards to women playing survivor. Yet even still, and as a woman, I find her unbearable. She is so socially unaware of how she is being perceived that it is uncomfortable to watch.

I hope that in an exit interview she is asked if she thought she had a chance to win.

Maybe I repeat it every season, but this FTC (in which Mike matched or outflanked Nick on every argument made) only enforces how each juror is simply beholden to who they instinctively like and relate to best on a personal level. In terms of deciding a winner I think lengthy discussions about the three Os will always be a waste of time, which isn't to deny its value for the viewer. Every second we see of the contestants interacting with the jury helps explain the end result, not through what they're saying but how they're saying it.

Out of all zero vote finalists, she might be one of the most deserving of all time.
That was my initial feel too, however looking back through the list of now 22 ducks, man there is some stiff competition. Probably only about four of them were unlucky to not at least get a vote thrown their way. One thing you can say about Angelina is that she really did try to make stuff happen.

The fake idol and trying to set up the theatrical idol play wasn't a bad idea but you can't go out and tell everyone that is what you are doing!!! Sure Angelina we will help you win favour with the jury, why not!!!

It was kind of hard for her to get it done though since she was the Goat everyone wanted to take to the end so no one actually wanted to vote her out.

She could have maybe scrapped the fake idol plan and after Nick won immunity go to Alison and say hey Mike has an idol. Then Alison and Kara vote for her. Then Mike and Nick vote for Alison. Angelina throws a vote to Kara to generate the 2-2 tie and plays her idol sending Alison home.

I called her a psychopath after jacket gate. Mike called her out this episode and that was based on trying to set up the idol play rather than the fake tears for her apparent fall which was just completely mental.

I really struggle with Angelina. All of the points she makes are valid in regards to women playing survivor. Yet even still, and as a woman, I find her unbearable. She is so socially unaware of how she is being perceived that it is uncomfortable to watch.

I hope that in an exit interview she is asked if she thought she had a chance to win.

Some people are destined to get in their own way

Remove this Banner Ad

Back