FTA-TV Survivor: David vs. Goliath

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that the final three all came from the switched tribe that I considered to be the weakest (Jabeni)

Good finale. I think any of Nick, Davie or Mike would have been deserving winners (aside from Christian of course, but it would’ve been crazy to allow him to get to the end). All played very good games.

It was good of Davie to call out Angelina for the constant mentioning of the rice ‘sacrifice’ at final tribal council. Very decent season overall, one of the better ones I can recall.

I really struggle with Angelina. All of the points she makes are valid in regards to women playing survivor. Yet even still, and as a woman, I find her unbearable. She is so socially unaware of how she is being perceived that it is uncomfortable to watch.

I hope that in an exit interview she is asked if she thought she had a chance to win.
Yep, the reasons I found her irritating would be irritating from a guy as well.
Good finale. I think any of Nick, Davie or Mike would have been deserving winners (aside from Christian of course, but it would’ve been crazy to allow him to get to the end). All played very good games.

It was good of Davie to call out Angelina for the constant mentioning of the rice ‘sacrifice’ at final tribal council. Very decent season overall, one of the better ones I can recall.
Lots of people saying top 5 which i think is a bit of recency bias, but a definite shout for top 10 season IMO.

Yay for Nick, 3 immunity challenges in a row to make final 3, played a pretty decent game overall, lol at Angelina's 2 big moves, sitting out a challenge to provide more rice, and finding an immunity idol clue, failing dismally to find it then begging Nick and Mike for help, and playing it up to the absolute max with the fake idol gambit, zero votes was a worthy result. My ideal final 3 would have been Christian, Nick and Davie, but never a realistic chance of happening.

Last edited:
Very predictable Nick was winning the final 3. Mike is rich and Angelina is Angelina.

The finales have become my least favourite episodes. We don't need Probst hanging out with the dorky crowd. Cutting between the serious game and people smiling live. Takes me right out of it. Save all that stuff for the reunion.

There’s been heaps better seasons this and more characters.

These last 6 are boring as batshit. No wonder 6 get cut down to 1 in the final episode.

Season was A+ until at least John was voted. Slided to a B- by the end. Will be forgotten in 2 years.

Yep, the reasons I found her irritating would be irritating from a guy as well.

Lots of people saying top 5 which i think is a bit of recency bias, but a definite shout for top 10 season IMO.

Recency bias?

HBf5bYtv1ngzeuZ-pWy90_GO59o=.gif

Very predictable Nick was winning the final 3. Mike is rich and Angelina is Angelina.

The finales have become my least favourite episodes. We don't need Probst hanging out with the dorky crowd. Cutting between the serious game and people smiling live. Takes me right out of it. Save all that stuff for the reunion.

Season was A+ until at least John was voted. Slided to a B- by the end. Will be forgotten in 2 years.

The reunions seem a lot shorter than they used to be, I recall them dragging on for almost an hour. This one felt like 15 minutes or so.

Only a handful of them actually speak, I was expecting a few questions about Dan/Kara at some point.

Only a handful of them actually speak, I was expecting a few questions about Dan/Kara at some point.
That would have been awkward considering Kara and Alec were a thing after the season filmed, and was also the reason Alec wasn't at the reunion (he broke his NDA by posting a photo of the two of them on instagram with the caption "F*** it" before the season aired)

That would have been awkward considering Kara and Alec were a thing after the season filmed, and was also the reason Alec wasn't at the reunion (he broke his NDA by posting a photo of the two of them on instagram with the caption "F*** it" before the season aired)

Well there you go, genuinely didn’t know either of that. The reunion came and went so quickly I didn’t even realise Alec wasn’t there.

Angelina surviving episode 8 was the sliding doors moment. Season would've been better if John stayed and she went as then other alpha types (for want of a better term) wouldn't have followed quite so quickly. There 3 or 4 people who went after him that were pretty interesting and not cackhanded like Angelina.

Well there you go, genuinely didn’t know either of that. The reunion came and went so quickly I didn’t even realise Alec wasn’t there.
I only found out about this because people mentioned his absence in the reddit thread for the finale. Apparently Jeremy wasn't there either, although I'm not sure why.

I guess only superfans that regularly visit various Survivor news/rumour blogs/forums/websites would have known about it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only found out about this because people mentioned his absence in the reddit thread for the finale. Apparently Jeremy wasn't there either, although I'm not sure why.

I guess only superfans that regularly visit various Survivor news/rumour blogs/forums/websites would have known about it
Jeremy left ponderosa early and said in exit press that John and Angelina were in a showmance which was untrue. Hence he was uninvited

I did the same when Dominic mentioned it on RHAP. He didn't give a reason either though, just that he did something he shouldn't have.

Seasons go for a long time really and you forget the early boots. I'd completely forgotten about the little Asian woman that was an mma fighter or whatever that quit as well.

The lovable competitor reportedly posted a photo of himself and fellow castmate, Kara Kay, to his Instagram page with the caption, “F*** it.” Since the cast for the new season hadn’t been announced yet, this violated the NDA the contestants signed when they agreed to film the show, which said they could not follow each other on social media or post photos together, according to TMZ.

After the scandal, Alec deleted the photo from his Instagram, but the damage was already done. Producers reportedly disinvited him from the reunion show and decided to withhold all his appearance fees. However, since the penalty for violating the NDA was reportedly $5 million…this wasn’t a majorly harsh deal for Alec.

When Alec was voted out of the game, he briefly addressed the controversy in an interview with Entertainment Weekly. “It’s been the main bone of contention for my entire Survivor experience,” he admitted. “The thing is, with social media, I feel things can be misconstrued, but I have nothing but respect for CBS, for Survivor, for Jeff. I went out there and had the experience of a lifetime. My biggest dream was to go out there and be on Survivor, so to go out there and have the experience, that’s what I’m going to hold close to my heart and that’s what I’m going to cherish.”

https://hollywoodlife.com/2018/12/19/where-is-alec-survivor-david-vs-goliath-reunion-finale/

Why's that?

Probably because he/she doesn’t exist.

No, because I can stand it when people want to thank God for their faith in him and yet at the same time, someone who probably really needs a break in their life and is just as religious gets trampled on.

Did you not see when he was looking for a sign in the fire from God in the previous episode? Please ffs.

Probably because he/she doesn’t exist.

No, because I can stand it when people want to thank God for their faith in him and yet at the same time, someone who probably really needs a break in their life and is just as religious gets trampled on.

Did you not see when he was looking for a sign in the fire from God in the previous episode? Please ffs.

Probst always talks about this being the greatest social experiment on TV and that's because we see it all whether we think its valid or not, just like in real life.

I couldn't care less if in S37 someone comes in and looks and their coconut shards in the coconut milk to determine who goes home at Tribal.

Interesting rumour that one contestant apparently brought stuff that should not have been brought to the island and it was found at the cleanup. There was a whole discussion about it on another site.

Here's the original rumour:

Still waiting to see the owning up. :p

I usually don't look at spoilers and rumours, but this had been posted on a general discussion thread. Now I remember why I don't look at spoilers and rumours. :D

I will be looking for a sign in the fire as I burn in the flames of Gehenna. :devil:;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back