Survivor: Dragon Island

Remove this Banner Ad

There had to be more than JWS....spill the beans.
I’m intrigued by what he means by “after we got separated”...

By my reckoning he was never in a tribe with JWS that you weren’t also in. Care to explain U2tigers ?

There had to be more than JWS....spill the beans.
not from me there wasn't. Only you when we got back in the same tribe.

I was happy to stay under the radar, and used gut feel a lot to figure out if me or JWS were in danger.

However JWS was talking with others (tarks) I think.

When we got toward the end, I chatted with Morgs a few times, that helped get the dangerous tarks out.

I’m intrigued by what he means by “after we got separated”...

By my reckoning he was never in a tribe with JWS that you weren’t also in. Care to explain U2tigers ?
Me and EJW had a pact when we started the game, we were in the same tribe. When we megerd as 1 tribe we got back in touch, I was in a 2 man alliance with JWS at that stage, so when EJW came back we had 3.

That was me and him, first two days
Gotcha, I misunderstood.
Me and EJW had a pact when we started the game, we were in the same tribe. When we megerd as 1 tribe we got back in touch, I was in a 2 man alliance with JWS at that stage, so when EJW came back we had 3.
Of course you were, I completely forgot that you were a part of that pink tribe after the merge to two, hence the previous question. :(

Why was I dangerous to you if you thought I was an ally to JWS? And did you tell him about Morgs’ plan to eliminate me before it occurred?

My only regret was that it got Morgs voted off.
This one doesn’t impact how I’m going to vote at all, I’m just genuinely curious.

Before we had the false start, we had agreed to work together. Your resolve to do so seemed to dwindle almost immediately after a stronghold alliance of six approached you. How in the gun was I at that point?

Gotcha, I misunderstood.

Of course you were, I completely forgot that you were a part of that pink tribe after the merge to two, hence the previous question. :(

Why was I dangerous to you if you thought I was an ally to JWS? And did you tell him about Morgs’ plan to eliminate me before it occurred?
You would have got the Jury's votes as you played well, and ran things I think.

I told JWS that we needed to vote you out before it got to far to the end as you would win, He didn't seem to wrapped doing that, so I decided to vote you without his help and apologise to him later.

This one doesn’t impact how I’m going to vote at all, I’m just genuinely curious.

Before we had the false start, we had agreed to work together. Your resolve to do so seemed to dwindle almost immediately after a stronghold alliance of six approached you. How in the gun was I at that point?

You were only in the gun a tribal before you got voted off. Both Morgs and I caught you searching for the idol so thought you were too dangerous.

I feel like Tarks is interviewing himself. :p

Anyway I'll start with the easiest one first:

JoshWoodenSpoon why the **** should I vote for you?

1. I did it in all facets. Outplay. Outwit. Outlast.
2. I worked closely with U2, Tarks, Gymbo, YotR, Chappy (after pretending to work with OES) and EJW [+ extras]. Managed this without getting offside with any of them.
Congratulations you have won Survivor
4. I didn't call every alliance PM Alliance like all you idiots.
5. Clutch af winning the last two immunity challenges even some soccer thing.
6. Spanked noobz.
7. Selectivity in what information I passed on. I was able to establish trust, whilst minimizing the threat of collusion between others.
8. Condor memes.
9. I wisely chose which duds I would not meaningfully participate with.
10. We are friends.
11. Put U2 on my back and got him here. The trust this earnt had me with a spare idol on many occasions, but my social game was too sound to require it.
12. It's just obvious.
CHALLENGE RESULTS
So the most common answer to each question:

1. Who is most likely to win Survivor: Dragon Island? JoshWoodenSpoon

JoshWoodenSpoon , first question is for you. At what point of the game did you most distrust me?
Trusted you the whole way. Likely would have up until this stage, but also was content to shed you in favour of U2 as you were the stronger player over the run.

JoshWoodenSpoon who was your core alliance?
Tarks, Gymbo, YotR early doors.
Then I was a pivot between U2 & EJW, and Tarks & noobz.

JoshWoodenSpoon , when you jump online - how did you outplay U2tigers ?
I had constant control over what he had available to him. For example, when I sensed that something may brew between he and EJW, I proactively crafted an ad hoc alliance between the three of us, despite having no real intention to work with EJW. This worked wonderfully, and permitted me to keep tabs on U2's undertakings whilst keeping great rapport. Contrast this to his approach with yourself and I, about which I believe he had quite stifled information, all of which came through me. This meant that the balance of our partnership was with me right the way along, until the final rounds where it's anyone's shot. Then, I was better at the challenges. I could go on if you'd like.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

U2tigers and Chappyuk

My impression of you two is that you relied on others and coasted the entire game.

Change my mind.
I did until I had to start to play, why be noticed the whole way through. That puts a target on your back.

I will admit it took me a bit to get the idea of the game, but then deliberately didn't make waves.

When I got an idol, I started my gameplay more as I had a back up.

JWS is right in saying he fed me info he wanted, but I knew he was doing it a bit as well, I knew he was probably tighter with Tarks then me, but thats why I blindsided Tarks without him.

I also made the Morgs move happen as well. It worked well as JWS won immunity, and I had the idol.

I played when I needed to, and I controlled the late game.

You were only in the gun a tribal before you got voted off. Both Morgs and I caught you searching for the idol so thought you were too dangerous.
I should’ve been clearer. I meant the first game before BRAB went around with his screenshots :p

But interested that you both saw me looking for idols - that to me means at least three people spotted me :p

U2tigers and Chappyuk

My impression of you two is that you relied on others and coasted the entire game.

Change my mind.

I don't think I coasted but didn't have to do much early as we had the dominant tribe and I wasn't on the radar.

I expected my name to come up but it never did. When it got down to the last 10 I was working with Morgs to get us to the finish . U2 switched at the right time. Was a good move.

So I don't think I coasted but I also didn't give any reason to put my name in the frame.

I feel like Tarks is interviewing himself. :p

Anyway I'll start with the easiest one first:

1. I did it in all facets. Outplay. Outwit. Outlast.
2. I worked closely with U2, Tarks, Gymbo, YotR, Chappy (after pretending to work with OES) and EJW [+ extras]. Managed this without getting offside with any of them.
4. I didn't call every alliance PM Alliance like all you idiots.
5. Clutch af winning the last two immunity challenges even some soccer thing.
6. Spanked noobz.
7. Selectivity in what information I passed on. I was able to establish trust, whilst minimizing the threat of collusion between others.
8. Condor memes.
9. I wisely chose which duds I would not meaningfully participate with.
10. We are friends.
11. Put U2 on my back and got him here. The trust this earnt had me with a spare idol on many occasions, but my social game was too sound to require it.
12. It's just obvious.

Trusted you the whole way. Likely would have up until this stage, but also was content to shed you in favour of U2 as you were the stronger player over the run.

Tarks, Gymbo, YotR early doors.
Then I was a pivot between U2 & EJW, and Tarks & noobz.

I had constant control over what he had available to him. For example, when I sensed that something may brew between he and EJW, I proactively crafted an ad hoc alliance between the three of us, despite having no real intention to work with EJW. This worked wonderfully, and permitted me to keep tabs on U2's undertakings whilst keeping great rapport. Contrast this to his approach with yourself and I, about which I believe he had quite stifled information, all of which came through me. This meant that the balance of our partnership was with me right the way along, until the final rounds where it's anyone's shot. Then, I was better at the challenges. I could go on if you'd like.
Interesting responses.

How much of the game play and strategy that we had devised was u2 aware of? And can you provide an example of a situation where you proactively pre-empted voting patterns and used them to put yourself in an advantaged position? The eliminations I am probably most interested in hearing your perspective on are the ones that involved SM using his legacy idol, the elimination of Ninja and the elimination in which SM wasted his remaining idol?

SM, how many PM's did you have?

PM with Ninja
PM with the old Orange tribe that didn't get used once we went to singles
PM with you, Quiv, Noobz and Ninja
PM with Quiv
PM with Tarks

I reached out to a few others like U2 to see how they were voting, but those weren't really alliance PMs. In fact the Tarks, Quiv and Ninja PMs weren't really alliance PMs either, just sidechats.

PM with Ninja
PM with the old Orange tribe that didn't get used once we went to singles
PM with you, Quiv, Noobz and Ninja
PM with Quiv
PM with Tarks

I reached out to a few others like U2 to see how they were voting, but those weren't really alliance PMs. In fact the Tarks, Quiv and Ninja PMs weren't really alliance PMs either, just sidechats.
Fair enough, you've got my vote :thumbsu:

Good game guys

U2tigers you said you knew you were instrumental in getting Tarks out. Other than sitting back and waiting for me to approach you what did you do to make it happen?

Good game guys

U2tigers you said you knew you were instrumental in getting Tarks out. Other than sitting back and waiting for me to approach you what did you do to make it happen?
You approached me, but I didn't need you to say his name, I was the 1st to say Tarks was the danger one. At the time you approached me, I was also trying to figure out who JWS would side with, me or Tarks and felt he would have sided with tarks.

So I am glad you approached me. I would have had to approach you soon. But to me you were also a huge threat, due to who I thought jury would vote for, so even though we helped each other for a bit, you were also just behind Tarks as the target.

Edit - If I didn't say Tarks - is that who you were going to say we should vote for? genuinely interested in that.

You approached me, but I didn't need you to say his name, I was the 1st to say Tarks was the danger one. At the time you approached me, I was also trying to figure out who JWS would side with, me or Tarks and felt he would have sided with tarks.

So I am glad you approached me. I would have had to approach you soon. But to me you were also a huge threat, due to who I thought jury would vote for, so even though we helped each other for a bit, you were also just behind Tarks as the target.
Anyone with eyes could have seen he was a threat so you don’t get points for that. I am just trying to decipher what made you instrumental in the move.

Imo, you weren’t instrumental. You were the last person included on the plan and all you did was vote him. Did you orchestrate my vote? Maybe that’s what you should be taking credit for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back