FTA-TV Survivor: Game Changers

Remove this Banner Ad

I enjoyed the twist.

The essence of Survivor is reading people and adapting to rapidly changing situations and that tribal council illustrated that perfectly. In the end, Nuku had the numbers but played tribal horrendously and threw the votes onto the wrong person.

An insight from Malcolm on JT's role in screwing up the vote ...

Then it’s JT running back and forth. I don’t know if he knew about the idol. I don’t think he did, but I don’t know. He runs over there and he doesn’t tell us that he told Brad about us voting for Sierra, just that he was keeping Brad safe. Then about two-thirds of the way through, and we’ve already been through about a dozen of these huddles, his demeanor shifts big time. You didn’t see this in the episode, but JT knew something was wrong, two-thirds of the way through this Tribal Council. He’s sitting there saying, “Guys, we need to change the vote. Guys, we need to change the vote.” And that’s why it stretched a lot longer, because he was trying to convince us to do something. But we’re all sitting there and thinking, “Why? Why, JT? We don’t understand.” And he wouldn’t tell us that he told them exactly who we were voting for. He’s telling us to change the vote, but not telling us why. It’s like a kid who wants to admit half of what he’s done wrong, because it’ll mitigate the punishment later. If he just told us that everything is different… but because he didn’t want to own up to it, he just sat there with his head in his hands, before the vote even started. He knew something was wrong, and that was a big part of what happened.

https://parade.com/557278/joshwigler/survivor-game-changers-malcolm-freberg-exit-interview/

Loved it. Culpepper came out to play this season
I'm liking him more and more. Especially after reading that article someone posted earlier in the thread about his undeserved villain title. The look of supreme confidence on his face when pointing out Sierra for the HII was brilliant!

'Well that was something!' - me right at the end of the ep
'Nah, that some bullshit.' - me 5 mins after the ep

s**t was def exciting, but c'mon man. LET THEM PLAY. Don't just randomly change the rules to build up fake - but yes exciting - drama.

Would understand it more if it was some boring ass season, with all new players. But doing this here was too much.

Still, smart vote in getting out Malcolm. Hard to deny that it wasn't a baller move. JT putting blind trust in someone (Hantz, Culpepper) is amusing.

Pretty sure Sandra's face would turned upside down had her name be read, such was her uncomfortableness.

Is there any way that Probst and the producers would allow that much chatter in a regular tribal council? That's what bothered me about the two-team tribal council, once the immunity idol was in play: it seemed that they blatantly manipulated the TC to give the best possible chance of the idol being played correctly and a blindside exit.

And as someone who's only watching his fourth season of Survivor, I literally know nothing about too many of these characters. They haven't really done an effective job of introducing their back stories, save for a few of them.

Is there any way that Probst and the producers would allow that much chatter in a regular tribal council? That's what bothered me about the two-team tribal council, once the immunity idol was in play: it seemed that they blatantly manipulated the TC to give the best possible chance of the idol being played correctly and a blindside exit.

And as someone who's only watching his fourth season of Survivor, I literally know nothing about too many of these characters. They haven't really done an effective job of introducing their back stories, save for a few of them.

I doubt that he will allow that to happen again.

Out of curiosity, which players do you think they have done a good job with presenting their back stories ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe they could add backstories and recaps into the 40 minute episodes, get rid of challenges and tribal councils. Just a bit of over dramatized issues at camp life and then straight to the vote.

It means it's against site rules for me to talk about where I'm watching it.

Does the YouTube channel have all seasons?

The looks to be the whole of season 1...but it is unwatchable with it being filmed on a Camera with the light from it creating a big white halo in the middle of the screen.

Maybe they could add backstories and recaps into the 40 minute episodes, get rid of challenges and tribal councils. Just a bit of over dramatized issues at camp life and then straight to the vote.

That's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that they don't even look like they're bothering to introduce the characters to the audience in this season, as they would any other time, possibly due to the (obviously mistaken) assumption that everyone already knows them all.

That's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that they don't even look like they're bothering to introduce the characters to the audience in this season, as they would any other time, possibly due to the (obviously mistaken) assumption that everyone already knows them all.

The players history is not necessarily important as people can play in new ways.

I've gone back and rewatched a whole bunch of seasons, if you enjoy Survivor, I suggest you do as well.

I'd watched Heroes and Villains when it was screened, like Game changers, it included all past players, some of whom I'd seen before, but many I hadn't.

I went back and watched all of the seasons that introduced all of those players. So worth it.

They picked such a great night for it. Wigler also uploaded a video where you can actually see peoples faces as they find out.

That's what I was looking for on YouTube lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back