FTA-TV Survivor: Heroes v. Healers v. Hustlers

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben's edit is either Mike Holloway's runaway win edit or David Wright's so obvious it'd make final tribal boring so won't get there edit, and I can't pick which.

It's clearly Devon if it isn't Ben, but I think Devon had a poor episode, so who ******* knows.

Bloody Dom and Colin making me view every episode through this stupid lens.

If anyone hasn't seen it, Ashley's Ponderosa is hilarious.

I legit was about to post it.
"he's useless" about JP is perfect.
The penultimate episode boot tends to get a dull edit, which is a shame as I liked Ashley. I think the females have really stood out this season, and if it wasn't for Chrissie's vagina vendetta we may have seen one of them as the winner.

I legit was about to post it.
"he's useless" about JP is perfect.
The penultimate episode boot tends to get a dull edit, which is a shame as I liked Ashley. I think the females have really stood out this season, and if it wasn't for Chrissie's vagina vendetta we may have seen one of them as the winner.
Has Chrissie targeted any other females? I can't think of any so think you are being harsh. From what I've seen (TV eps only, no extras) Chrissie targeted Ashley because she perceived Ashley as calling Chrissie out for dictating the decision on who she and Devon should take on the reward. Targeting someone who is targeting you is fair game in my view, as was Ashley calling Chrissie out (although smarter play would be talking to Devon and others when Chrissie wasn't around.)

Has Chrissie targeted any other females? I can't think of any so think you are being harsh. From what I've seen (TV eps only, no extras) Chrissie targeted Ashley because she perceived Ashley as calling Chrissie out for dictating the decision on who she and Devon should take on the reward. Targeting someone who is targeting you is fair game in my view, as was Ashley calling Chrissie out (although smarter play would be talking to Devon and others when Chrissie wasn't around.)
Well Chrissie was dictating who got picked, and when someone suggests something to devon he goes with it.

Yeah shes been pretty obvious about not talking to other women about strategy. She had that awkward strategy talk with Roark before her vote out, and Ali and Chrissie were very clear that neither would work with eachother which is why Ali was voted out.

Desi and Jess she also voted out when she was in control and all 4 of these females talked about how she was hard to work with in exit interviews.
Shes been targeting Ashley since the 4 voted out JP, and voted for her at the joe Vote.

I believe its part of her strategy to be at the end as the only female

Well Chrissie was dictating who got picked, and when someone suggests something to devon he goes with it.

Yeah shes been pretty obvious about not talking to other women about strategy. She had that awkward strategy talk with Roark before her vote out, and Ali and Chrissie were very clear that neither would work with eachother which is why Ali was voted out.

Desi and Jess she also voted out when she was in control and all 4 of these females talked about how she was hard to work with in exit interviews.
Shes been targeting Ashley since the 4 voted out JP, and voted for her at the joe Vote.

I believe its part of her strategy to be at the end as the only female
Gave you a like as your points make sense, I'm just not totally convinced as some were logical moves eg targeting healers and it's not like she targeted Ashley or Lauren as early as she could have or at the expense of her alliances. Chrissie does work in an industry where there's probably more males than females so maybe she is more comfortable with them. For a strategic person it's not going to help her if she has / does alienate the 3 females on the jury.

The moment Devon didn't pick Ashley to go on reward that alliance was over. The way Ben has been playing the game has been very entertaining to watch but I don't think he can keep getting that lucky. Ben really needs to win immunity on the next show. I think Ryan & Chrissie should switch to Mike now, as I think Devon would win the show if he makes the top 3. Get rid of Ben & Devon, then the final three will be an even playing field.

I think Ryan & Chrissie should switch to Mike now, as I think Devon would win the show if he makes the top 3. Get rid of Ben & Devon, then the final three will be an even playing field.
And it would be one of the worst final 3 in recent times if it happens as they have all been pawns in the game.

Was a few episodes behind so did some binge watching last night. Boy, that Ben working as a double agent was a brilliant move. In the process it moved Devon up the ladder as it was his suggestion.

The last two episodes have shown what a boss Ben has been. On the ropes, and needs to produce a blue collar Mike Holloway performance to get through to the final 3. If he does, then he will clean sweep the jury votes (with the only exception being Chrissy who will hold a personal grudge if she somehow made it there).

Lauren and Ashley were the schemers of their own downfall. When talking strategy, do it when your subject is far away, not standing 5m away listening.

If Ben doesn’t make it, then Devon should win. The rest don’t deserve it at all.

And it would be one of the worst final 3 in recent times if it happens as they have all been pawns in the game.
Which is why (if I was one of them) I'd want to get rid of Ben & Devon who would beat me in the final three because of how well they played. At least against the other pawns it's an even playing field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished watching.....mixed views

Not sure I like the twist at the end.

Ben kept hanging in there and soon as he made the final 3, he was going to enough votes

only watched to the final "twist". What a joke of a season. so many twists all stupid. If it wasn't rigged i will go he and i dont even know who won. i just know who is going to win.
I think i am done with American Survivor unless they just do a normal season no twists or idols or anything

I liked the twist with the fire making challenge for #3 on FTC

I hated the open FTC where everyone could just jump in an say their 2c.

I'll strongly disagree with you for the second week running ;)

Fire making challenge was rubbish. Second chance draw for the producers to get their desired winner IMO. Winner gets a * for mine.

Final tribal was sensational. All three played their best hand and there were some great questions from the jury and a lot came from the jury jumping in at will. When Mike jumped in and asked Ryan what he learned, bam, that was a brutal question.

I was never a fan of Ben. Never. But even when he went against my fave, Devon, in the fire challenge, I was team Ben.

Fair winner. Not the most popular, but the most deserving. Well done.

Totally rigged. Set up the "twist" to give Ben another chance to stay in. What a surprise. A Marine vet with PTSD wins. God bless America. Bullshit.

I've always enjoyed when they go to fire to decide the final spot, so to make it an ongoing thing is a plus for me. Once it isn't a twist, players will be able to strategise around it and not have it seen like a hail mary, 2nd chance for a producers fave

Much prefer this style of FTC. The single question per jury member is too rigid and i like it being an open discussion

Hmmm... anything look incorrect about Chrissie's answer?

v7vby0.jpg

I thought this series - especially today - was s**t, for a number of reasons.

- Ben was just an arrogant douchebag. He played that idol today like it was the greatest strategic play in Survivor history. It wasn't - it was pure luck, and it's luck impacted by a particular outcome that producers have an interest in. I don't doubt that it meant a lot to him, nor that he worked hard to find them. But those idols are planted by staff, and he located it - with help from the camera crews lighting (which I doubt people are attentive to) - by chance. It wasn't by skill, thus it didn't justify his douchebaggery.

- I also don't doubt or question the experience that he had as a marine. But whether it's Survivor, or whether it's any other walk of life - exploiting your difficulties, and exploiting your personal troubles and mental health issues makes you a ******* sell out.

- I hated the fire challenge. I remember reading somewhere in this thread that this was known publicly at some point during the airing of the series. But I don't know if it was known before the game started, so it stinks of them fudging the game on the run to get an outcome that they wanted. This is furthered by the sheer idiocy/"disingenuousness" of planting an idol for the final 5, with idols having already been played, I think, at least 5 times during this series. Decide on a number of idols and stick to it - don't keep planting them as they're played for the sake of a manufactured "twist."

The more I watch Survivor, the more aware I become of how much the production crew impact the outcome of this game, and the more aware I become of what we don't see. I no longer see the outcome of a series of Survivor as being a genuine one that is decided only by the players.

I've been watching this show for 17 years, and I'm not going to say that I'm over the show and I'm done watching it. But I'm getting pretty close.

By the way, the reunion has gotten progressively worse over recent series. And even after they've gotten worse and worse, today's reunion dove off a cliff compared to last season. It was truly awful, and the way it was put together only solidified my view that Ben's win was, if not a pre-determined outcome, heavily influenced by production.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back