• U (I'm a millennial)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You (I'm Gen X)

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • U(I'm Gen X)

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I only got to see the finale today & was just reading the last 5 pages of this thread waiting for someone to state & suggest this. Surely Hannah breaks out the argument that it was her who convinced Ken, after Chris (who likely had no idea) suggested it was Adam. I would have even used the lawyer angle if I was her: "You're reaching a conclusion with no proof... No wonder you've never been on a jury before". LOL. It's hard to think she would have remained silent on this (considering she couldn't shutup before it), so I reckon it's at least a 50-50 chance that it was edited out.

The other thing unmentioned thus far is how Adam cleverly left the fact about his mum until as late as possible in the Tribal Council. He even foreshadowed it in answering the 1st question, saying something like "more will be said later". While it would still have had a strong effect if he mentioned it early in TC, Ken & Hannah may have adjusted their methods a little. But saying it late gave them no chance.

Hannah making that rebuttal would have minimal impact, with Ken sitting next to her saying that he made his own decision.

And another returning player season (some for the 100th time).
Couldn't they find room for Boston Rob again? And where is Dreamz? He changed the game with his car reward gambit. I don't think there's been a car reward since.

Oh * no. If he or his wife ever come back I'll be skipping that season. Overexposed and would get all the screentime.

Dont think going to jail for tax evasion should be any reason not to let him play. Its all about the ratings anyway and he will bring in viewers so they will have him back at some stage for an All Stars season
I'd love to see him come back and win again, just because the Tax office would be watching him so hard.

- A handful of players screwed over by twists, including the pair that never even made a tribe Palau and Michelle Yi from Fiji.

We were robbed of Wanda in Palau - her Survivor song would be great TV, over and over again until someone goes postal!

"We're on Survivor, we're all Survivors..."

Yeah Philippines had Skupin, Russell Swan and Penner return, but it was only those three.
A dedicated season to hard luck stories (that haven't appeared in any other season apart from their own) could feature:
- At least 7 players evacuated out of the game. Although a couple of old blokes who went out with plumbing problems and Kourtney who broke her wrist not following Jeffs instructions probably wouldn't return.
- 3 players who drew rocks. Although I think Pascal from Marquesas is 71 and I think he's stated before he wouldn't return.
- 5 players who lost a fire making tiebreaker.
- A handful of players who were screwed by tribe shuffles.
- A handful of players screwed over by twists, including the pair that never even made a tribe Palau and Michelle Yi from Fiji.
- A handful of players who were idoled out.

Make the season twist free and gimmick free and let the players have at it. :thumbsu:
It sounds good in theory, but then do you really want to see someone like Katie Collins back just because she drew a rock, or Dana from Phillippines? It sucks for these people that Survivor ain't fair, but I don't want to see crap players get the chance to play again just because it seems like he right thing to do.

I mean from the three in Phillippines. Russ Swan was a dud, Skupin was *redacted* and Penner was great, but that's 100% due to him being Penner and 0% due to his previous medevac.

It sounds good in theory, but then do you really want to see someone like Katie Collins back just because she drew a rock, or Dana from Phillippines? It sucks for these people that Survivor ain't fair, but I don't want to see crap players get the chance to play again just because it seems like he right thing to do.

I mean from the three in Phillippines. Russ Swan was a dud, Skupin was *redacted* and Penner was great, but that's 100% due to him being Penner and 0% due to his previous medevac.
I know it will never happen, but I'd be interested to see how they approach the game after their misfortune in their season, plus it's surely got to be better than the 35th return of Ozzy.

That's true of being careful for what you wish for. I was dying for Skupin to be allowed to play again following Season 2, only to be underwhelmed when he did return and further disenchanted for what came after that.

I'm torn on Ozzy. He's one of my all time favourites because I love a challenge beast, but he's also had his chances. If he was ever going to win it had to be his first or second try. These days challenge beasts get nothing, doubt he'll even make the merge.

Rob and Stephen have just launched The Genius Know It Alls audiobook. This is the greatest Xmas present I could ever have imagined.

If you haven't watched The Genius, links are all here.

I can't recommend this show enough, as people in this thread have probably noticed, I love Survivor but this is the only show I love more.

Rob and Stephen have just launched The Genius Know It Alls audiobook. This is the greatest Xmas present I could ever have imagined.

If you haven't watched The Genius, links are all here.

I can't recommend this show enough, as people in this thread have probably noticed, I love Survivor but this is the only show I love more.
I listened to the audiobook today so will definitely be watching The Genius now.

Thanks for the links :thumbsu:

To any of our resident Survivor experts here, Why are there no longer any eating challenges, you know, insects, animal guts, that horrible Durian fruit etc etc ?
They're still around, but rarer as they film multiple seasons in the same place now. Since the challenge was based on "local delicacies", and most seasons these days aren't location based but theme based, they don't really fit. They did have one not long ago though, maybe 2 or 3 seasons ago.

They're still around, but rarer as they film multiple seasons in the same place now. Since the challenge was based on "local delicacies", and most seasons these days aren't location based but theme based, they don't really fit. They did have one not long ago though, maybe 2 or 3 seasons ago.

Can't remember if they did one in Australia or not.

But if they ever return, they need to go with vegemite, pie floaters and Melbourne Bitter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back