• U (I'm a millennial)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You (I'm Gen X)

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • U(I'm Gen X)

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy Zeke's gone. Since many weeks ago trueblue_91 spilled the beans about Zeke - and Michaela - being in the already filmed next season I knew he wasn't going to win. It also means Sunday won't be able to float to the second last episode which would've really pissed me off.

Happy as they were to have guessed right, using Adam's immunity idol was a waste. Zeke was out 5-4.

Wide open game. Everybody except hack Sunday could win it.

The debate in this House was why these contestants series after series bawl like they do at the Family Reunion.

Adam was voted as being the one who had something to cry about.

We though we would be happy...but messes...yeh nar.

31 days with no contact and surrounded by strangers who are your opponents is a long time.

Id be bawling my eyes out just at the thought of a food reward if I'd eaten nothing but rice for 31 days so I dont have a problem with them all crying with their loved ones.

Not sure they needed to spend half an hour showing it though.

Zeke had to go, so good move by Will. I thought ken really acted like a dick this week, and I think it's because Jay didn't pick him to spend time with his brother, yet he picked Will and his mum. I remember seeing Ken pointing to himself while jay was selecting. So I think that crap he pulled with Will was payback, in a childish way. Will is right about Ken, he's an arrogant douche. I do think Will had a point about how they were treating him, but he may pay for it in the next show. So glad Adam got to spend time with his brother, having had my own mum die of lung cancer a year ago, I know exactly how he is feeling. So it was good of jay to let him have that time so he could find out what's going on at home.

I wonder just how strategic it was with Adam giving Jay his reward and whether he will use it against him in future episodes.

The debate in this House was why these contestants series after series bawl like they do at the Family Reunion.

Adam was voted as being the one who had something to cry about.

We though we would be happy...but messes...yeh nar.

The other factor is that they're probably doing stuff all for 70% of the day. It's not as if they can reach for the X-Box or Netflix to pass the time of day, so they begin thinking of their family, which exaggerates the emotions involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from wasting his Idol.
Nah, right move to make I think.

Better to guarantee your allies stay together than hope an 18 year old kid is on your side.

I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong, but Sunday is soooo boring & irrelevant that they didn't show 1 second of her with her husband back at camp!

Then again, apart from the update on Adam's mother, there really wasn't as much footage of the family interactions as usual.

She's easily the worst character this season and her longevity is pissing me off. Cast because she's the token white mum.

Should they do a future series of "Token White Mums vs Token Female African-American Agitators"... Maybe throw in a "Token Male Eye-Candy" group into the mix as well.

Sunday is god botherer too (read her CBS profile) but thankfully they seem to have left all that s**t on the cutting room floor.

Then again, apart from the update on Adam's mother, there really wasn't as much footage of the family interactions as usual.
That's a good thing. I get that these visits are emotional for the contestants, but after 33 seasons they don't really offer a lot for us. Show us a quick run through of the reunions (this is why family visits are better when there's about 6 or so people), then a bit of the reward and * them off.

That's a good thing. I get that these visits are emotional for the contestants, but after 33 seasons they don't really offer a lot for us. Show us a quick run through of the reunions (this is why family visits are better when there's about 6 or so people), then a bit of the reward and **** them off.

Agreed. I just fast forward through them now.

I get why it is significant to the contestants, but I don't get so emotionally invested in the contestants as to care enough to sit through them crying and hugging a loved one as they talk about how much they miss home (unless there are extenuating circumstances like in Adam's case)

Bloody Ken, what was the point of that? Gives you the inside info on the vote and you go and blow it up in his face. Crazy dumb move. Like Lee and Sam levels of dumb.

Adam smashed that ep though.

Bad play from Ken but also not that smart by Will either. Will had passed the "test" and then when they are almost back at camp he basically says "oh by the way Ken they are going to vote you tonight" and that lit a fire under his arse. Yes that could prove that Will was on his side but people always get flighty when you tell them they are on the block, and it wasn't as if Will was trying to pull Ken away from the Zeke group that were going to vote for him, the 4-4 plus Will line was drawn and Will just coughed up too much information that wasn't needed at that point.

I wonder just how strategic it was with Adam giving Jay his reward and whether he will use it against him in future episodes.

I don't think he will use it against Jay per se, maybe getting rid of the poison chalice of the reward steal was a part strategic as you can't really use it without pissing people off, he can look like the good guy and Jay may be stupid enough to make a noose for himself with it (but I doubt it).

Though the logic of picking Adam because he didn't use the steal to dog you is laughable. I can't believe that worked for Adam.

Adam: Look Jay I could strangle your sister to death, but I won't buddy

Jay: Adam, I have to pick you because you could have strangled my sister to death and didn't, you're such a great guy

:drunk:

Nah, right move to make I think.

Better to guarantee your allies stay together than hope an 18 year old kid is on your side.

If Will hadn't flipped it would only have meant 4 v 4 again next Ep after Adam played the idol for Hannah.

In a season with two big alliances it wouldn't have been the greatest play. He would have probably been better off keeping, particularly as I don't think anyone knew he had it?, and if it ended up 5 v 3 with Hannah going try to read the wind on which of the 3 was in danger and if it was himself play the idol, get to 5 v 2 and that's where the cracks in the 5 would happen with the other alliance looking to use the 2 to get to the end.

As it is you sort of have Zeke pulling together pairs of Brett/Sunday and Jay/Will (until Will's flip), then on the other side David/Ken and Adam/Hannah. So in this sort of game where the pairs are going to create fluid alliances, particularly with Zeke's elimination breaking everyone on that side free, it does make sense to play the idol for your partner in Hannah just in case Will doesn't flip.

If Will hadn't flipped it would only have meant 4 v 4 again next Ep after Adam played the idol for Hannah.

In a season with two big alliances it wouldn't have been the greatest play. He would have probably been better off keeping, particularly as I don't think anyone knew he had it?, and if it ended up 5 v 3 with Hannah going try to read the wind on which of the 3 was in danger and if it was himself play the idol, get to 5 v 2 and that's where the cracks in the 5 would happen with the other alliance looking to use the 2 to get to the end.

As it is you sort of have Zeke pulling together pairs of Brett/Sunday and Jay/Will (until Will's flip), then on the other side David/Ken and Adam/Hannah. So in this sort of game where the pairs are going to create fluid alliances, particularly with Zeke's elimination breaking everyone on that side free, it does make sense to play the idol for your partner in Hannah just in case Will doesn't flip.
If Will didn't flip, and Adam didn't play it then you have 5v3. They'd go after David first, then probably Ken to make it 5v1 against Adam.

I can't see the 3 being able to sway anyone. If Will had been willing to go against Ken then, he wouldn't flip after. Zeke, Sunday and Brett are tight. Could you get Jay? Maybe. But I don't think it's likely.

If it gets down to him on his own, he buys himself one more tribal.

But here, 4v4, people just saw Jessica get rocked out. Probably don't want that to happen again and it may have been easier to flip someone.

Not that it matters because Will did flip in the end.

Back