FTA-TV Survivor: Samoa (season 19) *SPOILERS*

Remove this Banner Ad

This season has picked up big time in the last two episodes. Unbelievable play from Russell, I was on the edge of my seat, hoping it would come off. But it's going to be unbelievably tough for him from here. But this season still needs him

I'm hating Laura now. That evil look on her face at Tribal council... I was hoping that Monica would go instead of Kelly, don't like her much at all either. I hope Russell pulls something off again and get's rid of Laura or failing that, Monica.

We don't hear a lot about the men in the Galu tribe. Brett, John and Dave have got so little Airtime this season, I wouldn't be shocked if most of the audience have no idea who they are.

Wow! Russell is an absolute freak of nature! Even if he gets voted off next episode he well and truly deserves his spot in the All-Stars season. Has there ever been a survivor who despite being in an outnumbered alliance, is still seen as such a dangerous wildcard that the other alliance must keep constant watch on him, to ensure he doesn't fool them again? We've got Dave chasing him through the forest next week to try and stop him finding a third idol! Remarkable performance by him.

The only mistake he made was being cocky for 3 seconds in the immunity challenge and giving Laura an opening. Don't let your guard down for one second Russ! I want you to win this thing. I like smart, aggressive players, and I like underdogs even more.

I'm glad the Galu tribe has some thinking to do, as this game is awful when a 6 member alliance has no competition. Russell has made it very interesting. I can't wait for the next episode.

That is exactly why Survivor is the best and will always be the best reality show.

What an amaizing Council. Couldn't get Queen Bee so cut at her heart by getting rid of her closest ally. Awesome. The looks were golden when Kelly's name came out eventually.

Shambo I'd say will cross surely and then it's 5/5 at next tribal no matter what, so if an idol is found that's the balance of power in the offing.

Russell has to go down as one of the top 2 or 3 players ever in the game. 19 seasons in and he has done something no one else has. :thumbsu:

Anybody who likes the show enough to seek out new episodes online probably already knows about this, but after each episode Jeff Probst blogs about it for Entertainment Weekly. He's done it for the last few seasons now, and I always enjoy reading his insights after each episode.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2009/11/13/jeff-probst-blogs-survivor-samoa-episode-9/

Nobody has ever done what he is doing. So smart and so obvious when you think about it. Of course the idol has to be somewhere that is somewhat easy to find, because we want it to found. If we hid it in the middle of nowhere people wouldn’t find it even with 20 clues. We just have never had anybody take the initiative to start looking without the clue.
http://popwatch.ew.com/2009/11/13/jeff-probst-blogs-survivor-samoa-episode-9/

Samoa had a few good episodes pre-merge but was mostly a bit slow. Post-merge has been totally epic so far. Can't believe Russell keeps finding the idol. He's easily already one of the best players ever. I can't wait until the next episode. Will he find another one?

I've been reading Jeff's blog every week since he started doing it in Gabon. Great insight into the series.

I really like the fact Jeff still seems to enjoy being part of the show and watching how it all unfolds. I would have thought he is just cashing in by now, could not imagine the show without him!

Post Merge has picked up big time. Pre Merge was a bit of a snoozefest tbh, especially compared to the excellent seasons that preceded it.

If Russell was really crafty, after they go following him , he should create a fake idol and put it in an easy to find location, get them in a complacent mood. Hopefully, he will find the real idol, and then once again, there will be major ownage at tribal.

Post Merge has picked up big time. Pre Merge was a bit of a snoozefest tbh, especially compared to the excellent seasons that preceded it.

If Russell was really crafty, after they go following him , he should create a fake idol and put it in an easy to find location, get them in a complacent mood. Hopefully, he will find the real idol, and then once again, there will be major ownage at tribal.

haha i love the fake idol idea, but from the previews for next ep it looks as though russ wont even be able to go for a slash without dave chasing through the island after him

Another fantastic episode. Tribal council was just scintillating. This season has been awesome since the merge.

John was brave, and survives another day, but it is almost impossible for him to win now.

Yeah, another cracker of an episode. And the turnaround is complete. I'm so happy John broke the tie and voted with Foa Foa to get rid of Laura.

Russell worked some more magic and Galu just stuffed up. What was John supposed to do after being used as the sacrificial lamb in the plan? It told him that he was on the bottom of the Galu heap and so a switch to Foa Foa made sense, at least for this week.

Well done to Russell for finding his THIRD idol. A phenomenal achievement. Even with Dave and Laura marking his every move, he still manages to run them ragged, lose them, and find the idol. This guy is easily one of the greatest players ever. I can't wait to see what he does for the rest of this season and and then on Heroes vs Villains.

Well the Russell and Shambo vs Laura rivalry certainly spiced up this season, and it'll be interesting to see what happens next. Can Galu fight back or does Foa Foa have control? Looking forward to next week already.

Galu have completely imploded in the last few episodes. I loved John's private "You're an idiot!" responses to their respective plans. How funny was it to see Dave and Monica come up with a fairly run-of-the-mill vote splitting tactic that they clearly thought was the most brilliant dangerous move in survivor history. Naturally Russell saw through it in 5 seconds. The good thing about their plan was that it was so basic, it couldn't really do them any harm to try it. That is of course, unless they go ahead and try it without running it by the sacrificial lamb in John, thus completely alienating him, and making him feel like switching.

The producers clearly do not want tied votes. Picking a coloured rock to determine your fate is a horrible way to go. I don't think I'd be that keen to risk going home, even after receiving no votes. It sure would have made great viewing though. Meanwhile, I'm not so sure Dave is the genius that Jeff Probst made him out to be in the cast intro videos. All he's done the last few episodes is look stunned at tribal council, and run away from an immunity idol that he was standing on, in order to -unsuccessfully- tail Russell.

Natalie has proven herself to be anything but the "dumbass girl" Russell pegged her as early on. She was the one who was able to initiate the Erik boot, and she was fantastic in that reward challenge.

EDIT: The CBS website is calling for applicants for seasons 21 and 22. There may still be life in this old dog.

Haha this show is never going to end. I love it. That was a great episode, a great season. The ratings are excellent, slotting in 2nd for the last few weeks in the USA.

Part of the reason why the pre merge episodes were not so great was Russell, they pushed him and his tribe pretty much every episode and since they lost everything the other tribe just got no air time. Tonight was the first time I actually think I know who everyone is.

Mad props to Russell though, when he was looking around the wall for the idol and said he was nervous he decided to run off his tails and went back because he just knew it had to be round there.

Got some bad news...

Next week is a 'recap' episode. Urrgh.

No real need for those recap episodes nowdays ,especially considering that they can just put the video's on the internet, like they are currently doing to give a better experience.

Not sure whether I will watch it or not if the clips aren't posted on youtube. Might actually get to know a few of the castaways a bit better ( Brett who?, John only really came into play this episode, Dave Ball, Mick). If the preview clips are for next weeks behind the scenes footage, it looks like we may get to see more of Russell's 'pure evil' side that was emphasised so before the series begun.

It's a pity this had to happen now, this season has had a lazarus like recovery the last three weeks from the slums of mediocrity that episodes 2-7 were stuck in.

For pure 'ownage' factor, this week wasn't quite as awesomely brilliant as Russell's immunity idol play, but it was fascinating all the same.

Galu in the **** now, but we have seen Foa Foa fight as the underdog, can they turn the tables now they find themselves in the seemingly worse position?

Going to be fun for Monica now, being the last one standing in the Galu Female 'posse', as Russell and Shambo put it so. I hope she goes next, I really don't like her at all. I think that Dave Ball may be the one to go though if Foa Foa have it their way. John as seemingly switched ship now, and Brett, well we haven't seen enough of him on the show to go out next week! Surely he will get more airtime before he leaves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Foa Foa!!! :thumbsu:

Damn recap next week just when it's starting to get awesome. Was it just me or were the boys plotting to get rid of Russell in the next episode?

That was the impression the producers want us to have indeed.

A recap might not be so bad, like the one last season that was about tribe life and there was a lot about Coach showing he was quite funny and everyone actually like him where I always thought he was a complete tool from what they showed during the eps.

How the hell does Dave lose Russell.....

they have freaking camera crews following their every move

embarrassment to humankind he is :/

hilarious though when he tries to act as a playa when discussing Natalie with John...

“No, no, no. I’ll burn her right now, I do not care… bro.”

Caught up on the last 5 episodes over the weekend... epic!

The pre merge episodes were fairly ho-hum, but in seasons where one tribe completely dominates the other this is the norm. Even during those episodes Russell played a near perfect game to ensure he made the merge. I think he would have played more pranks (like the water emptying and sock burning in first episode) but with the tribe getting absolutely spanked in each challenge he had to restrain to save himself.

Post merge has been just about as good as Survivor gets. It still amazes me how quickly dominating tribes implode once the merge happens, but all credit to Russell and Natalie for instigating the moves that sunk the Galau ship.

Firstly finding the idols without a clue was incredible, but I honestly think his best move was to single out John and get him to flip after the tied vote. Genius. The plan was subtle, execution perfect, and made Galau look like fools... again!

When Russell played the idol to save himself I literally punched the air... the missus said my reaction was very similar to Erik's in the jury seats. How embarrassment.

Fantastic play, and the "I ain't done playin' yet" line was brilliant. I think the last time I was that immersed in a tribal council vote was when Yau-man saved himself in Fiji.

Next episode promo had Russell back to playing pranks (ie letting the chicken out) and seemed to indicate Russell having a target on him again. I think he'll run amok, but seriously doubt Foa-Foa will vote out Russell with the numbers advantage being so small.

Also noticed that in order to get down to a final three one episode will need to have a double elimination... or maybe they are planning on a final 4 with 8 jury members.

For this season to maintain it's strength of recent weeks, Russell must stay, because tbh, the rest of the people have as much charisma as a pile of bricks.

It would be hard to see why Foa would blindside him though. Is it elementary to do stupid things in this game when the numbers on your side?

I doubt Jaison, Nat and Mick will turn on Russell until the very end. He has pretty much kept them alive since the merge. They have followed him and he hasnt let them down.

Like you guys I reckon this series has definately lifted a peg and some of these trible councils will go down as the best ever.

I reckon Russell is hard the "Super Villian" they have portrayed him to be. In fact I reckon he is probably the smartest man ever to play the game

Russell is amazing. Some say its all rigged but I honestly believe he is just that damn good at the game of Survivor. Hes playing the game so well and I hope he goes all the way.

Been reading the Survivor: Tocantins (Channel 9) thread, and loved something that one of the posters said tonight:

That idol is a waste of time and I cant think in 1 season where its helped a person out. It just makes you a target.

How funny will that statement seem in hindsight once they've seen Russell in Samoa lol (besides the fact that Sugar, Amanda, Yau-Man and Yul have all utilised the idol effectively in past seasons). Russell has shown everyone how it should be done.

True. But then again, they're also forgetting the Fans vs Favourites season. Or was that just a lot of blindsides? I'm sure there was some idol work going on there.

True. But then again, they're also forgetting the Fans vs Favourites season. Or was that just a lot of blindsides? I'm sure there was some idol work going on there.

Fans vs Favourites was mainly a lesson in how to not use the idol. Ozzy and Jason both got blindsided with an idol in their pocket (Ozzy also made a fake idol which Jason found and gave to Eliza). It took Amanda to show them how to use one effectively. And then next tribal Erik proceeded to give up the immunity necklace lol. One of the best seasons, and it wouldn't have been the same without the idols.

Fans vs Favourites was mainly a lesson in how to not use the idol. Ozzy and Jason both got blindsided with an idol in their pocket (Ozzy also made a fake idol which Jason found and gave to Eliza). It took Amanda to show them how to use one effectively. And then next tribal Erik proceeded to give up the immunity necklace lol. One of the best seasons, and it wouldn't have been the same without the idols.

Eliza: "That can't be the idol!"
Jason: "Why not?"
Eliza: " Because it's just a ****ing stick!"
:D

That season was great. Also you had to feel sorry for poor Erik as Amanda, Cirie, Natalie and Parvati worked him all day convincing him to give up immunity only to vote him out. Poor young fella never stood a chance against those 4 girls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back