FTA-TV Survivor: Samoa (season 19) *SPOILERS*

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 9, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Jacksonville Jaguars, Aston Villa
I’d be absolutely stoked if Russ could pull the win though. If he can do it, he’ll be heads and shoulders the greatest player ever.

I wholeheartedly agree but just can't see him getting past that first non idol vote. They'll all be gunning for him, just because they fear him and what he can do strategically.

I wholeheartedly agree but just can't see him getting past that first non idol vote. They'll all be gunning for him, just because they fear him and what he can do strategically.

towards the end though , the thinking nearly always switches to: "who can i beat in the final 2 popularity contest?" - much like Erin in Tocatins. So he is in with a shot even after the idol is void. He has already made enemies on the jury.

Sep 9, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
towards the end though , the thinking nearly always switches to: "who can i beat in the final 2 popularity contest?" - much like Erin in Tocatins. So he is in with a shot even after the idol is void. He has already made enemies on the jury.

but I'd think everyone wants to go with Shambo. She is the easy beat this year in a jury vote. They all know it too.

outofthegloom

Senior List
Jun 11, 2009
London
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal
Now I've never ever watched Survivor, so I don't know if it is usually rigged... but I was just channel surfing and noticed the game was clearly rigged.

When they were playing Bocce on the beach the guy was going for the final shot. He had to get it next to the stick to win. Anyway, they showed a wide shot where he threw it and you could see it bounce on the sand well clear of the other balls. Next shot, they did a close up of the ball landing on top of another purple ball and knocking it next to the flag. Then they panned back out, and you could see a ball next to the stick. Then the 2 guys were pointing at the ball and there was no ball next to the stick! Had the PVR going, so was able to rewind it and watch it again in slowmo, but it was so obviously rigged.

Is this normal for Survivor? I guess it just adds to the drama, but then it leads me to wonder who actually wins the chickens...??

Zarrix

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
This the spoiler thread, not the Ch.9 thread, but I don't think that will worry you too much :D

I will have to dig that episode out to see this for myself.

Sep 9, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Now I've never ever watched Survivor, so I don't know if it is usually rigged... but I was just channel surfing and noticed the game was clearly rigged.

When they were playing Bocce on the beach the guy was going for the final shot. He had to get it next to the stick to win. Anyway, they showed a wide shot where he threw it and you could see it bounce on the sand well clear of the other balls. Next shot, they did a close up of the ball landing on top of another purple ball and knocking it next to the flag. Then they panned back out, and you could see a ball next to the stick. Then the 2 guys were pointing at the ball and there was no ball next to the stick! Had the PVR going, so was able to rewind it and watch it again in slowmo, but it was so obviously rigged.

Is this normal for Survivor? I guess it just adds to the drama, but then it leads me to wonder who actually wins the chickens...??

I would be stunned if they didn't edit all the shows shots for the greatest dramatic effect. Not the outcomes but the splicing together of footage.

Zarrix

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
I would be stunned if they didn't edit all the shows shots for the greatest dramatic effect. Not the outcomes but the splicing together of footage.

Of course they do.

The conversations post immunity challenge are nearly always carefully chosen to make it seem like the votes are still up in the air when in fact, they are a foregone conclusion. That is just one example.

but I'd think everyone wants to go with Shambo. She is the easy beat this year in a jury vote. They all know it too.
Probably. But I'd say she is way too dopey to make it anywhere near the final two.

Russell still has the immunity and he can use it up until the final 3. He is still a pretty big chance I reckon.

A lot depends on the tall black guy and the southern blondie( sorry forgotten their names). If they stay loyal Russell is in good shape

Rohan25

Premiership Player
Sep 30, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
New York Knicks
I'm about to head out, so I will have more thoughts on this episode tomorrow, but I just had to comment on 2 things first.

1, Shambo may be psychic after all. 58 coconuts! Unbelievable.

2, Natalie did not suddenly turn into a "prayer warrior" just to impress Brett, she must have been sprouting that stuff all season, and that explains why Laura took to her fairly well. Personally I'm happy they haven't included too much of that in their editing. It's fine if you're into that, but it's not really my thing. I think Russell's debauchery makes for far better TV than Brett and Natalie holding hands and quoting Ephesians.

The Doctor 23

All Australian
Oct 1, 2008
WA
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bangladesh Cricket, Atlanta Hawks
a great season could turn into an ordinary season if brett(brent, brad? whats his name, i dunno coz he aint done nothing all season) keeps winning these immunity challenges and gets all the cheap galu votes. the guy hasn't played the game at all and has just been on the end of a couple of immunity challenge wins now.

loved russell keeping the idol for a souvenier, and judging by the jury im guessing erik predicted he would do exactly that, as everyone turned to him when it was said.

can't wait to see how shambo is greeted at ponderosa by all the galu members. and can't wait for the season finale monday morning, can't see russell not getting to the final 2 or 3 as he has natalie brainwashed, i think it will be a final 3 of russell, natalie & jaison. hopefully the jury vote on merit and not vendetta's they may have against russ.

GO RUSS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IbbosBFF

Club Legend
Nov 3, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Kings
can't wait to see how shambo is greeted at ponderosa by all the galu members. and can't wait for the season finale monday morning, can't see russell not getting to the final 2 or 3 as he has natalie brainwashed, i think it will be a final 3 of russell, natalie & jaison. hopefully the jury vote on merit and not vendetta's they may have against russ.

GO RUSS

They are up. I hated Lauren already and now ill add Kelly to that list.... Such bitches, just want to slap them FFS

Erik sits down and talks to her. But other than that, they all are shunning her.

Rohan25

Premiership Player
Sep 30, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
New York Knicks
They are up. I hated Lauren already and now ill add Kelly to that list.... Such bitches, just want to slap them FFS

Erik sits down and talks to her. But other than that, they all are shunning her.

Yeah Shambo walked in there greeting everyone warmly and attempted to bury the hatchet with Laura by paying her a nice compliment right off the bat.

Kelly and Laura chose to sit away from the group and snipe amongst themselves. Total bitches. It was actually them that voted against Erik, not Shambo.

It sort of reminded me of when Marcus, Charlie, Corinne and Randy snubbed Crystal when she got voted off, giving her silent treatment for several days. The weak mindless sheep Charlie didn't even know Crystal, he was just following the others.

Jan 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Great season so far, Go Russ, love his work, best player ever.

Looks like it will be a final 3 and not a final 2, this will make any jurory votes very interesting.

Im guessing as this was the final opportunity for Russ to play the idol it will either be a final 3 (my guess) or there will be a double tribal council.

Wont be happy if Brett wins, freakin nancy boy makes me sick with his niceness.

IbbosBFF

Club Legend
Nov 3, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Kings
Great season so far, Go Russ, love his work, best player ever.

Looks like it will be a final 3 and not a final 2, this will make any jurory votes very interesting.

Im guessing as this was the final opportunity for Russ to play the idol it will either be a final 3 (my guess) or there will be a double tribal council.

Wont be happy if Brett wins, freakin nancy boy makes me sick with his niceness.

Day 36 was the final opportunity he could use it. Were u not listening the whole episode :D

MelkshamWOW

Cancelled
Nov 27, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Well I just finished watching the finale, and I'm about halfway through the reunion show, but I'll put my brief thoughts in spoilers in case anyway walks unsuspectingly into this thread.

***SPOILERS***
Honestly, I was really disappointed at the jury vote. I was absolutely stoked when Brett dropped his statuette, sealing his exit from the game, as that ensured that things would remain interesting when it got to the jury. I also could have hacked it if Russell had made a meal of his speech to the jury, and either Natalie or Mick had won it off a stunning final performance to win votes.

But Russell KILLED the jury! He took complete ownership of all his moves, and exposed fully his role as the dominator of this season of Survivor. Mick droned on about his supposedly 'moral' conduct, while Natalie just said how this was the hardest thing she had ever done. I thought he somewhat screwed up by walking the jury through exactly how he had made them all look like fools and betrayed them (which pretty much amounted to taunting them), but nothing can change the fact that Russell deserved the million. All the bullshit that Kelly spewed about his outside personality not matching the way he acted in Survivor was ridiculous IMHO.

Anyway, I haven't been an avid viewer of Survivor virtually since the first couple of seasons, and I spose I'm disappointed that the jury system punishes people for playing the game. I know some may argue Natalie played the superior social game, but Russell merely tried to inject some life and drama into what was otherwise a dull-ish group of people.

***SPOILERS***

Either way, I thoroughly enjoyed watching the season, and will definately tune in for Heroes versus Villains in February. Now back to watching the reunion!

NeRFaHoLIc

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
Yeah my thoughts:

So cut with the jury. Russell deserved to win, pure and simple. No buts about it, Natalie did nothing. For once I didn't want the last hot chick to win, but she actually did nothing.

I hate Russell on Day 1 but grew to like him after about Day 5, every decision he made was perfect, he did control his tribe, and every decision he made during the merge was genius.

I hope he's in Heroes vs. Villains because he made this season very enjoyable, without him I think it woulda been fair boring.

matty p

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
A few points from the finale:

- Yes, Russell is on Heroes vs Villains

- This will go down as the worst jury decision ever, beating out Amber winning All-Stars against Boston Rob.

- Russell was quite possibly the greatest player I've ever seen in all 19 seasons of the show. I'm glad he won the Fan Favourite award ahead of Shambo and Brett.

- Natalie will NOT go down as the worst winner ever though, it was just that she went up against one of the most deserving players in history, so her win will be viewed negatively. Natalie actually played quite a good game. She at least had a clear strategy and consistently showed that she knew what she was doing to get to the end. Her move to get rid of Erik at the merge was critical to Foa Foa beating Galu, and her social game was good.

- The immunity streak of Brett and the quest of Foa Foa to stop him winning certainly spiced up the first hour of the finale.

- In my opinion, Survivor: Samoa will go down as one of the top 10 seasons of Survivor, thanks to its amazing post-merge story and the dominance of Russell. If Russell had won, I would've thought about putting it close to my top 5, but as it stands I'd probably have it at around number 9.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back