FTA-TV Survivor: Samoa (season 19) *SPOILERS*

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe it was Eric's speech at the end that changed the vote. Everyone seemed to be grilling Natalie and looked like she had no chance. Was a bit disappointing in the end but it would have been worse if Brett won the final immunity challenge.

- Natalie will NOT go down as the worst winner ever though, it was just that she went up against one of the most deserving players in history, so her win will be viewed negatively. Natalie actually played quite a good game. She at least had a clear strategy and consistently showed that she knew what she was doing to get to the end. Her move to get rid of Erik at the merge was critical to Foa Foa beating Galu, and her social game was good.

Reflecting now after finishing the reunion show, I agree. Natalie's game was good. She:

-identified Russell as the man to stick with, as opposed to the relatively passive Foa Foa figures of Jaison and Mick.
-maintained her loyalty to Russell until the end of the game. For several weeks I was wondering, 'when is Natalie going to make a move and try and take Russell out?'. But obviously the smart thing to do was just to stick with him. If he had gotten wind of any plans of hers to do away with him, Natalie would quite probably have been next on the chopping block.
-had an excellent ability to gain people's trust quickly. I really need to go back and rewatch the Erik episode, because Natalie's move to win over the women of Galu was probably the game-changing moment of the season, along with Russell's ability to find idols.

man.... this sucks..... I knew this was going to happen :/

worst survivor moment since Yaoman got stabbed in the back >,>

on a lighter note

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b158711_survivor_shocker_did_russell_really.html

Jaison revealed before complaining: "I think it's one thing to be in control of this game and form alliances, but it's another thing to pour out water and do the things he did. People were passing out all over the place—you didn't see it, but people were unconscious because they weren't getting enough hydration." Mick expressed a slightly different viewpoint about Russell's secret canteen emptying: "Sad thing is, it didn't shock me at all. I was just waiting for him to pee in it next: OK, he poured it out, what's he going to fill it up with?"

Terrible end to a great season.

Looked like it was a blitz too, would have been 7-2 you'd think and one of them was obviously Shambo.

:mad:

Yeah, Shambo and John voted for Russell, the rest voted for Natalie. Just goes to show how bitter Galu were in defeat and reinforces John's statements during the game that most of Galu were "idiots".

Well what an anti-climax. The first 2/3 of the show was epic, but then the jury and the votes... Well I will say I was very disappointed.

I will write more tomorrow, I'm running on very little sleep. Mick and Natalie were terrible at the jury, but Russell couldn't land the final blow either. Most uninspiring council I have seen in quite some time. No specific, brutal questions.

Funny that Shambo, riding on emotions on votes the whole game is one of only two that voted logically at the final vote. Rusell's other vote was from John for the record.

Such a pity, it was all set up for one of the great victories. It kind of felt like a footy team dominating the whole season, only to be denied in the final game by a dodgy free kick.

Like most I am disappointed Russell didn't win because of how aggressively he played the game. It seems like Galu just couldn't handle that he owned them.

It always amazes me how much more attractive the contestants are during the season when compared to the reunion.

gutted with Russell not winning. but **** me how was it a landslide to nat. ridiculous.

Still pisses me off that ****wits can go on this show get on the jury and go on about oh you must be like this in real life so I can't give you the money, when in reality they just can't hack getting owned.

Jaison should give up being a lawyer with his little hurt feelings attitude too.

It always amazes me how much more attractive the contestants are during the season when compared to the reunion.

Haha, I always think the same thing. I dunno, maybe it's the dirt or something.:D

I felt for Russell, and was surprised to see his reaction. I had a suspicion he might get angry, but I didn't expect his voice to waver, and to see him get teary.

I wanted Russell to win, but Natalie's game was underrated. She actually did quite well in challenges, in fact, in one post-merge reward challenge she was the absolute clear difference between the teams. She bonded with the Galu girls at the merge, providing a quiet voice that led to Erik's demise, she killed a rat with a stick for food, and most importantly, she allowed Russell the chance to wreak the havoc that he did. If Russell went into the merge with 3 other people, he may not have done as well.

I also didn't like Russell's behaviour at camp at the Final 3. There was no need to belittle his wingmen at that point. I know that he likes to get in peoples heads and all, but at that point, he was probably only steeling Natalie and Micks resolve to make a good speech.

I was a bit surprised by Erik's reaction. I did not expect him to vote for Natalie. He spoke very well, better than any of the finalists in fact, and with great passion and emotion as well. If any jury members were wavering at that point, Erik's monologue may just have tipped a vote or two her way.

Clearly though, Russell underestimated the bitterness of the Galu jury. I think Natalie was a decent enough winner, in that if Russell couldn't win it, I'm glad she did, over say Brett or Mick. But lets face it, Russell dominated this season and deserved the win.

Overall, a very good season, one that I will watch again on 9 over Summer. I can't wait for February, next season should be epic. Until then, I will finish watching Marquesas, I'm up to episode 10. I might give Africa a second viewing as well, or perhaps Amazon.

Do Russell's mannerisms in the reunion provide any indication of how he went in season 20? Haven't really examined it THAT closely.

man.... this sucks..... I knew this was going to happen :/

worst survivor moment since Yaoman got stabbed in the back >,>

on a lighter note

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b158711_survivor_shocker_did_russell_really.html
haha Jaison proved to be a real clown, eh. He was happy to ride the coattails when everything was going well.I bet in his mind he still thinks he is a honourable guy. True hypocrite.

Easily the worst jury decision ever. You could tell Natalie was embarrassed to win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so filthy on this vote!

Russel is perhaps the best survivor of all time, cannot beleive Natalie won. This is robbery. Natalie, did nothing.

*edit - **** me Jaison is a hypocrite flog! Rode Russel all the way and wanted to go to the end with him pretty much sucked him off the whole way and then when he blind sided him he hates Russel? He is a tosser.

Really pathetic decision by the jury. Russell was the only one that deserved to win. He was getting a tad annoying towards the end though and that probably got on the nerves of the jury too. But then again it's not a damn popularity contest.

Also had a feeling he wasn't going to win since he was going to be on next season.

Nat should definitely thank Erik for his speech!

Overall, pretty good season but crappy ending.

The thing about Russell (And I wanted him to win)

Strategic = Big tick
Physical = Big tick
Social = Pretty big cross

Lauren and Kelly are stupid and were never going to get over being owned. You could see that by the way they treated Shambo on Ponderosa

Shambo is Shambo

John got over the game real fast (see Ponderosa) and voted Russell as he did play the best game.

Dave Ball was alright but I reckon Eric swayed him (On Ponderosa and final speech)

Eric explained his vote, fair enough IMO

Jaison was cut, Russell screwed him

Monica had a grudge against Russell as well.

Brett was always going to vote for Nat. The Russell final 3 deal that didn't go through just compounded it.

Oh well, Natalie > Mick

gotta say im quite surprised by the love Russell is getting by people on this board. The bloke was an overconfident arrogant tosser. Sure he played a masterful strategic game, but do you people really admire someone with that aggressive, arrogant, overconfident, negative personality?

Someone a few posts back reckon the jury got it wrong, and that it isnt a popularity contest!! Are you kidding? Thats exactly what it comes down to. Strategy or no strategy, you have to be more likeable than the other 2 people in the final 3 in the eyes of the jury. The hardest part of survivor has always been and always will be getting to the final 3 without as much mud sticking to you as whats on the other 2 people.

Forget outwit, outplay and outlast. Its a social game. Get to the end is the 1st priority. But you have to have friends on the jury. If Russell had have played the perfect game he would have found a way to take Shambo and Jaison to the final 3. I knew taking Natalie to the finals was going to be a big mistake. I made a post on that several pages back in this thread. So he kept Natalie instead of Shambo and Jaison because they had a better chance of beating Brett in the immunity challenge? That just says Russell didnt believe he could beat Brett on his own in an immunity challenge.

Every season, without fail, one survivor goes far into the game and gets overconfident. And every season, without fail, that person NEVER wins the million dollars. Russell couldnt even control his ego in front of the jury at the final tribal council. In his speech, instead of being humble and saying he played a good strategic game, he had to brag about every move he made, and how he controlled them all like puppets. What dumbarse (who is already on the wrong side of people emotionally) starts rubbing peoples faces in the dirt about how they were fooled? Such a stupid move. Probably cost him a couple of votes.

Unlike everyone else in this thread, i was happy to see Natalie win. Russell didnt need the money, and i hate seeing arrogant, overconfident tossers get rewards of any kind. Was karma i say. Seeing him get tears in his eyes during the reunion and look so ungracious about losing to Natalie confirmed for me what sort of character he has. He couldnt genuinely congratulate her or acknowledge that she played a great game.

Well done Nat :thumbsu:

Someone a few posts back reckon the jury got it wrong, and that it isnt a popularity contest!! Are you kidding? Thats exactly what it comes down to. Strategy or no strategy, you have to be more likeable than the other 2 people in the final 3 in the eyes of the jury. The hardest part of survivor has always been and always will be getting to the final 3 without as much mud sticking to you as whats on the other 2 people.

Oops I was meant to say it's a damn popularity contest. Russell was just the victim of a bitter jury who was pissed he outplayed them all.

Do you think he would have won if he took Jaison instead of Nat?

Oops I was meant to say it's a damn popularity contest. Russell was just the victim of a bitter jury who was pissed he outplayed them all.

Do you think he would have won if he took Jaison instead of Nat?

Yes clearly. I thinks it's more a case of Russell blew it with his arrogance at the end rather than Nat won it with a superior game.

Russell blew it when he took the wrong people with him to the final. Shambo should of been taken there along with Jaison. For the jury, it probably would of been a lesser of three evils decision and Russell would of won because of the way he played the game.

Mick not getting any votes didn't help. If he had put in a decent effort, he could of taken a couple of votes from Natalie and things would of got interesting.

Well in hindsight, Brett cost him the million because if he hadn't won the first immunity, I think that Russell would of voted Natalie off.

And I was thinking, how evil did Kelly sound at the final tribal?

apparently the entire boot list has already been leaked from multiple sources.... I'd be careful with googling survivor.

Yeah, it has, and it's from some very reliable sources so be careful.

Season 20 actually finished filming months ago, so to the person who said that Russell would still be mentally shot from that, I think he's had sufficient time to recover.

And no, I don't believe his mannerisms at the finale gave any indication to his performance in Heroes vs Villains.

Seems to have a bit more resilience about him, he could probably stay out there for longer, seemed like he actually enjoyed the game a lot. Unlike someone like Jaison, who was about as psychologically strong as a rabbit in the headlights.

You haven't seen the list matty_p?

Russell blew it when he took the wrong people with him to the final. Shambo should of been taken there along with Jaison. For the jury, it probably would of been a lesser of three evils decision and Russell would of won because of the way he played the game.

Mick not getting any votes didn't help. If he had put in a decent effort, he could of taken a couple of votes from Natalie and things would of got interesting.

Well in hindsight, Brett cost him the million because if he hadn't won the first immunity, I think that Russell would of voted Natalie off.

And I was thinking, how evil did Kelly sound at the final tribal?

Russell never would've voted Natalie off. She was his closest ally, and as she was his number 2 the whole season, he thought there was just no way that the jury would reward her over him, which is fair enough.

If Brett didn't keep winning immunity, Russell would've got rid of Mick before the final 3 and taken Jaison or Shambo to the end with him and Natalie instead, but as it turns out, Natalie probably would've won anyway.

If Brett had won the last immunity, I'm sure it would've been him, Russell and Natalie in the final 3, and everyone who voted Natalie would've probably voted for Brett and Russell would've kept his two votes.

Natalie deserved it more than Brett, so her winning was at least the second best outcome. Unfortunately, the best outcome, Russell winning, was so far ahead of any other options, that it was outrageous when it didn't happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back