FTA-TV Survivor Season 39: Island of the Idols

Remove this Banner Ad

Really hope s40 is more s31 than s34? (Game changers)

Me too, although I’m thinking more like season 20. It’s pretty annoying that they’re having EOE too. Surely no matter how badly they try though they can’t stuff season 40 up. That cast will deliver no matter what.

From my POV S39 is just the foreplay (at best) leading up to the main event which will be S40.
This is what annoys me about when they announced it. They didn't even give S39 a chance to shine. Even if 39 is a very good season, like Blood vs Water or Panama or better, it has this looming shadow over it at the start

Great first episode of the season

I like the twist and it was exactly what I expected it to be. Sandra and Boston Rob being there to coach the players on how to play the game. And give them tips on how to play the game 'old skool'. Elaine will go crazy finding out about Rob, with that Boston cap she's wearing. But saying that, it's still a massive ego boost for Sandra and Rob to be there.

From the Lairo (orange) tribe, because we didn't see enough of the other tribe, bets on Karisma. Got the first interview and consistent screentime during the game. Also she's Gujju.

I think Elizabeth should have told some truth about the Island of the Idols, stating that Sandra and Rob were there, including that there was a challenge. This will blow up in her face soon, I reckon. Could have lied about the result of the challenge if it needs to be.

Also interesting to note that Probst kept Elizabeths "No Vote" secret, and also in the vote count going all the way to 6 votes for Ronnie, when only 5 where needed to vote him out.

More will come to me later....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't looked up anything about this new season yet. I'm going to have to have a look at the Survivors pics and memorize names because all Americans look alike to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back