FTA-TV Survivor Season 39: Island of the Idols

Remove this Banner Ad

Just binged on all the episodes over the weekend.

I can’t understand why week in week out there has to be a blindside at tribal. Got to point where it gets mundane and expected. Just go with the easy vote for once, and use the blindsided later on in the game when you actually have a jury to impress.

Dont mind Rob and Sandra and that aspect of it, but haven’t understood why when the second person from each tribe went and came back, the first one to go didn’t grab them aside and have a chat to them about it knowing full well they might have an idol and try and buddy up.

Noara is a pest, but for someone who talks a lot, she can’t spin a good story. If she was going to go down that track, she should have said straight out that she won a challenge at IoI and the advantage gained was that she had to be the caller on the next immunity challenge where people are blindfolded and led by her. Disagreement by the tribe would result in disqualification. So let’s gets cracking and practice people!

Oh, and I hate all the crying tears at tribal and confessionals trying to play the pity card. Everyone has a story. Why is yours any better?

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Half way through this episode, it dawned on me how much screen time Karishma is receiving. Not just tonight, but in previous episodes too. And I thought there’s no way she’s going home tonight with the amount of time invested into her.

Amazingly, I think she’ll go deep in this game.

Jaymin

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Leeds United FC
Half way through this episode, it dawned on me how much screen time Karishma is receiving. Not just tonight, but in previous episodes too. And I thought there’s no way she’s going home tonight with the amount of time invested into her.

Amazingly, I think she’ll go deep in this game.

Its hard to see Lairo winning the next two immunity challenges so you would think Dean and Karisma are in trouble.

Soawh Tawm ehh, what a complete bust. Barely looked interested in the game, had nothing to say, hopeless in the challenges for a former pro athlete too (sure he’s old but you’d think he could rally the troops and make good decisions under pressure). Seems like a nice guy, though.

We got Elaine tonight talking about how she’s unlucky, then later a preview for next week’s ep about her tribe potentially going to rocks… Teasing something that big, whether it’s a true spoiler or just a red herring, just reeks of desperation.

But all that aside, this episode had everything: Mozzarella sticks, quesadillas, spinach & artichoke dip, boneless wings, brew pub pretzels, omg yes. And also: a house salad, tomato basil soup, chips & salsa, beef neighbourhood nachos, 8 ounce top sirloin steak, double-glazed baby back ribs, double crunch shrimp, hand battered fish & chips, cedar salmon with maple mustard glaze, shrimp wonton stir-fry, mmmm fooooood. But that’s not all. Try a clubhouse grille sandwich, bbq brisket tacos, chicken fajita rollup, whisky bacon burger, a basket of fries, a baked potato, corndogs. And desserts? How about a blue ribbon brownie, a triple chocolate meltdown, hot fudge sundae, southern apple fritter, and don’t forget about the big blue cocktail wid a widdle pwastic shark on top yayyyy. Plus! All! The! Fixins!

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners
Karishma is seriously looking like possibly the biggest goat of all time to go through to the final jury at this rate. How she keeps avoiding getting voted out, and yet all the screen time she gets is making it look like it will be setup for the her to continue to stay in the game.

Noura was huge in the reward challenge, given she was attached to the Stone of Shame
1571965350114.png

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Karishma is seriously looking like possibly the biggest goat of all time to go through to the final jury at this rate. How she keeps avoiding getting voted out, and yet all the screen time she gets is making it look like it will be setup for the her to continue to stay in the game.
I'm hoping she'll be like Lil from PI.
She's already a zero vote finalist, But she's quite volatile and might swap alliegances to whoever doesn't treat her like trash on any given day.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
This would have to be the worst Survivor series I've seen, Noura is the only interesting contestant in this show, the rest of are boring as batshit.

They need to sub in Boston Rob to the actual show to liven things up, he would throw the cat amongst the pigeons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
This would have to be the worst Survivor series I've seen, Noura is the only interesting contestant in this show, the rest of are boring as batshit.

They need to sub in Boston Rob to the actual show to liven things up, he would throw the cat amongst the pigeons.
The season would be better without Rob. He's part of the problem.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Noura was huge in the reward challenge, given she was attached to the Stone of Shame
View attachment 770084

This is scarily true. Thought exactly the same thing as Noura was pulling her along somehow, fair effort that. Credit to her.

Hard to recall a bigger challenge liability than Karishma in recent years. I do feel for her in a way. They can’t even hide her in puzzle duties anymore because even with puzzles, she hasn’t delivered so far.

Noura's ******* annoying.
Rob and Sandra seriously have too much time on their hands. But that shelter looks lit. Yeet.
Had to google what a 'durag' was. Then, I was like "That's what that's called". It's good that both of them addressed this issue though, and that it didn't turn into a season long feud (Chris and Dom)
That immunity challenge hid Karisma's lack of anything well. All she had to do was run with a few balls.
So the Elaine and Elizabeth were going to be thrown under the bus at the tribal council. They had no little what was going on behind their backs. Missy looks so confused, not sure what to do.
Rob said it right, to protect from a possible idol being played, Lairo should be voting elsewhere. But they didn't, though it didn't matter.
Hahaha, he threw Aaron under. I hate the last comments thing. If your name is the last read out, you shouldn't be able to say anything.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Hahaha, he threw Aaron under. I hate the last comments thing. If your name is the last read out, you shouldn't be able to say anything.
Same.

It happened on the last season of Survivor AU and I hated it, and I hate it just as much now. I thought Jason was a dbag, and his actions after being voted out just confirmed that.

Also Lauren bursting into tears like that probably wouldn't have helped keep Aaron onside if he was wavering as that sort of unpredictability and emotionality would be hard to predict

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Now that’s what I’m talking about, finally. High quality episode. Very little Karishma, and a whole lot of drama at tribal.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
It was a good edit this week. But I hope that's all it was - an edit. Cos otherwise it's mind-numbingly stupid of Aaron to string people along to not vote with them. There's no benefit to it.

Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
Don't know why I continue to fall for the obvious editing target, for sure felt Elaine was going tonight with all that good fortune setup.

I do get annoyed when we don't see much of someone like Jason in the lead up to his vote out, but I guess he got a bit more than the rest of his tribe tonight.

What a bunch of sooks, no way in hell I’d want to flip to join them, clearly they’re overly emotional and I wouldn’t trust them at all.
Yeah it would have been a dumb move. However, the problem moving forward for him is that it appears that they really thought he had bought in with the flip, so he's now going to have trouble making allegiances with them in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back