Survivor Series 2011 Tipping Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello all!

Welcome to the trial for the tipping competition that will go ahead in 2012. At the moment this is a just a trial. With feedback following the next two pay per views, we can no doubt change it around to suit something that everyone is happy with.

The matches will of course not be in this order, but for the sake of scoring i've gone with this.

Match #1
5-on-5 Traditional Survivor Series Tag Team Match
(A) Team Orton vs. (B) Team Barrett

Match #2
United States Championship
(A) Dolph Ziggler vs. (B) John Morrison

Match #3
Divas Championship (Lumberjill Match)
(A) Beth Phoenix vs. (B) Eve

Match #4
(A) John Cena & The Rock vs. (B) The Miz & R-Truth

Match #5
World Heavyweight Championship
(A) Mark Henry vs. (B) Big Show

Match #6
WWE Championship
(A) Alberto Del Rio vs. (B) CM Punk

For the sake of an example these are my tips.

We'll use this thread purely for tips only. And any discussion obviously left to the Survivor Series thread.

Feel free to edit for your tips accordingly.

Any tips after Sunday 8pm AEST won't count.

1. B-1-N
2. A-1-Y
3. A-1-Y
4. A-1-N
5. A-9-N
6. B-2-Y

Sorry guys. Format here :embarrassed smiley:

CONTEST FORMAT

MATCH PREDICTIONS:
Each match prediction must include the following things, separated by dashes:
- WHO will win the match (5 points): Wrestlers will be coded by letter (A or B). Put the corresponding letter of the wrestler you think will win, NOT the wrestler's name unless instructed otherwise.
- HOW the match will end (3 points): Choices are number coded:
1=Pinfall
2=Submission
3=DQ
4=Countout
5=Draw/No-Contest
6=Escaping the cage
7=Collecting the prize at the top of the ladder
8=Breaking the table
9=Referee stopage/Injury
If you think the match will end via pinfall, put 1, if a submission, put 2, etc.
- WILL there be any interference (1 point): Enter prediction by typing Y for yes, or N for no. You do NOT receive points for telling me WHO interferes, just whether or not it happens.
- Finally if you get all three parts of the match correct then you will receive an extra bonus point so the maximum available for each match is 10pts.
- 10pts are available for correctly guessing who will win any battle royals that appear on PPVs

Example:
Match #1: WWE Title
The Miz (A) vs. Randy orton (B)
If you think The Miz wins by pinfall with no interference, your answer form will read as follows:

Match #1: A–1–N

And so on, until all matches are coded properly. You don't need to type in the stipulations of the match, just your predictions, as mentioned above. This makes scoring much easier.

May be a good idea to chuck the codes for the pinfalls, submission, and interference etc in the OP somewhere if you could RYZ. Just had to skip back to the other thread a few times then doing my tips.

Match #1
= Orton pins Barrett

Match #2
= Pinfall

Match #3
= DQ

Match #4
= Pinfall (Cena FU's Rock)

Match #5
= Pinfall

Match #6
WWE Championship
= Submission

Match #1
B-1-Y

Match #2
A-1-N

Match #3
A-1-Y

Match #4
A-1-N

Match #5
A-1-Y

Match #6
B-1-Y

Just to clarify, the interference does not have to cause the result in the match, somebody just has to interfere yes?

So, you are correct if say Match 6, RR interferes at some stage, yet Punk gets the win at a later stage?

Gonna go a bit different with my tips.

1. A-1-Y
2. A-1-Y (Only yes if Vickie jumping up and down on the apron/distracting the ref does count as interference, waiting on clarification)
3. A-2-N (if you count lumberjills doing their job as interference then Y for interference, waiting on clarification).
4. A-1-N
5. B-3-N
6. B-2-Y

Really need clarification on what constitutes 'interference' is it only physical? or does distracting the referee/Vickies up on the apron but not actually doing anything bit count. Where do we draw the line? Same with lumberjill/jack matches, If the lumberjacks attack someone its technically not interference, but it can be thought of as interference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bonus point for tipping the survior/s of the Team Orton/Team Barrett match?

A bit late now, my bad, but next year for sure.

The PPV isn't until tomorrow :confused:

When we go forward with an official comp, Think Sunday night is enough time to get them in.

Just to clarify, the interference does not have to cause the result in the match, somebody just has to interfere yes?

So, you are correct if say Match 6, RR interferes at some stage, yet Punk gets the win at a later stage?

Yep. :thumbsu:

Too late, but here's my tips

Match #1
= Orton pins Barrett

* Sheamus will not be eliminated.

Match #2
= Pinfall

Match #3

No idea. Have never watched a Diva's match.

Match #4

Rocky to Rock Bottom Cena after the match

Match #5
= Pinfall

Match #6
WWE Championship
= Submission

Think Punk will make Del Rio tap to the Anaconda Vice (why else has he started using it again?)

Not long to go now until PPV starts.

My question still needs answering cause it just came to pass (well up until she touched a wrestler :p).

Vickie screamed nonsense at Morrison but didnt touch him or anything which led to Dolph getting a cheap shot.

My question still needs answering cause it just came to pass (well up until she touched a wrestler :p).

Vickie screamed nonsense at Morrison but didnt touch him or anything which led to Dolph getting a cheap shot.

I say that constitute's interference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back