Current Suspicious packages delivered to foreign consulates across Melbourne - Major operation underway

shellyg

Community Leader
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thread starter Moderator #1
The Australian Federal Police are investigating after suspicious packages were delivered to international consulates and embassies across Melbourne and Canberra.

At least 13 consulates in Melbourne have been affected, along with currently unnamed embassies and consulates in the ACT, the AFP has confirmed.

“The packages are being examined by attending emergency services. The circumstances are being investigated,” the official statement reads.

Workers are reportedly being evacuated across town, among the embassies impacted believed to include the American, British, Indian, Italian, New Zealand, Korean, Egyptian, Pakistani, Greek, Spanish, Japanese, Thai and German consulates after hazardous materials were discovered just before 2pm.

On the Emergency Victoria website, there have been more than 13 “Hazardous Material” alerts listed since 2pm.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/emergency-services-respond-to-suspicious-packages-at-consulates

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2...red-to-us-and-british-consulates-in-melbourne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sprockets

Club Legend
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Looks like someone's gone to a bit of trouble. Not sure the Kiwis should be in there, they're 'greener' than us and don't cause us any harm. That could also be what they want us to think...

Better to have Kiwis in Melbourne than the riff raff from interstate. :D

shellyg

Community Leader
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thread starter Moderator #3
Looks like someone's gone to a bit of trouble. Not sure the Kiwis should be in there, they're 'greener' than us and don't cause us any harm. That could also be what they want us to think...

Better to have Kiwis in Melbourne than the riff raff from interstate. :D
More than twenty packages now in both Melbourne and Canberra. Lot of trouble, this could be a dry run to test the response.

GreyCrow

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Redskins , White Sox
More than twenty packages now in both Melbourne and Canberra. Lot of trouble, this could be a dry run to test the response.
I am more concerned over the political implications behind this. There have been rumblings on the Politics board over something like this happening to take the focus from the poor polling currently.

So I hope its real and yet I dont.

Melsy

Club Legend
AFL Club
Essendon
Can you reiterate what this means ?

That the person who sent the asbestos had this in their mindset. My hypothesis is he is of disturbed mind and only he knows in his mind why he conjured the act of sending asbestos to foreign consulates. Not unless he has mesothelioma?
The fact that Asbestos Julie is Foreign Affairs Minister and her nickname given by political commentators may have been the derivative of his actions.

Its an odd substance to send in the mail to foreign consulates. The fact that he targeted foreign consulates and Asbestos Julie is Foreign Minister lead me to believe maybe he had some delusion that it would bring some desired outcome.

What has been the outcome yet? It certainly made the media.

Has he been subject to psychological assessment?

We need more information about his background.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
GWS
That the person who sent the asbestos had this in their mindset. My hypothesis is he is of disturbed mind and only he knows in his mind why he conjured the act of sending asbestos to foreign consulates. Not unless he has mesothelioma?
The fact that Asbestos Julie is Foreign Affairs Minister and her nickname given by political commentators may have been the derivative of his actions.

Its an odd substance to send in the mail to foreign consulates. The fact that he targeted foreign consulates and Asbestos Julie is Foreign Minister lead me to believe maybe he had some delusion that it would bring some desired outcome.

What has been the outcome yet? It certainly made the media.

Has he been subject to psychological assessment?

We need more information about his background.
Why is she known as that I really wanna know .

Top Bottom