Swan Hill and District Cricket Association Returns

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great to hear that me old mate and founding father of the "Under the Hat Club" Ryan Hinton is going well down in Melbourne. Fresh from a ton a couple of weeks ago he has baked it up wit 164 not out with the innings to continue next weekend. Hopefully he can keep on truckin and knock up a double ton!!

Great to hear that me old mate and founding father of the "Under the Hat Club" Ryan Hinton is going well down in Melbourne. Fresh from a ton a couple of weeks ago he has baked it up wit 164 not out with the innings to continue next weekend. Hopefully he can keep on truckin and knock up a double ton!!

Who is he playing for in Melbourne?

Anyone heard if Bendigo Country Week is going ahead this year??
And, if so will Swan Hill be hosting a division again??

I believe that Country Week will be going ahead. 21st of Jan i think the first day is. I also think that it is all down here. Grounds are pretty good thanks to the recycled water project

What divvy are you blokes in this year???

I believe that Country Week will be going ahead. 21st of Jan i think the first day is. I also think that it is all down here. Grounds are pretty good thanks to the recycled water project

What divvy are you blokes in this year???
Back upto Divvy 2 this year..
Just need to get selected now, i'm sure my duck @ Castlemaine on sunday will help though :)

Been a while between drinks for this forum, has its usefulness expired or are we all just been busy over the new year??

A couple of points of interest:

1) Is Herbie Warne a freak, another ton on Saturday to go with his fine 95 in Bendigo.. Any other year would be bolting in for the runs title, and still has a chance to catch Ritchie before the years out..

2) Whats with winning the toss and bowling? First Woora vs RSL and this week StMary's sends in Swan Hill and both get belted all around the park..

Been a while between drinks for this forum, has its usefulness expired or are we all just been busy over the new year??

A couple of points of interest:

1) Is Herbie Warne a freak, another ton on Saturday to go with his fine 95 in Bendigo.. Any other year would be bolting in for the runs title, and still has a chance to catch Ritchie before the years out..

2) Whats with winning the toss and bowling? First Woora vs RSL and this week StMary's sends in Swan Hill and both get belted all around the park..

Yes Herbie is a great bat, has had a couple of lean years but really playing well this year, also a great bloke.

Always win the toss and bat.

A couple of questions, who is going to make up the final four, obviously Swan Hill & Nyah are there but the last two spots look open.

My predictions
Nyah
Swan Hill
Tooleybuc
Nully-Culgoa

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes Herbie is a great bat, has had a couple of lean years but really playing well this year, also a great bloke.

A couple of questions, who is going to make up the final four, obviously Swan Hill & Nyah are there but the last two spots look open.

My predictions
Nyah
Swan Hill
Tooleybuc
Nully-Culgoa
Yes very close battle in the middle of the ladder..
If RSL had of scraped over the line against Tooley and UTUFCC didn't lose to saints when they were the only game finished in Rd prior to Xmas, all teams from 3rd to 8th would have been equal on 30 points..
As it is RSL have probably just dropped of the pace now and 5 teams are still fighting for 2 spots, with Tooley and Saints just in front at the moment!!
If Nully can knock of the top two in consecutive games, they will thouroughly deserve thier spot in the 4 and will be very dangerous in a semi!!

Anyone got any thoughts on the team of the year for 2007/08??

I've had a quick look and will have a go at this 12:

1. R Boulton
2. C Warne
3. D Morpeth
4. J Mensforth
5. T Brown
6. C McNab
7. N Munro
8. K Groat
9. D Bruton
10. T Vagg
11. M Boulton
12. B Singh

Will be interesting to see how the board goes with it this year, but these guys have had good seasons along with a few others..

My predictions
Nyah
Swan Hill
Tooleybuc
Nully-Culgoa

OOOOOHHHHHH Daryl so close on the positions there my good friend!!!!! Just Nully and Tooleybuc changed round and you woulda been laughing!!! No one would have expected 2 c Nully Culgoa finished 3rd and I bet a hell of a lot that no one would have backed Tooleybuc to knock off the Saints in the last round chasin such a massive score. But on a lighter note the best thing is 2 c the Saints out!!!!!! But she's all settled now and well done to all teams that made it!!!!

Anyone got any thoughts on the team of the year for 2007/08??

I've had a quick look and will have a go at this 12:

1. R Boulton
2. C Warne
3. D Morpeth
4. J Mensforth
5. T Brown
6. C McNab
7. N Munro
8. K Groat
9. D Bruton
10. T Vagg
11. M Boulton
12. B Singh

Will be interesting to see how the board goes with it this year, but these guys have had good seasons along with a few others..

Leigh McNab instead of his brother i would say could slip into that team without hesitation. Billy Hewitt's name has been thrown around the papers the last half of the season so he again could easily be in! Dunno bout ol Bobby Singh tho Sockit?? Ya've mentioned 2 spinners who i've seen do jakall this season!!! Would also have Kane Griffiths in the team well ahead of Duane Bruton, think your Nyah Biasty has shon there mate. And Munro is an ambitious selection, could think of of a few better bat's round than him!!! Eg Caldwell Boys, Spuddy Ingram, Glenn Smith etc . Brandon Dixon another who would push for the team but the the team you have lined up is not a baddy ol mate!!! Couldnt slot yaself in tho????

Leigh McNab instead of his brother i would say could slip into that team without hesitation. Billy Hewitt's name has been thrown around the papers the last half of the season so he again could easily be in! Dunno bout ol Bobby Singh tho Sockit?? Ya've mentioned 2 spinners who i've seen do jakall this season!!! Would also have Kane Griffiths in the team well ahead of Duane Bruton, think your Nyah Biasty has shon there mate. And Munro is an ambitious selection, could think of of a few better bat's round than him!!! Eg Caldwell Boys, Spuddy Ingram, Glenn Smith etc . Brandon Dixon another who would push for the team but the the team you have lined up is not a baddy ol mate!!! Couldnt slot yaself in tho????
Good to see a bit of input Nackas.. You have mentioned a few good players there, but i have tried to pick a team based on performances this season, i agree that some of these are not the most talented players around but the players who have had the best seasons!!

I will defend a few of my chioces then (keeping in mind that plenty of others are good choices as you say)
- Bobby Singh. Might be a pie chucker:) but is very high on the wickets list this year and will be a good chance of making the side..
- Kane Griffiths has absolutely no chance of getting in before Bruton, who will go very close to winning association bowling trophy and would have at least 10 more wickets than Griffiths this year..
- Munro might be an ambitious selection, but there was a few players around the 300 run mark for the year (I'm not 1 of them- so that answers your last Q) and i thought his 20 odd wickets might get him into the side?
- As for the McNab boys? i picked this before Lee's 100 on Saturday, but Craig has made heaps of runs and cant see him missing out this year, maybe they will both get in now, might even take Munners spot?

Good to see a bit of input Nackas.. You have mentioned a few good players there, but i have tried to pick a team based on performances this season, i agree that some of these are not the most talented players around but the players who have had the best seasons!!

I will defend a few of my chioces then (keeping in mind that plenty of others are good choices as you say)
- Bobby Singh. Might be a pie chucker:) but is very high on the wickets list this year and will be a good chance of making the side..
- Kane Griffiths has absolutely no chance of getting in before Bruton, who will go very close to winning association bowling trophy and would have at least 10 more wickets than Griffiths this year..
- Munro might be an ambitious selection, but there was a few players around the 300 run mark for the year (I'm not 1 of them- so that answers your last Q) and i thought his 20 odd wickets might get him into the side?
- As for the McNab boys? i picked this before Lee's 100 on Saturday, but Craig has made heaps of runs and cant see him missing out this year, maybe they will both get in now, might even take Munners spot?

All very valid points u make there sockit, but on a more topical note what are your finals predictions? Keys to the teams etc etc... Who made it in the B & C grade? Has anyone had a party to celebrate St Marys not making it???

Yes very close battle in the middle of the ladder..
If RSL had of scraped over the line against Tooley and UTUFCC didn't lose to saints when they were the only game finished in Rd prior to Xmas, all teams from 3rd to 8th would have been equal on 30 points..
As it is RSL have probably just dropped of the pace now and 5 teams are still fighting for 2 spots, with Tooley and Saints just in front at the moment!!
If Nully can knock of the top two in consecutive games, they will thouroughly deserve thier spot in the 4 and will be very dangerous in a semi!!

Right on the money there Sockit, congrats to the nully culgoa boys on making it thru to the big one. Good to see Yella amongst the runs with a ton & also big Dasha gettin a score as well.

Correct me if i am wrong, but I hear they have come from on or near the bottom half way through the season, not a bad turn around. Good luck in the big one boys :thumbsu:

Right on the money there Sockit, congrats to the nully culgoa boys on making it thru to the big one. Good to see Yella amongst the runs with a ton & also big Dasha gettin a score as well.

Correct me if i am wrong, but I hear they have come from on or near the bottom half way through the season, not a bad turn around. Good luck in the big one boys :thumbsu:

Fantastic effort from Yella and Dasha on the weekend, although dasha had bout 1000 chances he kept his cool under pressure to steer the boys over the line. Especially well done to Yella on the first ton! To get 3 wickets and make a century, phenominal. At 3/22 Swan Hill surely would have thort the fat lady was warming up the vocals???

Yeh Nully Culgoa forfeited a game this year and were on the bottom of the ladder after christmas. Have always had the players and is about time can put it all together.

l_df8bed878d7cc7f1b50cb10cf92bf602.jpg

YOU LITTLE BEEEEAAAAUUUUUTTTTTYYYYYY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back