Swan Hill and District Cricket Association Returns

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got up mate!!!!!!! Was one sweet sweet victory! Celebrated well into the early hours of this morning!!!!!!!!
Well done to Nully Culgoa, were the form side after Xmas and were far too good in extreme conditions on the weekend.. A well deserved victory!!

I only have one question, do you have to look so happy about it :(

Ok time for a few new posts so that photo will dissapear to the next page :)

What's news around the district for the upcoming cricket season??

NDCC will kick of training tonight and each thursday going forward.
All past, present and prospective players are welcome to attend..
All welcome including juniors who won't start wednsday training for a few weeks yet.

The Nullawil Culgoa Cricket Club will be holding thier Annual General Meeting tomorrow night, Friday August 29 commencing 7pm at the Keniera Hotel (Culgoa Pub)

All past, present and prospective players/supporters are more than welcome to put thier 2 bobs worth in as we're looking towards another successful 2008/09 season

Well cricket is upon us again... pretty quiet on here, so i thought id try and spark things up....
Great to see Balranald in, only a good thing for the comp..
How are other clubs going with recruiting??
We have been quiet, lost Crowy to UTUFCC but gained Tyrone Jones (if StM clear him!!), tanner for a full season
Swan Hill- lost a few but gain hatch
StM- apparently lost a few, havent herad much about them
UTUFCC - get coloe for a full season but dont think abbott is playing..
Nully - not too sure, is billy returning and how is yellas knee??
Nyah - will always be Nyah with the boultons and Kent, Bruton a yr older, Jack Paynter, could be hard to beat
Tool - Unsure, think they have a strong batting line up but bowling could be relied on by the younger boys. good chance for them..
RSL - Have heard nothing as yet. Will budda return??

other ppls thoughts...

Well cricket is upon us again... pretty quiet on here, so i thought id try and spark things up....
Great to see Balranald in, only a good thing for the comp..
How are other clubs going with recruiting??
We have been quiet, lost Crowy to UTUFCC but gained Tyrone Jones (if StM clear him!!), tanner for a full season
Swan Hill- lost a few but gain hatch
StM- apparently lost a few, havent herad much about them
UTUFCC - get coloe for a full season but dont think abbott is playing..
Nully - not too sure, is billy returning and how is yellas knee??
Nyah - will always be Nyah with the boultons and Kent, Bruton a yr older, Jack Paynter, could be hard to beat
Tool - Unsure, think they have a strong batting line up but bowling could be relied on by the younger boys. good chance for them..
RSL - Have heard nothing as yet. Will budda return??

other ppls thoughts...

Thoughts, well the league has to put the foot down with this B Grade system and make it compolsury for clubs to fill an A grade before B. Its a joke competition has more teams than the A! It is supposed to be a professional league and at the moment its far from it. The teams who have been up for so long in the B grade e.g. Manang should be forced to field the A grade side, its ridiculous!

Thoughts, well the league has to put the foot down with this B Grade system and make it compolsury for clubs to fill an A grade before B. Its a joke competition has more teams than the A! It is supposed to be a professional league and at the moment its far from it. The teams who have been up for so long in the B grade e.g. Manang should be forced to field the A grade side, its ridiculous![/quote]

I was of the belief that Tooleybuc and Manangatang had a merger of sorts that see's the Agrade side named Tooleybuc and the B grade Manang but players can go up and down grades???

Thoughts, well the league has to put the foot down with this B Grade system and make it compolsury for clubs to fill an A grade before B. Its a joke competition has more teams than the A! It is supposed to be a professional league and at the moment its far from it. The teams who have been up for so long in the B grade e.g. Manang should be forced to field the A grade side, its ridiculous![/quote]

I was of the belief that Tooleybuc and Manangatang had a merger of sorts that see's the Agrade side named Tooleybuc and the B grade Manang but players can go up and down grades???

That has been true in the past couple of years Roota. But the "marriage" has officially ended and Manang are going solo again, not that they ever shared any of their players with Tooley's A grade anyway so they are probably better seperating..

As for making every team fill an A grade team first i can't see this as helping the standard of the A grade competiton? Would we be better or worse of if Mystic, Boga, SLW, Balranald, Manang etc all had A teams. i doubt it.. I would prefer to see a relegation system of some sort as the best way to improve the situation with possibly a maximum of 10 teams in the top grade (although 8 does work well at present).

They are difficult issues and many past boards have tried to improve these areas, manang and boga have probably been the worst offenders & should have probably stepped up to A grade at various stages in the past 5 or so years.. If you have a promotion system where a B grade team that wins the flag is forced to step up would help get most ppl happy and if they fininsh bottom in A they get dropped back again!!

Could go on all day and still not solve all the problems, any more ideas on how it should be??

That has been true in the past couple of years Roota. But the "marriage" has officially ended and Manang are going solo again, not that they ever shared any of their players with Tooley's A grade anyway so they are probably better seperating..

As for making every team fill an A grade team first i can't see this as helping the standard of the A grade competiton? Would we be better or worse of if Mystic, Boga, SLW, Balranald, Manang etc all had A teams. i doubt it.. I would prefer to see a relegation system of some sort as the best way to improve the situation with possibly a maximum of 10 teams in the top grade (although 8 does work well at present).

They are difficult issues and many past boards have tried to improve these areas, manang and boga have probably been the worst offenders & should have probably stepped up to A grade at various stages in the past 5 or so years.. If you have a promotion system where a B grade team that wins the flag is forced to step up would help get most ppl happy and if they fininsh bottom in A they get dropped back again!!

Could go on all day and still not solve all the problems, any more ideas on how it should be??

Oh righto, i am obviously out of the loop down here. The Barnes lads are Manang products who have played for the Bucs but can't think of too many others

Would faces of in round 1 this weekend? Will be in town so hopefully get to have a look around the grounds

You do make good points there Sockit, cant find anything wrong with your thought process. Sea Lake Woomelang are a combined team, with townships bigger than the likes of Nullawil/Culgoa? I think its piss poor that town towns combined can only field a B and C grade? I just don't agree with the concept of having 8 teams in the A grade and 13 in the B?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not sure dooda will have ta fill u in

Not sure how long since Balranald had their own cricket side but about 10 years back now i suppose they had their own league just for the surrounding areas...Kyalite, Homebush etc... nowhere near as professional as this league. Be interesting to see how we go... Might be a few lean years to begin with but as support grows so will the club. You just have to look at your Kane Griffiths's, Tom Lister's and Jordy Griffiths's that Balranald can produce some quality players.

I see where ure coming from mate, but Balranald would not be able to field an A Grade side just yet...just would not be competitive at all. Agree with the rest though...

I see where ure coming from mate, but Balranald would not be able to field an A Grade side just yet...just would not be competitive at all. Agree with the rest though...
Totally agree mate, that was my point..
The original poster wanted EVERY club to have its first team in A grade but i don't think this is the best option at all..
Good luck to Balranald for the year, hopefully you enjoy the year and can build up a good side in the coming years that will be able to have a crack at A grade.

Totally agree mate, that was my point..
The original poster wanted EVERY club to have its first team in A grade but i don't think this is the best option at all..
Good luck to Balranald for the year, hopefully you enjoy the year and can build up a good side in the coming years that will be able to have a crack at A grade.

The big thing for clubs such as Manang, Sea Lake and those outlying clubs is harvest. Being from Lalbert i have an very good understanding of how tough it is to field sides, let alone competitive sides during the harvest period. This is the exact reason why Lalbert never stepped up in to A grade while i was playing there

Sockit, I agree that something needs to be done but not sure a relegation/promotion system would work given that there are a number of teams with A&B grades currently. If Nyah's B grade side were to win the B grade and be promoted to A grade the next year, how do you think your club would go? Should your suggestion be relevant to clubs with B grade only? But would that make clubs not aim to win flags?? Difficult situation. Mystic has aims of playing A grade and good on them, if only all other clubs were like that...

I've heard a whisper that Balranald will be very strong in the B grade and it wont be long until they are in the A grade comp.

Sockit, I agree that something needs to be done but not sure a relegation/promotion system would work given that there are a number of teams with A&B grades currently. If Nyah's B grade side were to win the B grade and be promoted to A grade the next year, how do you think your club would go? Should your suggestion be relevant to clubs with B grade only? But would that make clubs not aim to win flags?? Difficult situation. Mystic has aims of playing A grade and good on them, if only all other clubs were like that...

I've heard a whisper that Balranald will be very strong in the B grade and it wont be long until they are in the A grade comp.
Spot on Hammer. Obviously some commonsense would have to be applied and clubs with 3 sides couldn't be moved around.

Anyone going to tell me who is playing who tomorrow???
Off the top of the head Benaud i'll try to remember the games.

Swan Hill host NDCC
Woorinen v Nully/C
UTUFCC v Tooleybuc
RSL v StMarys

Should take a few weeks to see where all the clubs are at, and with Manang races this week who knows who might get the points? I'll pick Nyah, Woora, TUF & St Marys but ??

4 from 4 for Sockit on the tips :)
Good to see you Saturday Roota..
Are you playing this year lookalike??

Any thoughts on this weeks results?

Good to see you too mate, pity you blokes had the game wrapped up by the time i arrived.

I have heard that the lookalike may be hanging up the whites. Has to save his energy for a side project that he currently has on the go.

I got to a few grounds and it looked to me as though most sides were a long way from their best sides

Good to see balranald b grade get off to a good start.
even against a weak swan hill with 8 players, has started the club off in a good fashion.
excellent to see a few swan hill boys hang around for a few beers after the game too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back