Swan Hill and District Cricket Association Returns

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see balranald b grade get off to a good start.
even against a weak swan hill with 8 players, has started the club off in a good fashion.
excellent to see a few swan hill boys hang around for a few beers after the game too.

Agreed. Was a great sight seeing Lister Sr and Lister Jr taking to the Swan Hill attack like a nerd in a brothel. 74 runs in 8 overs. Not to bad. All credit to Swan Hill boys who were probably playing a grade above what they usually would.

Roos getting cocky?????

Agreed. Was a great sight seeing Lister Sr and Lister Jr taking to the Swan Hill attack like a nerd in a brothel. 74 runs in 8 overs. Not to bad. All credit to Swan Hill boys who were probably playing a grade above what they usually would.

Sounds like Balranald should have had a crack @ an A grade to me!!

Re: Roos getting cocky?????

why would they do that if they havent had a side in for years and have never played in this league at all. Looks as though they are just trying to get a feel for the competition in swan hill. Obviously they r off to a good start, but i don't think u should be telling them what grades they should or shouldnt be playing in nackas.

cobba, balranald cricket clubs long term goal over the next few years is to put an A grade side in the league. been 14 years since half the blokes in the balranald side have played. we need to make sure there is still keen blokes willing to play every week.
Gotta crawl before ya can walk mate. :thumbsu:

cobba, balranald cricket clubs long term goal over the next few years is to put an A grade side in the league. been 14 years since half the blokes in the balranald side have played. we need to make sure there is still keen blokes willing to play every week.
Gotta crawl before ya can walk mate. :thumbsu:

Very valid point Fevolution, just a few cocky quotes from Balranald ppl made me quiz into whether or not the club should be fielding an A Grade team. By the looks of results, the team is certainly being steered in the right direction which is a credit to the club.
On a different subject, the change of balls from Kookaburra to Gray Nichols has been nothing short of a disaster in my point of view. It only takes around 5-10 overs before surface cracks appear and by the end of the game the ball is pretty much nackered!! Anyone else have an opinion on this?
Also, looks like Richie is upto his old tricks again scoring a S#!tload of runs early, the man is nothing short of a freak, unreal cricketer!!!

Very valid point Fevolution, just a few cocky quotes from Balranald ppl made me quiz into whether or not the club should be fielding an A Grade team. By the looks of results, the team is certainly being steered in the right direction which is a credit to the club.
On a different subject, the change of balls from Kookaburra to Gray Nichols has been nothing short of a disaster in my point of view. It only takes around 5-10 overs before surface cracks appear and by the end of the game the ball is pretty much nackered!! Anyone else have an opinion on this?
Also, looks like Richie is upto his old tricks again scoring a S#!tload of runs early, the man is nothing short of a freak, unreal cricketer!!!

I could not believe that the league had changed the balls when i heard it when i was home the other week. Kookaburra are the only manufacturer that have successfully produced a quality ball in Australia. Surely the fact that the Gray Nichols balls deteriorate so badly is a disadvantage to the bowlers in the league. I tell you what if i was still at RSL i would be up in arms about this.

Surely the league needs to change back

I could not believe that the league had changed the balls when i heard it when i was home the other week. Kookaburra are the only manufacturer that have successfully produced a quality ball in Australia. Surely the fact that the Gray Nichols balls deteriorate so badly is a disadvantage to the bowlers in the league. I tell you what if i was still at RSL i would be up in arms about this.

The league signed a 1 yr contract with Gray Nic but i don't think the clubs will allow it to go any further, if it does last the year??
the balls (while not as good as kookas) have been holding up okay in A grade, but the two piece balls in lower grades are discaceful and may need changes, as they rarely see out a game!!
As for Ritchie, agreed he is a freak batsman!!

When Balranald played RSL a couple of weeks ago in the B's...the ball was broken at the seam within the first 10 overs of RSL's bowling innings...Absolute joke

yeh the balls aren't up to the kookaburra's standard but kookaburra forfeited their sponsorship to the SHDCA this year so obviously we had to find another sponsor, in the name of Gray-Nicolls. So it wasn't changed on purposed nackas.

yeh the balls aren't up to the kookaburra's standard but kookaburra forfeited their sponsorship to the SHDCA this year so obviously we had to find another sponsor, in the name of Gray-Nicolls. So it wasn't changed on purposed nackas.

I understand the need for the change of sponsor but Kookaburra don't sponsor all the other Associations in the country yet most if not all use Kookaburra balls. It just think that the quality of cricket will suffer because of the poor quality of the balls

Kookaburra did not cancel the agreement. The board sent proposals out to Gray Nic and Kook, and the Gray nic sponsorship package was deemed to be financially better for the association, and also the balls were cheaper and clubs were to recieve free stumps... Well they can stick that, cause three clubs that i know of a stump snapped on the first game they were used, the balls are a disgrace, pay for what u get is my opinion, there is a reason why they are cheap, they are s**t... But i hope the association enjoys the money... It is a disgrace, lucky im a batsmen, well try to bat, cause the ball doesnt swing, it has no seam, and is rooted very early in a game. Figgy, i would hate to see your temper at this ball.... something must be done.. Also Balranald, the comment about u jumping into A was a fair one in my opinion, u get on here bragging and carrying on about how much u are whipping ppl. i belive u are doing a fantastic thing getting the club going again and i wish u all the luck, just dont get over the top and too cocky.. might come back to bite ya fair in the arse..

Kookaburra did not cancel the agreement. The board sent proposals out to Gray Nic and Kook, and the Gray nic sponsorship package was deemed to be financially better for the association, and also the balls were cheaper and clubs were to recieve free stumps... Well they can stick that, cause three clubs that i know of a stump snapped on the first game they were used, the balls are a disgrace, pay for what u get is my opinion, there is a reason why they are cheap, they are s**t... But i hope the association enjoys the money... It is a disgrace, lucky im a batsmen, well try to bat, cause the ball doesnt swing, it has no seam, and is rooted very early in a game. Figgy, i would hate to see your temper at this ball.... something must be done.. Also Balranald, the comment about u jumping into A was a fair one in my opinion, u get on here bragging and carrying on about how much u are whipping ppl. i belive u are doing a fantastic thing getting the club going again and i wish u all the luck, just dont get over the top and too cocky.. might come back to bite ya fair in the arse..
Quite a serve all round there telstra, but very accurate!!
While your at it, whats your opinion on the processing of results so far this season?
and how do you see the season shaping up now after 4 rounds??

sounds ver similar to the CUB vs Tooheys sponsorships. Inferior products = unhappy participants & consumers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah got a bit carried away there.....

i have been working with bill a bit to try and help with these results, its so hard atm, in 3 weeks, the new system will be up and running and it will be brilliant. once they iron out all the problems it will be fine.

After 4 rounds...

I see the two teams that i expected to dominate, Nyah and TuF doing just that.. I probably didnt know how to split the rest of the pack, and that would be justified with the results all over the place... example- Woor defeats Nully rd 1, SH defeat Nully Rd 3, Nully lose to RSL who lost to Tooly. then SH flogged Woor... its just all over the place. The two close games Stm won Rd 1 & 2 will be very important at finals time..

yeah got a bit carried away there.....

i have been working with bill a bit to try and help with these results, its so hard atm, in 3 weeks, the new system will be up and running and it will be brilliant. once they iron out all the problems it will be fine.

After 4 rounds...

I see the two teams that i expected to dominate, Nyah and TuF doing just that.. I probably didnt know how to split the rest of the pack, and that would be justified with the results all over the place... example- Woor defeats Nully rd 1, SH defeat Nully Rd 3, Nully lose to RSL who lost to Tooly. then SH flogged Woor... its just all over the place. The two close games Stm won Rd 1 & 2 will be very important at finals time..
any predictions websters?

This convo is going nowhere.

What Are all the predictions early for the finalists in all grades, from 14s-a grade

A fair effort from 2 young Nully/Culgoa boys on the weekend. After getting Mystic Park all out for 149, Nully/Culgoa were struggling big time being 6/12 then 8/30, and at 9/45 you would think it was game over. Enter Tom Fawcett and Shane Barker, both 13 year old kids, and they knock up a 110 run partnership to see the boys over the line. Tom finishing with 71 and Shane 29 not out. Tom also had figures of 5/0/3-10. Just thought I'd give the boys a mention for a great effort!

A fair effort from 2 young Nully/Culgoa boys on the weekend. After getting Mystic Park all out for 149, Nully/Culgoa were struggling big time being 6/12 then 8/30, and at 9/45 you would think it was game over. Enter Tom Fawcett and Shane Barker, both 13 year old kids, and they knock up a 110 run partnership to see the boys over the line. Tom finishing with 71 and Shane 29 not out. Tom also had figures of 5/0/3-10. Just thought I'd give the boys a mention for a great effort!

Great stuff by the young blokes. Tom looks to be an all rounder with a bright future if these match figures are anything to go by :thumbsu:

Re:

Great stuff by the young blokes. Tom looks to be an all rounder with a bright future if these match figures are anything to go by :thumbsu:

Tom bowls leggies too which is a harder art for a young bloke.

Should also mention the partnership between Morpy and Knudsen of 193 is pretty impressive....unfortunately they done it against that man Boulton, who is just a freak with the willow!!

I thought the Balranald Bakery was making deliveries, there were that many pies being served. 4,4,6,6,6,6....but he had a good day though

This is why we comment on Balranald cockiness. Was obvioulsy in the junior game before he travelled back to play B's you talking. Shows good character in that it musnt have affected him and he turned it around later in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back