Swan Hill and District Cricket Association Returns

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Roos getting cocky?????

This is why we comment on Balranald cockiness. Was obvioulsy in the junior game before he travelled back to play B's you talking. Shows good character in that it musnt have affected him and he turned it around later in the day.

How are we acting cocky, I was simply making an honest description of what happened...Sure he probably bowled better in the B Grade abd i take my hat off to him. It takes a lot of guts to be a spin bowler and to see he came back is a great sign

A fair effort from 2 young Nully/Culgoa boys on the weekend. After getting Mystic Park all out for 149, Nully/Culgoa were struggling big time being 6/12 then 8/30, and at 9/45 you would think it was game over. Enter Tom Fawcett and Shane Barker, both 13 year old kids, and they knock up a 110 run partnership to see the boys over the line. Tom finishing with 71 and Shane 29 not out. Tom also had figures of 5/0/3-10. Just thought I'd give the boys a mention for a great effort!

Well his old man was a great "all rounder". Just ask him;)
Well done fosso and young manoge

This is why we comment on Balranald cockiness. Was obvioulsy in the junior game before he travelled back to play B's you talking. Shows good character in that it musnt have affected him and he turned it around later in the day.

Why can you talk up young tom. And balranald boys cant talk up Lachie Weekley (who by the way. is in his first year of cricket)
well done to the young fella. 71 in b grade is a great score for a verteran of the game let alone an U/16s bloke.
but if a balranald kid like grant mannix or lynden duryea made a score, and we wrote in and said something use would class us as cocky.
we arent getting cocky mate just because we talk about our blokes....like EVERY single other person who writes things in.

Whats the go with the ladder on the website?? It appears to be missing the results of the Nully V Tooleybuc and RSL V UTUFCC games. And why wouldn't they put the ladders in the paper occasionally...and does Bill Croft actually watch any games of cricket? It may be only a small thing but he is forever giving people the wrong first names, and continues to think Nugget Hogan is a good cricketer!

Really poor effort all round!!

The answers for all the above questions lie with the man you have mentioned!!
The worst part is that he is getting paid to do the results etc, yet most of the results entered recently are those put onto the web by club volunteers.
Shouldn't have been appointed if he couldn't get the job done:thumbsdown:
and the clubs shouldn't have to pay for it:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

As for the gaurdian write-ups, getting worse by the week:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Am unsure what you are getting at here Sockit but the Recreation Reserve has a position up for grabs to look after the oval and pitch, it is advertised on the notice board in the footy/cricket rooms.
I just heard that they were getting some extra assistance to try and keep it dry last week??

I just heard that they were getting some extra assistance to try and keep it dry last week??

Ohhh...hahaha. The Rec Reserve are seriously looking for a curator at the oval, Morpy missed the cut as he couldn't get the wicket right last week....not bagging Knudsen, he batted well and had Nully/Culgoa frustrated with his boring approach, but those extra 30 runs would have been easy to get if he played a shot!! 21 not out after 39 overs turned out to be a little costly!!

Ohhh...hahaha. The Rec Reserve are seriously looking for a curator at the oval, Morpy missed the cut as he couldn't get the wicket right last week....not bagging Knudsen, he batted well and had Nully/Culgoa frustrated with his boring approach, but those extra 30 runs would have been easy to get if he played a shot!! 21 not out after 39 overs turned out to be a little costly!!

Easy to say that now, but if he went out, that made us 3 down, tanner and Pig had gone to swan hill, so we were 5 down, with yella bowling decent pace, he only had to bowl straight to new batsman and we were a big chance of being rolled... So at the time i thought he did a great job, maybe a few drives at the spinners but other than that, he did well..

I miss the cut, what!!! i only got a 5 minute trial!!! if i had my way i wouldve had sponges and s**t out there getting that pitch dry!!! haha... you r a harsh man!

Bit of a daily update of how the country week boys are going e.g. scores, run makers and wicket takers would be handy to have up and going on this forum if anyone is up to it? All I heard is the boys had a good win today, and the Nully/Culgoa expertise in the field was second to none! :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of a daily update of how the country week boys are going e.g. scores, run makers and wicket takers would be handy to have up and going on this forum if anyone is up to it? All I heard is the boys had a good win today, and the Nully/Culgoa expertise in the field was second to none! :eek:
To best of my knowledge they chased down 9/250 odd and got to 9/260 from 55 overs each. Must have been a good game.
Bobby Singh lead the bowlers with 5 fa from 19 straight overs and batting was shared around, Crabby 40ish, Glenn Smith 60 and Wes Harrison 40odd not out, and a few 20's.
Good start to the week, can't wait to get down there on wednesday!!

Just a little update from the Country Week Grand Final. Swan Hill District made 235. Wes Harrison was the top scorer on 74, along with a solid contribution from Herbie Warne notching up 72. Noteable mention to Dean Morpeth and Glenn Smith, both making golden quackas!!!

Some important games coming up in the a grade over the next month, any thoughts on how the 4 will shape up? Could come down to percentage??

Some important games coming up in the a grade over the next month, any thoughts on how the 4 will shape up? Could come down to percentage??
Spot on Hammer,
Teams must win over the coming weeks to cement there spots.
Will almost certainly come down to % to decide a top 2 spot or a top 4 spot, maybe both??
Swan Hill have 2 bigs games vs Woora & Utufcc and Nyah v N/Cul in final game will have a big bearing on final spots..
TUF look to be the only team safe in the 4, while Swans have 2 games against top 5teams and if Spry doesn't get back? and Onyon is gone? may be under pressure to find a win and hold there spot?
Anyone else got any thoughts?

Interesting line ups for the charity T20 match on Friday night. Peoples thought on who is not playing that they would have liked?

Wonder if Roota was unavailable or just overlooked. Sure he would have made the journey back from Bendigo. would be dirty at notbeing included I would have thought

Interesting line ups for the charity T20 match on Friday night. Peoples thought on who is not playing that they would have liked?

Wonder if Roota was unavailable or just overlooked. Sure he would have made the journey back from Bendigo. would be dirty at notbeing included I would have thought
Roota is old news, forget him.. Where was the Crabman?

Nully will smash Nyah this week as we charge to another flag

What's news for the upcoming cricket season? Can Woorinen go back to back with Stewie Patterson signing for them? How will UTUFCC go without Todd Brown? Any recruits around the place?

i heard the one and only matt harrop is pulling on the whites for lake boga can anyone confirm this if this true what a pick up for lake boga

What's news for the upcoming cricket season? Can Woorinen go back to back with Stewie Patterson signing for them? How will UTUFCC go without Todd Brown? Any recruits around the place?

I've heard that Michael Harrower of Kerang is wanting to move from the NDCA into the SHDCA. He seems keen to play for Swan Hill, as he played against them in that VB cup twenty20 comp last season. He's a fairly handy paceman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back