Swan Hill and District Cricket Association

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bushy45 said:
yeh theres is always toby o'grady to look out for also the likes of steven peters and kyle doran. there are a lot of young lads with potential should be a compitition this year:thumbsu:

Steven Reid that kid is a gun so they reckon he is that good even some of his taem members carnt get a game so they have called it quits and switched to tennis thay say:thumbsdown:

bing21 said:
Steven Reid that kid is a gun so they reckon he is that good even some of his taem members carnt get a game so they have called it quits and switched to tennis thay say:thumbsdown:

From wat i hear there is only a few duds going to play tennis(aparently their noting special). cummon mate hav a think about it that reid is a gun. apparently getting offers to go play down for Victoria. whoever is going they can't be half as good as Steven reid. i'd hav him in my side any day. there was apparently a vote by the teamates who they wanted most and reid got through the others got the boot.:cool:

iamfooty said:
Can definitely comfirm that one Cain Barry is the new captain/coach of the Nyah District Cricket Club. B and C grade leaders are yet to be appointed. Notice that Mystic Park trump card Adam Bennett has been cleared to Nyah and is now a new member on their committee.....The hard-hitting Sean Bedggood to lead Mystic in 2006/07.
TRUMP CARD....wow the humour on this site knows no end

iamfooty said:
Can definitely comfirm that one Cain Barry is the new captain/coach of the Nyah District Cricket Club. B and C grade leaders are yet to be appointed. Notice that Mystic Park trump card Adam Bennett has been cleared to Nyah and is now a new member on their committee.....The hard-hitting Sean Bedggood to lead Mystic in 2006/07.

Cain should go OK in the leadership role, not near the cricketer his brother is though.. As for the Adam Bennett move out to Nyah "what the", and on the committee, just jump in boots and all Benno. At least he'll get the run rate soaring in the one dayers hehe. His most attacking shot is the leg glance, thats when he actually makes contact.

ROOTA#6 said:
Should have invested the money into hiring a sport psychologist so that he could help with that choking problem that you seem to have up their at the showgrounds!

Rich coming from you Bennett, to be quite frank you could probably do with the assistance of a "life phychologist", not just in the cricket season and footy season, but also the space in between the two.

Speaking of space in between the two, there's a fair bit between your ears....

Steve Austin said:
Rich coming from you Bennett, to be quite frank you could probably do with the assistance of a "life phychologist", not just in the cricket season and footy season, but also the space in between the two.

Speaking of space in between the two, there's a fair bit between your ears....

Thanks for the suggestion but the life isn't ticking along too bad at the moment Steve, so i am not sure what you are getting at.

Ok, time for some constructive answers lads. Was talking to the cousin of a sister of a brother of a mate who has contacts with The Guardian and they are wanting to do a bit of a survey........

What do Swan Hill cricketers want in The Guardian this season in terms of coverage? Any ideas?
*Jamie McDonald's Inside Edge column always generates some talk.
*Clifton will be out and about taking photos from different angles this season, so batsman, don't sook if he is in your line of sight......not if you want to be splatted on the back page playing a wonderful cover drive...
*Scores are generally well done, although soem clubs need to pick up their act.
*Should the paper have a piece on Monday's back like "stars of the weeK" -- leading run scorers and wicket takers??
*Would coaches be willing to speak ahead of each week's clash, come up with some good quotes and generate some talk both on and off the field?
*Should the paper run a weekly duck count, see who our worst batsmen are?

Fire some ideas out, I'm sure they would be interested......

:thumbsu:Cheers

iamfooty said:
Ok, time for some constructive answers lads. Was talking to the cousin of a sister of a brother of a mate who has contacts with The Guardian and they are wanting to do a bit of a survey........

What do Swan Hill cricketers want in The Guardian this season in terms of coverage? Any ideas?
*Clifton will be out and about taking photos from different angles this season, so batsman, don't sook if he is in your line of sight......not if you want to be splatted on the back page playing a wonderful cover drive...
*Should the paper have a piece on Monday's back like "stars of the weeK" -- leading run scorers and wicket takers??
*Would coaches be willing to speak ahead of each week's clash, come up with some good quotes and generate some talk both on and off the field?

MacDonald should keep the humou to the radio and here because there are some older people who follow cricket who aren't interested in the comedy routine but those of us who are will be able to read it hear and listen to SMART. How is the real CLIFTON gonna be taking photo's? is he gonna have his bat, bowl and keep every week then **** off?:D
Anything like stars of the week, duck count, dorothy count leading wicket takers, run getters etc. is going to add interest and that is what cricket in the area needs a little more interest back in local cricket. Speaking to captains/coaches etc is also a great idea. I think you or telstra101 should push the idea of Twenty20 exhibition matches at night after the christmas break to get some interest from ppl not involved in cricket. This could be for the teams who won't be taking part in the Kookaburra Cup

iamfooty said:

All good ideas..
The stars of the weeks used to be a good feature..
If the Watson Medal is going to be advertised so heavily actually having the votes in the paper from each game would be good (although this is prob because they don't have them??)

* Definetely think stars of the week should come back onto back page, was always good to see Ritchie Boultons name on there.
* I would think a talk with captains would be good, wouldnt be hard to do either.
* Taking photo's richo?? you planning on vince burning your thongs again??
* I honestly think the duck count would be a bad idea :D
* ill pass on the 20/20 idea onto a board member i know through a cousin of a sister of a mate who works at the guardian

On another note, who is captain of the blues? heard man in line for job may be leaving halfway through the season. Does this mean u will keep to roota?

telstra101 said:
* I honestly think the duck count would be a bad idea :D

I can understand your trepidation Telstra, especially after the recent setback to your international recruiting drive. Looks like back to opening A's for you. I think we could of made some big partnerships together this year.:p

ROOTA#6 said:
Boga no go and McNees must be in doubt because Kelvin has been quiet!!!

Sorry Roota I'm back!! Just moved house and was off line for a while and the fact u blokes, especially u were talking so much s h i t didn't excite me too much so I couldn't be bothered having a look on this site. Since then it has gained momentum and I still cannot wait for "THE SHOWDOWN" between u and McNees. I have been keeping in close contact with Dan and their will be blood, make no mistake he hates your guts like the rest of us.:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

iamfooty said:

mc donald should be sacked, im more than willing to fill in, i already knife him on football broadcast so why not take over cricket as well
i have been waiting to vent my anger, why am i the number two man
well not any more suckers
go swans, go cats

Kelvin 69 said:
Sorry Roota I'm back!! Just moved house and was off line for a while and the fact u blokes, especially u were talking so much s h i t didn't excite me too much so I couldn't be bothered having a look on this site. Since then it has gained momentum and I still cannot wait for "THE SHOWDOWN" between u and McNees. I have been keeping in close contact with Dan and their will be blood, make no mistake he hates your guts like the rest of us.:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Strong words big man, we will wait and see i suppose

left foot long said:
mc donald should be sacked, im more than willing to fill in, i already knife him on football broadcast so why not take over cricket as well
i have been waiting to vent my anger, why am i the number two man
well not any more suckers
go swans, go cats

you wish wardy!!!!

Getting a bit quiet here ladies and gents...surely there is some breaking news at each club for all to share? Apparently the Woorinen World XI will start some serious training this week and will have a weekly Thursday night curry after training?

Whats news at the Blues? Who's coach? And is it true Brad Carroll actually thinks he will make more runs than finals goals?

Scrappa's Love Child said:
Getting a bit quiet here ladies and gents...surely there is some breaking news at each club for all to share? Apparently the Woorinen World XI will start some serious training this week and will have a weekly Thursday night curry after training?

Whats news at the Blues? Who's coach? And is it true Brad Carroll actually thinks he will make more runs than finals goals?

Scott Brooks to coach via correspondence!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back