Rumour Swan to Retire?

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL, some of the comments following his article, BF members?

Terrible Robbo. If it is true that Swanny is retiring he more than deserves the right to announce it in his time and not have articles written about it beforehand. Especially like this when your info is based on people who know people who know people.

How can you call that journalism.

Robbo on his show makes out like he has played the game to a decent standard which is a joke.

Everytime i see Robbo outside the MCG he is flabby, with a smoke in one hand and a beer in the other.

Robbo is a wannabe of the highest order

Robbo could not get a kick in a street fight, but makes out like is Peter Hudson. He thinks he is Fred Fanning

It is a total joke . A laughfest, a Monty Python marathon, a Benny Hill show song routine

Robbo is having a lend of us !!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice one robbo. Didn't think you could wait until he announces it him self? I think you should retire.

So im guessing your not a fan of him

Great player. Kudos to Dane.

Last edited:
Sad way to end but that cannot dim the light of a phenomenal career.

Always and forever a Collingwood legend.

With the severity of that injury I cannot blame him. We will be bottom 4 next season and it would be very tough running around to no purpose with a body telling him it's time.

With the severity of that injury I cannot blame him. We will be bottom 4 next season and it would be very tough running around to no purpose with a body telling him it's time.

I cant see that happening, but finals will be touch and go and obviously the injury was very severe and he has the rest of his life in front of him.

One of my all time fav players, character as well which made him even more popular with the supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won't be bottom four unless ten key layers are injured continuously.

We are way ahead of Brisbane, Carlton, Richmond, Fremantle, Gold Coast, Essendon.

We could finish anywhere from 6th to 12 th, I think we are in that sort of group

Dane Swan if he pulls the plug, will be a huge loss.
Such a gifted competitor.
Leads onfield too.

It is the Murdoch press that is the joke, most of it is filled with opinions not real news.
But then you have a whole channel in the ABC that leans to the left. It's how the media works. They side to either side of the political spectrum.

But then you have a whole channel in the ABC that leans to the left. It's how the media works. They side to either side of the political spectrum.
Mistake often made by many people, ABC is not left leaning. Further in their case, a number of experts appear and they more often than not credit their stories to known sources. The Murdoch Press don't use sources and are never named, they base their stories on opinion.

Mistake often made by many people, ABC is not left leaning. Further in their case, a number of experts appear and they more often than not credit their stories to known sources. The Murdoch Press don't use sources and are never named, they base their stories on opinion.
The media is a whole debate in itself.
They are friends of nobody.
But to say that as example the ABC is not left leaning in my view would get a mistake.
The Murdoch group tends to favour, in my view, the right of politics.
The Fairfax group leans to the left side.
Both groups are privately owned so I assume they can do what they like.
People can buy or bypass as is their wish.
The ABC because it has a charter of being unbiased and is supported by all of our tax dollars that then becomes an issue of how they present political discourse.
Personally the ABC generally covers sport better than commercial networks, presents a variety of organs, diversity being the key. SBS have a rich diversity of programs.
However as a preference for balanced political discourse it's hard to warm to the ABC I Maine if one was of the right in view points. I think you may find that's the main bone of contention being a tax funded group with a charter, some may find the left viewpoint emphasis a bit off putting.
Conversely if one is of the left, I imagine the ABC is wonderful viewing and listening.

Personally I think there is good on both sides of politics and much too much time is wasted on fruitless nit picking.
Then again, we don't have coups and killing for political gain. So it's pretty ok overall.

Swanny will do everything in his power to get back. I think if it was bad news he would of already announced it to all. No sence in hiding it particularly considering we are not playing finals and the announcement would cause very little to no distraction to our already finished season

The media is a whole debate in itself.
They are friends of nobody.
But to say that as example the ABC is not left leaning in my view would get a mistake.
The Murdoch group tends to favour, in my view, the right of politics.
The Fairfax group leans to the left side.
Both groups are privately owned so I assume they can do what they like.
People can buy or bypass as is their wish.
The ABC because it has a charter of being unbiased and is supported by all of our tax dollars that then becomes an issue of how they present political discourse.
Personally the ABC generally covers sport better than commercial networks, presents a variety of organs, diversity being the key. SBS have a rich diversity of programs.
However as a preference for balanced political discourse it's hard to warm to the ABC I Maine if one was of the right in view points. I think you may find that's the main bone of contention being a tax funded group with a charter, some may find the left viewpoint emphasis a bit off putting.
Conversely if one is of the left, I imagine the ABC is wonderful viewing and listening.

Personally I think there is good on both sides of politics and much too much time is wasted on fruitless nit picking.
Then again, we don't have coups and killing for political gain. So it's pretty ok overall.
Have looked at most of their on air presenters and the stories (on the Australian Politics Forum) and if objective, you will find a even mixture of left, right and centre presenters and their stories are pretty balanced.
Just a correction in regard to Murdoch, I would suggest fruity loop right.

Just annoys me when they write, 'a source within the department', or a source within the club'...
All these unnamed sources, could have been the tea lady or cleaner in their office.

Have looked at most of their on air presenters and the stories (on the Australian Politics Forum) and if objective, you will find a even mixture of left, right and centre presenters and their stories are pretty balanced.
Just a correction in regard to Murdoch, I would suggest fruity loop right.

Just annoys me when they write, 'a source within the department', or a source within the club'...
All these unnamed sources, could have been the tea lady or cleaner in their office.
Fair enough.
I don't watch much ABC just not my thing watching not picking politics. Just me.
Prefer sport, the sport itself, not the personality driven stuff they can come up with.

Back n topic.
Dane Swan a wonderful example of someone a bit dfferent, who got the most out of himself.
A credit to him and the coaching group for understanding he's a bit different in outlook, ie football is not everything, but embracing him as integral to our success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back