Swanettes

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Carlos

Fair call Arnie, but i still havent sussed out how to use all these thingos!! Go easy!!

Come on Carlos....you can do it. Just select 'blue' from the color box and you will get the gist of it!

:)

Go in HARD at the contest Rooboys!!

Now don't be rude Darky!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Desredandwhite
Go Bloods ;-)

Should be fun. have 2 beanpoles (doyle and burton) going at it in the middle.

Good move from the Swans to play an extra ruckman Dessie. What's Doyle like? I've Mott play a few games and he looks pretty good. It was going to be hard for him to ruck all night against two experienced ruckmen....

Carn the ROOOOOOOOS!!!

Doyle has disappointed somewhat in that he was drafted under the f/s rule and was rated potentially a top 10 pick. he's played a couple of decent games, but not really a standout yet. Keeps getting injured which is a worry. I think he and mott and share rucking duties pretty well.

eade will be rotating doyle, mott and goodes through the ruck.

At teh very least, the extra height means we can drop an extra tall to "rest" forward or back if we get into trouble at either end.

To the Swans supporter sitting a few rows back from us:

You yelled out -

"c'mon swans, call yourself a team, how can you play like that and call yourselves a team" for three quarters and then went home.....

I say -

"C'mon Idiot! Call yourself a supporter? How can you leave at 3/4 time and call yourself a supporter?"

I hope he made it home in time to watch the last quarter on tele...:rolleyes:

honestly, I couldn't believe it. who walks out on a game that close? especially the people who were leaving with 25:00 on the clock. well they missed a ripper of a finish. I don't care how long I have to sit in traffic, I don't walk out before the end of the game! thankfully sanity prevailed in most of the crowd, who stayed till the end!

besides, I'm normally in the aftermatch function for 30 mins afterwards anyway ;-) best way to avoid traffic.

Originally posted by Desredandwhite
honestly, I couldn't believe it. who walks out on a game that close? especially the people who were leaving with 25:00 on the clock. well they missed a ripper of a finish. I don't care how long I have to sit in traffic, I don't walk out before the end of the game! thankfully sanity prevailed in most of the crowd, who stayed till the end!

besides, I'm normally in the aftermatch function for 30 mins afterwards anyway ;-) best way to avoid traffic.

Ha ha! That's true des. I'd prefer a beer anyday! Do the players turn up to the post-match functions at the Swans? Actually, some games it looks like the Swans players have left at 3/4 time! ;) I think it was the Rooboys this week though....should have put the Swans away when they had their chances.

Our four games this year have been:
10 point win against a fast finishing Port
13 point come from behind win against the Dogs
8 point close finish to the Cats
3 point thrilling loss against the swans

Maybe the North marketing dept. should bring out some "Dr. Ayletts Special Anti Heart Attack tablets".... all proceeds to the club of course!

Minutes after the game I had to ring my father.

On Good Friday he suffered a heart attack, all going well, home, and recovering well thank you, but I was a bit worried about him and that result.

He was Ok!!!! and told me that he had to keep telling himself calmly that it was just a game of football!?!?!

God, I hope I never get to that condition:)

hope your fathers fine

this reminds me of the time i had suffered a stroke and was in a badway due to extreme blood preassure problems,

the game was the north melbourne vs collingwood nite grand final with the goal being kicked after ther the siren.

i was on the verge of a relapse due to the score in the last quarter, and the arguements i had with the nurses to keep the tv on.

i passed out after the siren from the nerves,

;) so roowatch hope your dad is fine now, and football is a religion:cool:

Originally posted by roowatch
Minutes after the game I had to ring my father.

On Good Friday he suffered a heart attack, all going well, home, and recovering well thank you, but I was a bit worried about him and that result.

He was Ok!!!! and told me that he had to keep telling himself calmly that it was just a game of football!?!?!

God, I hope I never get to that condition:)

roowatch, I hope I didn't offend by my last post in any way. That's great news your dad is OK!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back