Swans 2017 , Longmire and their playing list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's put that to the test , are you still defending parker's finals record ?
How does that put it to the test?
Kummerspeck was pretty argumentative about Parker's performance in big games last week.
Of course I was, his record was fine. Its definitely worse after the weekend, but he'd had just as many games where he'd performed in finals as bombed in. Your evidence of 'Hawks games' wasn't really compelling.

Of course I was, his record was fine. Its definitely worse after the weekend, but he'd had just as many games where he'd performed in finals as bombed in. Your evidence of 'Hawks games' wasn't really compelling.
It's a test to see if you're honest about how Parker's record stacks up .
You seem reasonably happy with it , so enjoy !

Just more of the same from Parker when the heat is on.

Parkers problem is not helped by dud coaching, i mean he can take a grb for jis size, give him a run forward when its going s**t, try something. But he will be nothing more than a good clubman until he starts to deliver when it counts imo

I always wonder why Longmire doesn't try this. I think Parker could be a very dangerous resting forward given he's very good in the air.

I always wonder why Longmire doesn't try this. I think Parker could be a very dangerous resting forward given he's very good in the air.

Reid back is his move, like Worsfold moving Hunter in the mid 2000s

I'm not saying they didn't, I'm pointing out that the AFL looked the other way when Jack clearly failed to follow the correct procedures for entering the draft. Had he nominated for the draft other clubs would have had an opportunity to have a better look at him but as it was only the Swans who he had been training with had some inside knowledge.
Yes, but your wording is misleading. The AFL did not "look the other way" - they initiated an investigation in to the matter.

By the time Tippett took a turn down (about the second half of last year) the COLA had been removed, so the hit was as same as in any other club.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/Team/next-generation-academy
Based on the success of AFL Club Academies in the Northern States, the AFL has provided seed funding for all Victorian clubs to run talent development Academies for boys and girls aged 11-15 in allocated zones.

Melbourne Football Club has been allocated Melbourne’s South East corridor (Casey/Dandenong/Mornington Peninsula) and Alice Springs, NT.

Lol don't even try to compare the two

Sydney never would've had the salary to secure Franklin in the first place if not for COLA that's the point.

And then swept it under the rug
Could have done that without bringing attention to it by launching an enquiry. I'd suggest they've literally done the opposite of turning the other way.

You wouldn't trade him though would you?

Depends on the offer

At the risk of being howled down I think he can play, and watching in person he does a lot of pressure acts etc

But I think he has mental issues now in finals, maybe he needs a fresh start elsewhere.

He is never going to be a big ball winner, but we cant keep having him do literally nothing in a final. Needs to impact the game even if it is just 9-10 touches but a goal or 2, that would be a good final for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coming from a Melbourne supporter.
You lost all credibility when you made that comment. Who gives a rats who I go for? I am not allowed to make a comment on a public forum because I don't support Sydney? At the end of the day, you produce football like that in a do or die final you're going to get criticised, and it'll come from everyone. Might be best if you have a cup of tea and lie down if you're going to be so sensitive.

Could have done that without bringing attention to it by launching an enquiry. I'd suggest they've literally done the opposite of turning the other way.
Didn't you ever watch Yes Minister?

Lol don't even try to compare the two
Why not? Academies with the same drafting rights with restrictions on who can join. Sydney's limitation is that it's based in non football areas, Melbourne's is in an area where football is king, but with kids who have overseas born parents.

Sydney never would've had the salary to secure Franklin in the first place if not for COLA that's the point.
That wasn't the point you were making, you've changed it because you realised how stupid it was. In any case you've got zero evidence of your new point.

Yes, he plays poorly in vague, undefined circumstance that change to suit your argument.
Whenever the Swans need a midfielder other than Kennedy to do the heavy lifting......goes missing.

Been saying exactly the same thing since 2013. Other Swans fans on the Swans board are probably sick of me saying it actually.

Why do you think he doesn't lift for the big games? I think he's a gun and can't work out why this would be the case. I get the impression he rates himself a little but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

The only knocks on his game are kicking and speed, but then again that is the same for nearly all contested ball-winning mids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back