Preview Swans AFLW preseason 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

It was good that they introduced the AFLW team to the crowd yesterday and promoted the season opener on Sunday. But it would have been better if the announcer had known the players a bit better and how to say their names better. For example, Jaide Anthony visibly winced when they announced her as "Jenny Anthony" and they had a really weird pronounciation of "Beruldsen" (and that was just in the bit that I was paying attention).

It was good that they introduced the AFLW team to the crowd yesterday and promoted the season opener on Sunday. But it would have been better if the announcer had known the players a bit better and how to say their names better. For example, Jaide Anthony visibly winced when they announced her as "Jenny Anthony" and they had a really weird pronounciation of "Beruldsen" (and that was just in the bit that I was paying attention).
Yes. It was awkward running them down the line too. Most of the crowd (eg us) couldn't see them! They came past us (Bay 28) on the way over and I was really impressed with how athletic and well groomed and cheerful they all were. Shouldn't be a surprise but it's a real pleasure to see how well they represent the club.
PXL_20230827_045422201.MP.jpg

Thanks for the pic. I think that's Kate Reynolds towering over the rest of them. I wonder if she'll get much of a run at it this year or if she'll just be a back-up for Ally Morphett? AFLW sides probably can't afford to carry two rucks.

Thanks for the pic. I think that's Kate Reynolds towering over the rest of them. I wonder if she'll get much of a run at it this year or if she'll just be a back-up for Ally Morphett? AFLW sides probably can't afford to carry two rucks.
Back up I would think. I only caught a glimpse on the big screen and on the walk by but it looked to me as if Ally might have dropped a few kg. She could be a real break-out this year with a stronger midfield around her.

Molloy > McEvoy > Privitelli
🔥

(but lousy camera work!)

Very, very happy with our first win - but I think we're still a long way off what the Dees and Pies showed on Friday night. That was high quality footy. Plenty to look forward to!

Very, very happy with our first win - but I think we're still a long way off what the Dees and Pies showed on Friday night. That was high quality footy. Plenty to look forward to!
Lots of improvement on last season, not just the new players. Fitness, organisation, skill, all improved. Yes, plenty left to do but very encouraging.
One thing that really struck me. Last season our defenders let their oppos goalside of them quite often. Today much less often, particularly in that last phase. They were so determined and anticipated well but at the same time calm. So much better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back