News Swans announce partnership with Qatar Airways

Remove this Banner Ad

QBE our major sponsor :oops:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ta-eels-anthony-watmough-20160825-gr1gr4.html

News Corp Australia is reporting QBE has deemed the knee injury that ended the veteran's career - barely 12 months into his four-year Eels deal - was pre-existing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/20...ainst-qbe-insurer-which-denied-depression-cl/

QBE was ruled to have breached the Equal Opportunities Act when it issued the insurance policy with a mental illness exclusion, as well as when it refused her claim.

So we are being sponsored by a heartless insurer, a dictatorship and a car company that used slave labour. Expect a report from Amnesty soon.

Last edited:
So we are being sponsored by a heartless insurer, a dictatorship and a car company that used slave labour. Expect a report from Amnesty soon.

I don't think you appreciate the hard work that dictatorship requires.

QBE have always been dodgy with their insurance.
Had a very bad experience with QBE once. They were my insurance providers for W/comp for my accounting business. I changed my business structure and insurers but didn't notify them for 2-3 years....slack. They pursued the estimated fee that would apply had I employed people in that defunct structure. To wipe the fee to nil I lodged nil employer wages forms which is the established process. They refused to accept them and wanted to audit my books. I said how can you audit nothing??!! The structure doesn't exist. There are no bank statements nor wages etc. And I want the policy cancelled. Still refused and stalemate persisted for another 12 months whereupon they added a new fee to the old on a company no longer trading and not employing anyone. They even had an independent auditor contact me demanding records- accountant like me- when I explained there are NO records because there is NO trading he simply said - well how can I audit nothing ? Yep my point

Exasperated I gave up and threatened them with legal if they fail to process my wage forms to nil and cancel the policy. They did finally under sufferance. Pretty disgusting that they continue a policy refusing to cancel it, chasing fees on nil wages. It felt like I was being held to ransom by the mafia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back