Swans best 22 in 2018?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just listening to the injury update video and I feel like Harley inferred that Dawson was expected to be best 22 this season. It will be really interesting to see if he can hit the ground running in the NEAFL, show that he is absolutely too good for that level and what role and at whose expense he manages to get in our seniors.

Just listening to the injury update video and I feel like Harley inferred that Dawson was expected to be best 22 this season. It will be really interesting to see if he can hit the ground running in the NEAFL, show that he is absolutely too good for that level and what role and at whose expense he manages to get in our seniors.

I like the look of Dawson and hope he can get a decent crack at senior footy but there is no way I would expect him to be best 22 this year. We already have quality players on the sidelines that may not get guaranteed games, it'll be especially hard for Dawson coming in with the handicap.

I like the look of Dawson and hope he can get a decent crack at senior footy but there is no way I would expect him to be best 22 this year. We already have quality players on the sidelines that may not get guaranteed games, it'll be especially hard for Dawson coming in with the handicap.

Nobody expected Ronke to be considered best 22.

Nobody expected Ronke to be considered best 22.

But he got his opportunity before Dawson and has now overtaken him as a best 22/depth player. Throw in guys like Fox and Towers who I think would also have claims to best 22 spots, as well as Reid and Melican... very tough for the young fella Dawson. I personally think 2019 will be his break-out season when he can start a season on equal footing with the rest of the boys

But he got his opportunity before Dawson and has now overtaken him as a best 22/depth player. Throw in guys like Fox and Towers who I think would also have claims to best 22 spots, as well as Reid and Melican... very tough for the young fella Dawson. I personally think 2019 will be his break-out season when he can start a season on equal footing with the rest of the boys

Personally I blame Cricket Australia for outposting their useless physios to us and therefore buggering up the soft tissues of half our players.

(mind you I blame Cricket Australia for Donald Trump as well)

Meh. I will back the kid to get up to speed and start knocking at the door, hard.

Meh. I will back the kid to get up to speed and start knocking at the door, hard.
It will be interesting to see. I think he was that good last year that he was expected to be in our 22 this season byt obviously his injury put paid to that.

If he resumes as he left off and dominates games in the way he was after a few games I can't see how he doesn't get into the team by finals. He'll have around 2 months to prove himself.

He was seriously dominant at that level last year. I'd not expect that much more from Parker, purely because there is only so much time to rack up stats in a game.

We will have injuries, and form loss etc. I can easily seeing him replacing Jack or Towers in particular.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

and I feel for Dawson being injured, I was so looking forward to seeing him in the seniors.
From Tom Harley's injury update, back in mai training but perhaps 1-2 weeks away from playing NEAFL,

Using the team against Fremantle as the current best side, how about what we have backing them up in team format.
Every line is solid, every line is age positive . Naismith our only long term injury and Reid, Melican and hopefully Dawson are close to being available.
Some have been tried and most have delivered when called up.

Marsh, Melican, Maibaum
Johnson, Allir, O'Riordon
Ling, Foote, Stoddart
Rose, Dawson, Towers
Fox.Reid,Cameron
Naismith,Robinson,Newman,
Inter: Pink, Amartey, Styles, Bell, Brown.

It will be interesting to see. I think he was that good last year that he was expected to be in our 22 this season byt obviously his injury put paid to that.

If he resumes as he left off and dominates games in the way he was after a few games I can't see how he doesn't get into the team by finals. He'll have around 2 months to prove himself.

He was seriously dominant at that level last year. I'd not expect that much more from Parker, purely because there is only so much time to rack up stats in a game.

We will have injuries, and form loss etc. I can easily seeing him replacing Jack or Towers in particular.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haven't you heard? Jack is immune from being replaced!

If everyone was fit.

B: O'Riordan - Melican - Aliir
HB: Jones - Rampe - Lloyd
C: Florent - Kennedy - Hannebery
HF: Hayward - Reid - Papley
F: Ronke - Franklin - McCartin
R: Sinclair - Parker - Heeney
INT: Mills - Hewett - Dawson - Cunningham

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If everyone was fit.

Looks about right. Reid and McCartin at the same time might be a little tall in the forward line, but both are mobile so maybe that isn't an issue. Also, there isn't anyone you haven't listed that I feel really ought to be in the 22. Towers or Rohan would probably be the player that came in to it if one of those two was left out in order to make the forward line smaller and faster, but Gary in particular needs to earn his position back.

Last edited:
If everyone was fit.

Very young side as well. Buddy & Kennedy are the ones 30+ in that 22. Having 2 talls who are not Buddy would also allow him to run amok and not be double teamed at ever i50

So Brown suggests we trade Hanners and Gaz for...4th round picks or something?

We trade them I'd want to see a quality, ready made player on our starting 22 next year. Cripps please.

We trade them I'd want to see a quality, ready made player on our starting 22 next year. Cripps please.

Yeah I’d trade them hypothetically but not for 0

Pretty sure the reasoning was cap relief.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back