Preview Swans BigFooty Board vs The Pre-Finals Bye

Remove this Banner Ad

It's that time of the year again. Swans Bigfooty posters get to lace up their boots and see if they've made the prestigous Bye team. Being named in this side shows a quality of character and immense posting that can only be acheived by a select few.

If it sounds like it's more prestigious than the AFL brownlow medal; You're right. This is the brownlow, Coleman, All Australian and Norm Smith medal rolled into a single morsel of recognition.

More prestigous than The King! 's official unoffical swans board poster of the year awards, More prestigous than having your posts moved to the BSB by RW.

Now before we get started with the naming of the side, it's Important to reflect upon our opposition.

The prefinals Bye or Carlton to go by their official name

The bye are consistent, travel well and rarely make mistakes or turnovers. For this task we need our match selection comittee (sataris) to choose wisely and pit the best of our posters against this terrible terrible opponent.

The Backline.
Couragous, hard and good under pressure. None of these words apply to any of the following posters. But with sheer tenacity, good spirits and an ability to stopping bad things from happening

grimlock
b95d957b7e0ad22e67223570ca3720cd--the-western-melbourne.jpg

For always being a voice of reason and allowing us a view of the reserves and thankless job of doing statistics for reserves game. Former swans poster of the year. I'm certain this is the greatest acheivement he's received.

swansfan51 (vc)
gXQkQCV.png

If you say Kinnear beatson in front of a mirror 3 times in a row . swansfan51 appears with a dossier of previous draft picks and starts hurling names at you. Always there with a good stat to dispute or shed light on some "facts" that get bandied around here.

LukeParkerno1
Vv6ddus.png

Short odds of being listed; Had a good run in the pre-finals bye bye round. Short track suits him. Is definitely handicapped. Talking about betting and odds and horse racing, greyhounds, money stacks and how much of a line to put on Jesus coming back.

Mick Oxlong
jOcTOBE.png

One angry dude for some reason. Provides the run off half-back, has poor awareness and sometimes gets into a tiff with other posters, but generally a positive addition to the side.

SBD Gonzalez
Dane+Rampe+gGlwP-qxmOcm.jpg

Old, and I mean OLD. Rumours abound that when the pyramids were being built he was well into his retirement. Doesn't post as much as he used to, but with approaching senility we turn to #runsontheboard.

J_Moore
Jake+Lloyd+_dTQwxBIdAqm.jpg

Accumulator of swans memberships cards, distributor of swans membership cards. Whether you've dropped it at the SCG, work in marketing near Foveaux street. J_Moore is as safe as houses and will be handing out disposals and membership cards left right and centre.

The Midfield
The ones who put the hardest work in, with little to no reward. There's no glamour in being a midfielder at the swans. It's hard at the coal face, In and Under. Trying to wrestle the ball away

RW (c)
79u0D4A.png

In many respects our dear leader. Always here cajoling, poking and prodding the team to be better than they are and to strive for excellence. Will this post end up in the BSB? If RW is legit it will be, and it he doesn't move it. I'm ashamed to have named him captain.

scaryness
cFnMmMz.png

Quiet and unassuming, I rarely notice when scaryness posts. But he's always insightful and a boon to the board and very easy going.

vonn
e625122cf123c36cdc839ea624733a30.jpg

Having a quiet year; Rumoured to have signed else where and will be departing Sydney but has been a staple of the board and still pops up now and then with a post or two. A gratuitous shot of Parker. That is all.

The Forward Line
The posters who get all the credit, do none of the work and remind us all of why we wanted to be forwards. There's no running involved.

Cloud_
a97bff990e8806921492181797ea3614--netball-the-senior.jpg

Recently promoted to the leadership group, and an excellent addition to the moderating team. In based on reputation but with certainty to reach the lofty standards of the swans board bye team.

bedford
oFEyssV.png

A genuine treasure of the swans board. Like that wierd uncle we all have. Is a bridge to an earlier time when the swans were based in melbourne.

Punts
AFL+Rd+20+Sydney+v+Collingwood+B49wcVls0r7l.jpg

This was going to be a picture of Dusty, but that would make this more trade hypothetical and therefore #offtopic.

The King!
qIbOW7n.png

Why Dean Towers?
1) MaxMinch and Ticky009 deserve better
2) Like Towers The King! is sometimes unfairly targetted. For his post count, his tasmanianess , his two heads. Nobody likes him, and we all think he should be playing in the reserves. But if you ignore these attributes . he's somewhat OK. for a 2 headed tasmanian.

MaxMinch
tumblr_od3pyoMxLf1qkc9jco1_500.png

For reportedly being brave enough to meet with miggs in person (#courage) , and for being a stalwart in the recipes, booze & tattoo thread. I award you this picture of lance franklin. I now have "Lance Franklin shirtless", in my google search history. The sacrifices I make for this board.

Ticky009
Tom+Papley+udf62yj_EWWm.jpg

Far from being an annoying little &*%@. Ticky009 is constantly bumping the media thread with the latest articles, newspaper clippings shes' found. Either she's a miggs level stalker of our players or an incredibly dedicated member of this community.

The Followers

GotTheGoodes
15838d8950202118769beac9961555c1

Which one of you is a forward?
Indecisive, always sent down back but never stops trying. GotTheGoodes does some great work at both ends of the board. Doesn't get appreciated much but generates quite alot of the go-forward on this board.

BruceFromBalnarring
NUf7nkS.png

His name is not Bruce, He is not from Balnarring. He is an enigma, wrapped in a riddle, wrapped in a vest, wrapped in a ruckman. He is the defender of sanity and the light. How many heroes do you know named Bruce?
Exactly.

miggs
RrrMIu2.png

If there's anyone on this board who can understand following the action and trying to get involved, It's miggs. He's determined, and ready to go at a moment's notice. Has slippery hands and tends to drop marks.

The Interchange

RUNVS, Superstar swan , doona , robbieando

Head Coach
Tedeski
Longmire_John.jpg

The font of all things positive on the board (aside from miggs and I). Tedeski can be found extolling the virtues of anyone who pulls on a sydney jumper. I'm going to wear one at my next pay review and invite Tedeski as my character witness. Jordan Foote will win a brownlow! (At least until Craig Bird does).

Sideline Reporter
IQJNumw.png

The Swans Blog
Is he as good as Titus? No. Is that an unfair remark? Yes. Taking a blog from zero to 2000 subscribers in less than 12 months is a mighty effort. With getting interviews with genuine superstars of the club like Ted Richards and miggs. The Swans Blog is doing fantastic things for the board. I'm still not going to listen to the podcast though.

Lastly to those not mentioned.

This is just a bit of fun, and this community is much larger than the 22 posters I can fit into a side like this. I look forward to seeing you all in finals, and for the first match against Carlton or the bye next year. (although those fixtures are roughly the same!)

Lol :D Nice work sataris!

He may have stalked me but I haven't met miggs! Do I get to keep my position on the Bye team?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to request a trade in the off-season.

There's a 20 image limit in posts apparently, so I was going to backroom staff and a coaching panel :(

Nice one Sataris. :thumbsu:

Haha. Vonn makes it with 11 posts.

My 2000 innefective posts must make me Mitchell in the reserves. Nice. :p

vonn is a diversity pick plus #runsontheboard

**** you pal

What was it?
* More prestigious than your awards?
* Dean Towers?
* Tasmanian Jokes?

Relatable.

I've also tried to find naked photos of every swans poster. but in the end I just messaged miggs.

I've also tried to find naked photos of every swans poster. but in the end I just messaged miggs.
I've found that the hardest part is seeing yourself in such compromising situations/positions... I did rethink my life choices & get a gym membership because of it though... So really he's just providing a community service.

There's a 20 image limit in posts apparently, so I was going to backroom staff and a coaching panel :(

vonn is a diversity pick plus #runsontheboard

What was it?
* More prestigious than your awards?
* Dean Towers?
* Tasmanian Jokes?

Last year I was buddy now I'm towers

Though I may have labelled myself buddy

So what's everyone getting up to this week?

I'd like to say I'll be doing a few of these:

- Shopping for those things I've desperately needed for months... like suits that fit.
- Getting some chores done (my poor "garden").
- Getting in a good hike up Mt.Lofty.
- Having a hit of golf (well, relearning how to swing a club anyway).
- Mucking around on a few old guitars that need a service & a good playing (it's been far too long!)
- Finally finishing the 4 books I have on the go.
- Making a nice loaf of bread to go with a slow roast or casserole.
- Reviewing & updating my budget & yearly planner.
- Researching holiday spots for next year (dependant on finishing my budget).

Etc etc....

(What I'll actually end up doing though will be eating my weight in toasted cheese sandwiches, drinking far too much grog & sitting in front of the telly watching Netflix or playing PS4.....)

Last edited:

- Shopping for those things I've desperately needed for months... like suits that fit.
- Mucking around on a few old guitars that need a service & a good playing (it's been far too long!)
- Finally finishes the 4 books I have on the go.

Etc etc....

(What I'll actually end up doing though will be eating my weight in toasted cheese sandwiches, drinking far too much grog & sitting in front of the telly watching Netflix or playing PS4.....)

Getting $736 back from Ticketek.

- Finally finishing the 4 books I have on the go.

Etc etc....

Run a few ks
Lecture prep
Time with family

Remove this Banner Ad

Back