Universal Love Swans Board Media Poll - Who is worst of the worst?

Remove this Banner Ad

Whining about journalists seems like a very * move.

It's not something I would have considered thread worthy myself but having said that, my lord there are some duds on that list.

I like the idea of a thread to vent frustration at said dudness, atm I just seek out other boards to do so.

My personal top 10 (just callers not journos)

Dunstall
Eddie
Dermott Brereton
Tim Watson
Derpwayne
Basil
Hamish
Luke Darcy
James Brayshaw
Nick Maxwell

That's a whole lot of facepalming right there

Rohan Connolly had us finishing 9th and the Pies 4th.. shown up in just the first week.

Basil Zemphlis is just flat out irritating with no particular insight or other quality to make up for it. has never to me come across as a fan of the game, more just pleased with himself for getting the gig for no reason I can work out.

Hamish McLachlan is just a bit bland, while trying to play things up too much.

The commentary in the GWS game pissed me off, belittling and playing down both teams achievements. In the first quarter Dwayne Russell said we we're forced to trade Mumford to make space for Franklin.Jon Brown backed him up on it. Mmm no, the Giants offered him more than we could match. Same as Malceski. When its the other way round the media are all over themselves pointing at Sydney "buying players" ignoring that we are a professional club that maybe players are enticed by.

How many times did they mention how many first round picks the Giants had? I've seen a good post on here somewhere discussing the Giants being unable to work out a trade in their early years for the mini-draft picks they had, or get any good players under their free agency concessions. I think only Callum Ward. Of course they we're going to finish low in their early years with a team of kids, meaning they got more early draft picks for a while. It's the AFL with the other clubs who decided upon the start up picks anyways.

* eddie.

Who are the good ones??
I actually like when BT is on cause at least he's into the game.

Fairly ordinary all round at the moment tho.

I don't understand the hate for BT. His OCD obsessions are hilarious.
He maintained his view on Pyky for way too long. He also had some stupid ideas about Goodes, calls Lewis Leroy, can't be arsed learning our players numbers/names & loves to stick the boot in to us I reckon.

He's more concerned with getting a "boy oh boy" in as opposed to commentating & showing real footy knowledge.

Nice to be back after a little 2 week break. The hate for Sydney just gets worse by the week. Dermie is the worst for it and just drags all the other commentators in to agree.

He maintained his view on Pyky for way too long. He also had some stupid ideas about Goodes, calls Lewis Leroy, can't be arsed learning our players numbers/names & loves to stick the boot in to us I reckon.

He's more concerned with getting a "boy oh boy" in as opposed to commentating & showing real footy knowledge.
Got it.
I have negative feelings for Eddie because he went on a campaign to destroy our club. And he annoys the crap out of me.

For the rest, I would prefer to just enjoy the game ...

I don't understand the hate for BT. His OCD obsessions are hilarious.
Agreed, his knowledge of players etc isn't as great but he is a good play by play caller. Also admit he makes me lol at times.

Also like Dennis and Huddo.

Usually I brush it off, but the GWS game was one of the few times commentary has genuinely effected my enjoyment of a game.

Well here we go with an unpopular opinion.

I think Dunstall is the best match day analyst going around and just to add insult to injury, for what it's worth, I'm not a fan of Gerard Healy on game day.
I really don't see Dunstall as anti-Swans and whilst Healy is clearly pro-Swans his match day opinions seem almost pre-determined, expecting a game to follow a pattern and in my view anyway unable to adequately address what is happening on the field, if it doesn't conform to his expectations.

In terms of the worst going around, enter Luke Darcy.
No contest. Just terrible in every aspect.

I rate Huddo and Dennis easily the best commentators.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed, his knowledge of players etc isn't as great but he is a good play by play caller. Also admit he makes me lol at times.

Also like Dennis and Huddo.

Usually I brush it off, but the GWS game was one of the few times commentary has genuinely effected my enjoyment of a game.
What I think happens is the program directors write a 'script' for each game.

The GWS commentary was awful because the commentators were following a script that said - this is the year that the 'little brother' rises up and takes the crown.

They were so desperate to follow the script that they ignored the reality unfolding in front of them.

Well here we go with an unpopular opinion.

I think Dunstall is the best match day analyst going around and just to add insult to injury, for what it's worth, I'm not a fan of Gerard Healy on game day.
I really don't see Dunstall as anti-Swans and whilst Healy is clearly pro-Swans his match day opinions seem almost pre-determined, expecting a game to follow a pattern and in my view anyway unable to adequately address what is happening on the field, if it doesn't conform to his expectations.

Dunstall is usually OK, I think he rated a mention here mainly because of his frothing over GWS when calling last week's game. It was a bit over the top.

Dunstall is particularly good to listen to whilst calling Hawthorn games...he's one of the only commentators that are ever critical of them and also one of the only ones that doesn't lose their marbles every time Cyril, Hodge or Mitchell do something half-decent.

Watching last weeks game you'd of thought the Giants won by ten goals from Dunstalls commentary. I turn the volume off when Darcy commentates, a muppet of the highest calibre.

Yeah look Dunstall knows enough about footy and I don't mind him in neutral games.

He just does a terrible job of disguising his obvious distaste for the Swans, for that he can GAGF.

BT by the length of the straight. Inane commentary, couldn't identify a Swans player without looking in the record (Heath Shaw? Ben Reid?). Spent the entire Collingwood game banging on about how the drugs saga was the reason Collingwood were losing.

Derm again tonight..... I will para phrase his comment.

"who you backing in this one Derm"
"ahhh who's playing adelaide....oh the swans.... yeah look it doesnt really matter who Adelaide are playing they will win"

That is 3/4 weeks he has backed the opposition..... only went for us v Carlton..

I dont know why but his narcissism really rubs me the wrong way.

Darcy really is ordinary, he reminds of a little brother wanting to hang around his big brother and his mates, trying to say something of substance so they will listen to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back