Player Sponsorship Swans Board Player Sponsorship 2018 - Gary Rohan is our sponsored player

Remove this Banner Ad

After a successful 2 years of Player Sponsorship, the Swans Board is looking to continue this initiative in 2018.

Sponsored Player History
2016 - Callum Mills
2017 - George Hewett
2018 - Gary Rohan

Volunteer coordinator wanted!
We are looking for an interested volunteer (preferably based in Sydney) to coordinate the logistics of our membership for 2018. I am based interstate and RW is off globetrotting. It makes things much easier if we have somebody based in Sydney to assist with receiving our membership benefits and so on. If you would like to help, please contact us :)

What we aim to do is raise enough to purchase a Double Redbacks Membership in the name of "Big Footy Swans Board" at the cost of $2418 (or 2 Redbacks Membership if we have sufficient interest) and with that membership package there is a Player Sponsorship feature. The club has said that we can nominate a player we wish to sponsor, though there is no guarantee of having our preferred player assigned. We will put this up to a vote for everyone that contributes to the membership. Naturally the more high profile the player the less likely they are to be available, however we can create a shortlist to have a higher chance of being assigned one of the players. The player we do end up sponsoring will be made available at club functions to whoever attends as the board's Redbacks member for that event.

UPDATE: Our sponsored player for 2018 is Gary Rohan!

As you can see to the left on my profile, everyone that contributes will receive a badge with the player we sponsor and the year. Everyone that donates over $50 will receive a Big Footy Gold Membership and everyone who donates over $100 will receive a Big Footy Platinum Membership!

Benefits that come with the membership package include:

- invitations to a cocktail night,
- a ticket to the Guernsey Presentation Dinner,
- a ticket to a pre-match function and an after match function.
- We will also have a Premium reserved seat/s at each home game with associated match day parking.
- Another feature that has been relevant in both 2016 and 2017 is of course the priority access to finals tickets including a guaranteed Grand Final ticket.

All prizes will be raffled off to everyone with a share in the player sponsorship. We will split "shares" up into $25 per share and the draws are done randomly using www.random.org. Any money raised that doesn't go towards the membership (i.e. if we raise $2718, the remaining $300) we'll donate to the Sydney Swans Foundation in the Board's Name to contribute to the ongoing support of the club.

Please post below or PM one of the friendly moderator team - RW , Cloud_ , scaryness or myself to either express interest or ask any questions.

We need to get an idea of interest ASAP in order to meet the deadline to renew our membership, so don't delay, donate today!

Last edited:
swansfan51 I would like to add some extra information regarding the price of the tickets.

This year they have the Redback membership for a double @ $2418 which you have stated. However, they also have 2 Redback memberships (without parking) for $2168.

As I never requested parking, I do not know the popularity of it on the Bigfooty board, but, if not many people used it during the year and/or we miss the target of $2418 we can still get 2 tickets by forgoing the parking if we hit $2168.

Last edited:

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Bump...

Many thanks to all who have expressed interest in contributing. Assuming expressions of interest translate to actual contributions, and everyone donates at least $50, we would have raised $1,250, which is more than half of our target!

Your friendly moderator team has been working behind the scenes and we will be starting the collection process very soon. We can say it will be even easier for you to contribute this year, thanks to admin for their help.

In the meantime, if you are keen and haven't already let us know, post in this thread or PM us.

Thanks for your support! :)

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Bump...

I've sent a PM containing payment instructions to everyone who's expressed interest in contributing, let me know if I've missed anyone.

We have over $1,500 in committed funds so far, which is a great effort.

It's not too late to contribute! If you would like to go into the draw for tickets to the Guernsey Presentation Dinner on Monday February 19, you have until January 31 to guarantee your place in the draw. Let me know if you're keen :)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RW

Cancelled
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney

RW

Cancelled
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Thanks to everyone who's contributed so far, we've now raised $1,330 towards our goal of $2,168!

It's not too late to contribute, just 'like' this post or reply below and I'll send you the payment details.

To guarantee your place in the draw to win one of two tickets to the Guernsey Presentation Dinner on Monday February 19, you have until COB this Friday to enter. Minimum contribution $25 (or $50 to receive a BigFooty Gold Membership).

Calling Blacky Bonz cadsky CD__ doona grimlock Kapanis MarkP MC Bad Genius Membling miggs replicant sahi11 sataris scaryness Sid Ruckle The King! YorshireSwan ... and anyone else I've missed ...

Any money raised that doesn't go towards the membership (i.e. if we raise more than $2,168) we'll donate to the Sydney Swans Foundation in the Board's Name to contribute to the ongoing support of the club.

McEvoy

Alpaca My Bags
Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor SFA Fight For MND SFA Bushfire Appeal SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser drazah memorial Beyond Blue donor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Melbourne Bolts Player - BFFCL Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Sep 26, 2016
A good paddock
AFL Club
Sydney
I didn't send my $$$ to a random beneficiary after all.... it was just operator error :oops:

Hey guys, count me out for the draws for dinners, presentations or anything in Sydney before round 1, also have my own reserved seat. Would hate to win and then have to decline :(

RW

Cancelled
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
We just hit $1,555 as of today, thanks everyone!

Still haven't heard from Blacky cadsky doona grimlock MarkP MC Bad Genius Membling miggs replicant sahi11 Sid Ruckle YorshireSwan ... if you're sitting it out this year let me know so I'll stop tagging you (unless you like getting my tags of course... )

miggs, you'll always be on MY list whether you contribute or not, we might have our ups and downs but you know what we have is special *insert stalker hiding behind the bushes gif here*

RW

Cancelled
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
When do we find out who is our sponsored player for 2018?

RW

Cancelled
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back