Player Sponsorship Swans Board Player Sponsorship - Our Sponsored Player for 2016 is Callum Mills!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
After many requests over the years for the Swans Board to do something involving Player Sponsorship that other club boards here on Big Footy have done and continue to do, we are pleased to open Expressions of Interest in the Swans Board's first ever Player Sponsorship program.

What we aim to do is raise enough to purchase a Redbacks Membership in the name of "Big Footy Swans Board" at the cost of $1325 (if we get enough interest we will purchase a Double Membership at $2300) and with that membership package there is a Player Sponsorship feature. Having spoken to the club there is the potential to nominate the player we want to sponsor and that will be something we'll put to a vote. Naturally the more high profile the player the less likely they are to be available. The player we do end up sponsoring will be made available at club functions to whoever attends as the board's Redbacks member for that event.

As seen with other boards everyone that contributes will receive a badge in their user panel with the player we sponsor and the year. Everyone that donates over $50 will receive a Big Footy Gold Membership and everyone who donates over $100 will receive a Big Footy Platinum Membership.

The benefits that come with the membership package include invitations to a cocktail night, a ticket to the Guernsey Presentation Dinner and other events throughout the year, plus a Premium reserved seat/s at each home game which includes match day parking and entry to the Chairman's After match function. These will be raffled off to everyone with a share in the player sponsorship. We will split "shares" up into $25 per share but if anyone thinks of a better idea let us know. Any money raised that doesn't go towards the membership (i.e. if we raise $1500, the remaining $175) we'll donate to the Sydney Swans Foundation in the Boards Name to contribute to the ongoing support of the club.

Please vote above and post below (we are also happy to answer any questions you may have) for initial interest so we get an idea of numbers involved.

Once our list is finalised we'll actually provide further details to everyone interested and start collection.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks to those who have voted so far! If everyone who clicked on the poll so far donates $50, we would have already raised $450 towards our target of $1,325!! Add to that the $200 that BigFooty gives to club boards for player sponsorships each year and we only need to raise an additional $675, so we're almost half way there. Even if you can only afford $25, it all goes to the club, and you'll go into the draw to win some of the above mentioned goodies.

The board would explode!

I'm pretty keen, Would love to get behind a player for the season (Not quite the same way that vonn would love to get behind Parker though).

It would be worth it. Dean "Big Footy Approved" Towers.

I'm pretty keen, Would love to get behind a player for the season (Not quite the same way that vonn would love to get behind Parker though).

I'm not sure how that would work. The textbooks that I've read on this matter have some in-depth diagrams. Unless I've been grossly misinformed about how this works :p

Could we add as one of the benefits as "increasingly unlikely to be banned by the moderators" to sweeten the deal ;)

No. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Money doesn't protect from infractions (as they can happen anywhere). Nor would infraction exclude you from any of the goodies as once your in, your in and we are professional enough to set aside differences for the good of the club.

But that Bonz I might struggle to;)

Thanks to those who have voted so far! If everyone who clicked on the poll so far donates $50, we would have already raised $450 towards our target of $1,325!! Add to that the $200 that BigFooty gives to club boards for player sponsorships each year and we only need to raise an additional $675, so we're almost half way there. Even if you can only afford $25, it all goes to the club, and you'll go into the draw to win some of the above mentioned goodies.

I would also like to thank everyone who has voted so far. As RW pointed out above if everyone who has voted donates $50 we would now already have raised $800 with only $525 to go.

So with that said we are at the point were we want to start tracking how much we have in fact raised so we can start a countdown towards the goal. So we ask those who have voted yes to PM one of the mods (RW swansfan51 robbieando) an amount so we can tally up a total.

I'd like to clarify my vote. I'll chip in the $101 for towers/plat bf membership. $50 for the other nuffies. How will payments be handled?

TBD as we haven't done this before but we'll be talking to the organisers from the other boards as to how they do it. One idea is to set up a Bank Account for this purpose and provide every one with the Account number and BSB via PM.

As to your amount are you saying that your amount is dependant on who we select?

TBD as we haven't done this before but we'll be talking to the organisers from the other boards as to how they do it. One idea is to set up a Bank Account for this purpose and provide every one with the Account number and BSB via PM.

As to your amount are you saying that your amount is dependant on who we select?

Yeah nah. Well not really. Just being cheeky. I'll PM you once I get out of work

Remove this Banner Ad

Back