Welcome Swans Fans - Introduce Yourselves Here!

Remove this Banner Ad

May 24, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal
Looks like we have a new batch of posters slowing infiltrating the board, so it seems to be a good time to create a thread where they can introduce themselves. Welcome to the board and thanks for joining because the more posters we have the better. So, answer the below questions if you'd like, make up your own questions or feel free to just sit and vegetate if that's what you wish.

1. Where are you from?
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans?
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans?
4. Favourite players (current)?
5. Favourite players (all time)?
6. Favourite Swans memories?
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF?
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own?

Any questions about the board then just ask me, Grimlock or Syd and we might answer them. Established posters feel free to join in with the above.

Welcome aboard rookie....

437248-sydney-swans.jpg

Apr 23, 2007
around about
AFL Club
Sydney
1. Where are you from? Quibble, the capital of Mars
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? I like the taste of the animal on the bbq.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? since I was 118.
4. Favourite players (current)? This young Bill Williams is exciting
5. Favourite players (all time)? Laurie Nash, can we get him back from Camberwell?
6. Favourite Swans memories? the 1909 grand final when we beat Carlton was pretty special.
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? In the forward pocket. If only they kicked it to me we would have won by more.... bugger the 18 men rule, It was never Roos strong point.
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? I stole Bob Pratts boot, though he was sleeping in them in the time and I had to cut them off and accidentally took some his foot as well. apparently he missed the grand final later that week against Richmond with an injury, you don't think that had anything to do with it do you?

May 24, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal
Haha, I'll try and be serious.

1. Where are you from? Born in Sydney, moved to Melbourne when I was 10 and moved back to Sydney a few years ago.
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? First memories of football are my dad taking me to Swans games, so it was a fairly easy choice. Extended family are all in Melbourne and are football fanatics, so thankfully the fact I was born in Sydney stopped me from being a Demons fan.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? 1995 are my earliest memories. Dad had been taking me since about 92 but I was too young to remember anything back then.
4. Favourite players (current)? Goodes, Kennedy, Reid, Parker
5. Favourite players (all time)? Goodes, Maxfield, Kelly, O'Loughlin
6. Favourite Swans memories? Obviously 05 GF is the highlight. Swans v Cats in 96 was awesome with the build up surrounding Ablett and Lockett at either end. 96 finals series, went to the QF, PF and GF and they were all memorable for different reasons. Disappointing to lose the GF but that was my first game at the MCG and something I'll always remember.
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? At the ground. Leo Barry pocket, second level.
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Swans guernsey signed by most of the 96 GF team.

TheGoatBaron

Aliens exist and they do control your mind!!!
Jan 4, 2010
South-West Victoria
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Port Melb, Eintracht Frankfurt.
1. Where are you from? Mortlake Victoria, originally from South Melbourne
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Because they were the local team at the time of my birth and younger years and because i followed my father.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Into my 36th year.
4. Favourite players (current)? Adam Goodes, Jarrad McVeigh (you mad?) and Sam Reid.
5. Favourite players (all time)? Paul Kelly
6. Favourite Swans memories? 2005 Grand Final and Semi Final and all the wins over Norf Melvin.
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? In the stands @ the MCG.
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? 2005 DVD pack.

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
10k Posts Pokemon is Life Meet-Up Master Pantskyle Podcaster WCE Wings Guernsey Casey Tutungi Future Fund
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
1. Where are you from? Mt Olympus.
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Held at knifepoint by Hades.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? 69 days tomorrow.
4. Favourite players (current)? McBabe
5. Favourite players (all time)? Kirk
6. Favourite Swans memories? Winning.
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Drinking champagne, snacking on cavier and reclining on my cloud.
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? My diamond plated guernsey.

drivative

Debutant
Aug 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Socceroos
1. Where are you from?
Balaclava, an inner south eastern suburb of Melbourne.
About 36 years.
Good question. In primary school I needed to choose a team. I decided to collect footy cards and barrack for whoever was the first team I got the full set for. I couldn’t collect enough cards to complete any sets and had to start swapping, so realised the plan wouldn’t work unless I decided which team to trade for. The more local teams then were Saint and Swans. My older sister already went for Saints and Swans seemed ok, so I tried to get the full set of Swans cards, and when that happened the matter was decided. Only a year or 2 later I started to hear things about the team moving, and heard talk about South supporters changing allegiances, but I decided to stay and never regretted it.
The fast guys who make unexpected things happen: Goodes, Rohan, Jets..
Kelly, Lockett, Dunkley, Tilt, Healy, Williams.
6. Favourite Swans memories? / 7. Where were you for the 2005 GF?
I was at the Punt Road oval next to the ‘G’ watching the giant screen the AFL put up. Of course I stayed to see the team come on stage to celebrate after the game. That was the best moment of all.
I’m not really one for memorabilia, but I wish I’d kept the original South Melbourne jumper after I grew out of it.

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
1. Where are you from? Born in Sydney and continue living there.

2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Dad came from Melbourne originally and halfheartedly supported Hawthorn as a kid but he came to Sydney and had our family up here and got me into the footy when I was about 8 and as it was the local side, the Swans were the first side I saw live and the obvious side to support.

3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? 1997 would have been my first live game and first game watched on TV (would have been 6 at the time). Became a member in 2000 after going to quite a few games in 1998 and 1999.

4. Favourite players (current)? Goodes, Bolton, Richards, Smith, Kennedy, Reid, Mumford

5. Favourite players (all time)? Goodes, O'loughlin, J.Bolton, Hall, C.Bolton, Kirk, Dunkley

6. Favourite Swans memories? '05 GF the clear winner but many other moments are favourites of mine, many of which I was lucky enough to be live at the ground for, like:
- Lockett's 1300th goal against Collingwood in 1999
- Kelly and Dunkley's farewell game in '02
- That SF vs Geelong in '05 where Davis came to save us
- '06 GF despite being heart-breaking filled me with pride and love for the club
- Mick's Swans games record-breaking game against Fremantle at the SCG
- Hall's farewell in '09
- Crouch, Mick and Leo's farewell in '09
- Kirk's last SCG game against the Dogs (his goal in the 4th in particular) and then his final game in the SF vs the Dogs at the MCG

Probably forgetting some but then others I saw on TV like:
- '03 QF win over Port
- '05 PF win over St.Kilda
- '06 QF win over WCE
- Mick's 300th at the MCG (win over Richmond)

7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? At the ground. Pretty much the opposite pocket from the Leo mark. Was sat about 20 rows up from where Tadhg kicked his goal in the 2nd quarter.

8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Swans scarf. Been with me since 2001. Always accompanies me to the games. Never been into wearing jumpers to the game or any other silly gear, but that scarf is very dear to me.

Aug 26, 2007
FORWARD POCKET
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
THE BIG SOUND WEST OF THE TOWN!
1. Where are you from? The East Sydney dont judge me
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? started watching around age 15 but really got into it age 18
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? 2006
4. Favourite players (current)? I have to find a whole new swans player but ill go With Nick "Sexy" Smith
5. Favourite players (all time)? Adam Schneider & Daniel Currie :[
6. Favourite Swans memories? 2008 Ressies Grand Final
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? In Sydney on my couch screaming
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? My signed Ressies Banner

sr20

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2011
Geelong
AFL Club
Sydney
1. Where are you from? Geelong in Victoria

2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? I didn't like Geelong, and I wanted to be different from my family who barrack for Collingwood.

3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Pretty much when I started Primary School and could actually choose for myself, so around 1994

4. Favourite players (current)? Josh Kennedy, Sammy Reid and St. Jude

5. Favourite players (all time)? Paul Kelly, Plugger, Kirky, Baz

6. Favourite Swans memories? 2005 Grand Final, this years win against Geelong at Skilled which I was at.

7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Bottom level standing room, behind the goals at the end where Leo took his mark. Started hugging the bloke next to me when he took it and when I looked back at the ground the players were doing the same!

8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? I've got a 2005 Grand Final print, and a signed guernsey from 2006. My Barry Hall print is probably my favourite though.

Aardvark

Team Captain
Feb 19, 2011
Sth Gippsland
AFL Club
Sydney
1. Where are you from? Born in Port Melbourne.
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Dad played a few ressies games in the 40s.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? 53 years
4. Favourite players (current)? Josh Kennedy
5. Favourite players (all time)? The Chimp.
6. Favourite Swans memories? 15th June 1970 def Collingwood by 1 pt
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? At home
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? 1970 first semi final footy record

wocbond

Debutant
Aug 18, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Yankees Huddersfield Town
1. Where are you from? Sydney West with short spells in elsewhere in NSW.
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? When they became a Sydney team.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Sporadically since they started.
4. Favourite players (current)? Reid Rohan Hannebrey.. The future
5. Favourite players (all time)? Rocket Rod The Moose Roos Lockett All the Boltons Goodes
6. Favourite Swans memories? The point to make the Grand Final
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Home
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Nil

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Colson

Senior List
Oct 24, 2009
Crib Point
AFL Club
Sydney
1. Where are you from? Mornington Peninsula

2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Old Man played for ressies for a little bit

3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? all my life, 24 years, 17 year member

4. Favourite players (current)? The Mummy and Goodsey

5. Favourite players (all time)? Plugger, Kelly, Maxfield, Goodsey

6. Favourite Swans memories? 2005 grand final, Nick davis against geelong, beating geelong this year for Macca

7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? In the Cheersquad behind the goals

8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? 2005 squad signed jumper

Jul 13, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
1. Where are you from? Hills District
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Parents supported them
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Since I was born, 16 years.
4. Favourite players (current)? Sam Reid, Adam Goodes, Gary Rohan
5. Favourite players (all time)? Brett Kirk, Tony Lockett, Barry Hall, Pat Veszpremi
6. Favourite Swans memories? Being there at: '06 Prelim, '02 vs North when Cressa goaled after the siren, '10 Kirk and Roos last SCG game, '08 Elimination Final, '02 last game change of an era, '10 Elim.
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Mates house
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Plugger kicking his 1300th and you can see me in the crowd.

Apr 11, 2009
MEL --> ADL
AFL Club
Sydney
1. Where are you from?
Melbourne
Old Man
Over 15 years
Goodes, Hannebery, Jack
Kelly, Kirk, Skilton
6. Favourite Swans memories?
2005 Grand Final
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF?
Punt Road
Swans 2005 Premiership Guernsey

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
1. Where are you from? Melbourne
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? You do as your told when a shotgun is held at your head and Swans Scarf is handed to you at the age of 6
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? 2012 will be my 25th year supporting the Swans
4. Favourite players (current)? Mumford and McVeigh
5. Favourite players (all time)? Healy, Kelly, and Kirk
6. Favourite Swans memories? Being at Footy Park in 03 for the final win against Port, being at the Davis Final against the Cats in 05 and knowing as he went to kick it, that it was a goal. Also being down there as we beat them against all the odds. The last quarter in both Finals wins against St Kilda in 05 and 11, their fans disappeared very quickly. But of course the Grand Final in 05 and the whole party afterwards took things to another level.
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Behind the goals at the Leo Barry end. Saw him move in for the mark, that wasn't the worry. The open goalsquare was...but still he took the mark and the rest was history even though I never heard the siren, just saw Tadhg jump on his back and knew:D
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? My scarf from 1988. First bit of Red and White and will be my last.

Jul 6, 2010
In the room beside you.
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
East Side Hawks
1. Where are you from? Why such a personal question to start of with? Us Gun's are supposed to stick together after all. Mildura, Victoria if you really must know.

2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Tony Lockett, I was a young 5yr old when he came to Sydney. My favourite colour was red and he was a larger than life character. My father barracked for North Melbourne, so no family allegiance. Just Tony Lockett.

3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? 1995, so 17yrs nearly. Damn, I feel quite old now.

4. Favourite players (current)? Shane Mumford, Sam Reid, Tommy Walsh and of course Adam Goodes.

5. Favourite players (all time)? Tony Lockett, Paul Kelly, Barry Hall, Stuart Maxfield, Andrew Dunkley.

6. Favourite Swans memories? 1996 Finals Series, Creswell, Lockett after the siren etc, 2005 Finals series, Davis' came to save us. Barry Hall against St.Kilda. As well as the Premiership, Lockett kicking 1300 goals.

7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? At my mates place who's whole family were Swans supporters in Mildura. Some would say I could be heard one block away.

8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Paul Kelly signed 1995 guernsey, Tony Lockett signed plark in 1996.

Troubadour

Cancelled
Jun 19, 2010
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
1. Where are you from? Melbourne via Sydney via Launceston
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? They sucked in the late 70's (and for many more years) go the underdog.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Late 70's
4. Favourite players (current)? Jude Bolton
5. Favourite players (all time)? Tilt/Wizz/Kirk
6. Favourite Swans memories? Beating Melbourne for our only win of the year in the early 90's // Beating essendon by 160 points //2005
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? at a bbq in tears of joy
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Not into memorabilia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back