Welcome Swans Fans - Introduce Yourselves Here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the board! And here's hoping you can break the cruel Dawks family cycle with the next generation. Or you can register the cat:D

Cheers mate. Yeah 2012 was lovely, for that reason. 2014 not so much, but I was living in London at the time, so at least I didn't have to see their smug faces!

The cat isn't a fan of clapping, so for the first half of Friday was nowhere to be seen, but the second half was a different story...

Name: Darren
1. Where are you from? Melbourne
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? My mum grew up in South Melbourne supporting the Swans as did her mum and when I was born way back in 1975 she used to take me down to Lakeside Oval. Suppose you can say I was born a swan.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? 40 Years
4. Favourite players (current)? Luke Parker, Dan Hannebery, Adam Goodes, Buddy Franklin
5. Favourite players (all time)? Paul Kelly, Greg Williams, Gerard Healy Tony Lockett, Jude Bolton
6. Favourite Swans memories? 2005 & 2012 Premierships, 2005 Semi-Final - Nick Davis Last Quarter, 1996 Premlim Final - Tony Lockett point to get us into the 1996 Grand Final.
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? At the MCG - Cheering the Swans onwards to Victory - Leo Barry you star
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? 2005 Premiership Framed Picture

Name: Jodie

2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? I think I was brainwashed from birth ;)
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? I can't remember exactly but I remember regularly watching the footy with my nanna on a black and white TV.
4. Favourite players (current)? Kennedy, Jack, Parker, Hannebery, McGlynn
5. Favourite players (all time)? Kelly, Crouch, Bolten, Kirk, Dunkley, McVeigh, ROK, O'Loughlin, Maxfield, Lockett
6. Favourite Swans memories? 1996 preliminary final, point after the siren to put us in the grand final. The day buddy signed with Sydney! 2005 and 2012 grand finals.
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Sitting in the MCG stands
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? 2012 framed premiership photo

Name: Jodie

2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? I think I was brainwashed from birth ;)
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? I can't remember exactly but I remember regularly watching the footy with my nanna on a black and white TV.
4. Favourite players (current)? Kennedy, Jack, Parker, Hannebery, McGlynn
5. Favourite players (all time)? Kelly, Crouch, Bolten, Kirk, Dunkley, McVeigh, ROK, O'Loughlin, Maxfield, Lockett
6. Favourite Swans memories? 1996 preliminary final, point after the siren to put us in the grand final. The day buddy signed with Sydney! 2005 and 2012 grand finals.
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Sitting in the MCG stands
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? 2012 framed premiership photo
Another gal! Thank god. Vonn and I can use the assist:p

Hi Everyone. My names Rhiannon. Long time lurker, finally decided to join the forum.
I grew up on rugby league in Newcastle. As a proud Novacastrian, it was the Knights or nothing. I never really liked NRL anyway and the Jets, need I say more lol
Thanks to my stepdad's influence, I started watching AFL in about 2000. Picked the Swans as he supports Hawthorn and it's fun to banter. He became a Swans member just to attended regular games. I've pretty much loved AFL ever since. I missed getting to go to the 2005 and 2012 grand finals but was lucky enough to attend in 2014. Not the result I wanted but what an amazing atmosphere......Travel to most games during the season so it's always awesome to see so many Blood fans around, even travelling from Newie.
Favourite player now is:Luke Parker
Favourite swans legend: Paul Kelly

Anyway nice to meet you all and carn the Swannies!!

Hi Everyone. My names Rhiannon. Long time lurker, finally decided to join the forum.
I grew up on rugby league in Newcastle. As a proud Novacastrian, it was the Knights or nothing. I never really liked NRL anyway and the Jets, need I say more lol
Thanks to my stepdad's influence, I started watching AFL in about 2000. Picked the Swans as he supports Hawthorn and it's fun to banter. He became a Swans member just to attended regular games. I've pretty much loved AFL ever since. I missed getting to go to the 2005 and 2012 grand finals but was lucky enough to attend in 2014. Not the result I wanted but what an amazing atmosphere......Travel to most games during the season so it's always awesome to see so many Blood fans around, even travelling from Newie.
Favourite player now is:Luke Parker
Favourite swans legend: Paul Kelly

Anyway nice to meet you all and carn the Swannies!!
Welcome to the board!

Hi All,

Ive been reading the forums a lot the last couple of weeks to get fired up about the hawks game, then to get angry about getting flogged. I can't stay silent any longer!

Name: Dan

Swans fan since: 1995. Member since 07.

Favourite Swan: Paul Roos

Favourite Current Swan: Dane Rampe.

Second Favourite Team: St Kilda

Hated Team: Don't really hate any team. I hate umpires (Stevic, Chamberlain), Players (Mitchell, Ballantyne, others) I absolutely hate hate hate Hawthorn Fans.

Favourite: Moment: Lewis Jetta's Run in goal against Collingwood to make the GF in 2012.

Passions outside Swans: Skiing, Brewing Beer.

If I wasn't watching Swans I'd be: Watching the other games.

Looking forward to getting involved!

Millky95 , you gone gun shy with the welcomes? Don't let that grumpy old woman's criticism put you off.
hahaha Yeah been cutting back general postings too. Made sure to at least like all the new posts in here. Gotta make sure everyone feels welcome :)

1. Where are you from? Sydney but moved to Perth when I was about 3.
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? My home place, their work ethic is what keeps me strong with them to this day.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Since I was born, never changed and never will!
4. Favourite players (current)? Goodes, Kennedy and McVeigh (He's my number at footy too).
5. Favourite players (all time)? Mickey, Lockett, Goodes and Kelley - All legends.
6. Favourite Swans memories? 2012 Grand Final, I had a dream I parachuted into school in my swans gear and threw water balloons at all my Freo/Eagles supporting classmates.
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Celebrating like hell.
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? A signed Swans Guernsey personally signed by Goodes himself.

Preamble: My name is Troy I am 33 and I work in Community Services, Have a wife and daughter with another swans fan on the way due March 2016. I play lawn bowls and enjoy spending time with friends, I enjoy fine dining and drinking reds, (I’m lucky to live so close to the Yarra Valley) Friends tell me they love watching me watch the Swans because of my passion and dummy spits, I have been known to shatter TV remotes, throw stuff at the walls, scream and swear a lot. I often make babies and little kids cry from being loud.(I call it passion). My wife has learnt to book our social calendar around Swans games.

1. Where are you from? Eastern suburbs Melbourne, born and bred Melbourne boy, love my state and would go to war for it, but somehow have a love affair for the swans

2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Enjoyed watching the Swans early start Sunday game and just fell in love. I was an ex Collingwood supporter and saw the light.

3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? 1992 ish would have been the time I fell in love

4. Favourite players (current)? Hanners and Heeney

5. Favourite players (all time)? Simon Minton Connell, Jamie Lawson, Troy Luff and Mark Bayes

6. Favourite Swans memories? Round 13 1993, when we beat the Dees with Richard Osborne booting 10.2 and Ron Barassi at the helm. 2005 Finals series, The Piglet on the SCG, Too many to mention

7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? At my parents house, with mates drinking Jack and celebrating long into the night.

8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? 2012 Onwards to victory lithogram signed by players and coach. (FOR SALE if anyone is interested)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Where are you from? THE GONG
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Closest team, was successful as I grew up.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? 18 years
4. Favourite players (current)? Hanners, JPK, Bud, Tippo
5. Favourite players (all time)? ROK, Barry Hall, Maxfield
6. Favourite Swans memories? 2012 GF, was at the G'! Best day of my life!
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Watched on the big screen at home.
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Signed 2008 playing guernsey from every player.

1. Where are you from? THE GONG
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Closest team, was successful as I grew up.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? 18 years
4. Favourite players (current)? Hanners, JPK, Bud, Tippo
5. Favourite players (all time)? ROK, Barry Hall, Maxfield
6. Favourite Swans memories? 2012 GF, was at the G'! Best day of my life!
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Watched on the big screen at home.
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Signed 2008 playing guernsey from every player.
Welcome to the board! Hope you enjoy your time here :)

Just wanted to jump in again and post about my day today. A mate and I were in the area, having come from Penrith, so we thought we'd pop down and see if any of the boys were at Moore Park. We were pleasantly surprised to find quite a few of them wandering in and out of the ground. Got photos with Buddy, Harry C, Lewis, Joey Kennedy and Dane Rampe. They were all very friendly, and others such as Benny McGlynn and Tom Drex stopping to say hi as well. Overall, it made me love our great team even more, and Harry is now my fave player as he stopped and chatted for a while and came across as a real gentleman.

Hi All

I have been a memebr of big footy for a couple of years but have never really ventured onto the team boards all that often.

Name: Blake
Swans fan since: . A long time
Favourite Swan: Brett Kirk
Favourite Current Swan: Luke Parker
Second Favourite Team: Bulldogs
Hated Team: Hawks/Bombers
Favourite: Moment: Win down at the Cattery for Macca
Passions outside Swans: Sports/Music

Last edited:
Name: Rowan
Swans fan since: I can remember
Favourite Swan: Kell
Favourite Current Swan: Mitchell/Parker
Second Favourite Team: Swans reserves ;)
Hated Team: Eagles or Hawks. Eagles up until the last couple years but hawks are on par now
Favourite Moment: Pluggers 16
Passions outside Swans: Cricket
Favourite Movie: Primal Fear

Hated Team: Eagles or Hawks. Eagles up until the last couple years but hawks are on par now
Welcome to the board :)

welcome

Hey guys, thought it was about time I said something about myself as I have been a member on here since 2006 but rarely post!

I'm 41 born and bred in Hobart, got introduced to the swannies when my grandfather used to take me to local TFL games, starting in 1980, to watch a team called Clarence who are the same colours as Sth Melbourne, I thought it was the same team that I saw on tele in the VFL, and I have loved them ever since! Fav players include over the years, Merv Neagle, Stevie Wright, Jamie Lawson, Paul Kelly and Luke Parker.

As a teenager I played teal cup footy for the state, one of our southern coaches was the great Royce Hart, who organised for a couple of us to spend two weeks with the Richmond footy club, which was a great experience, so the tigers are my second team if you like.

I was lucky enough to be coached by Mark Browning as my first senior coach, and to play in the same team as he and Tony Morward. A couple of years later I was coached in back to back premierships by the awesome Stevie Wright. This man seriously changed my life and taught me life lessons that I hold dear even today. In the meantime I got to play with, and against, great (an not so great :) swans people like, Andrew Dunkley, Darryn Cresswell, Scotty Direen, Shane Fell, Paul Holdsworth, Paul Atkins, David Rhys-jones and even some decent ex reserves players, Michael Winter, Andy Maher, the Brownless brothers, Lyndon Dakin etc. Three knee reco's later I turned my hand to coaching starting with the state under 15's and including the Mariners and Devils programs. This allowed me to help ( hope I did anyway, that's my story an I'm sticking to it!) some young players that included Jack Riewoldt, Nathan Grima, Justin Sherman, Ian Callinan, Jeremy Howe, Mitch Robinson, Toby Nankervis, Josh Green to name a few (feel like Perez Hilton just doing a bit of name dropping ;-)

One thing all of this has taught me is, even if it's only one game of Afl footy, there are no "duds" on Afl lists, just some people who are mentally stronger then others. Thanks for reading my ramble I will cease now, cheers :)

Hey everyone, been an avid reader of this board for the past few years but have only just decided to join BigFooty now. Looking forward to getting involved in the great discussion/banter that takes place here but first I'll answer the questions from the OP.

1. Where are you from? Country Vic...near Geelong.

2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? I was 5 years old when Plugger pulled on the red and white...he was the only player I knew so naturally I jumped on board. My dad also played a bit of footy with Troy Luff in Nelson Bay so he encouraged the choice.

3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? 20 years...wow that makes me feel old!

4. Favourite players (current) ? Hannebery, Reid, Tippett.

5. Favourite players (all time) ? Plugger, Jude Bolton, Micky O, BBBH and Goodesy.

6. Favourite Swans memories ? '05 semi-final, all my mates are cats fans so that was a great night. Obviously the premierships in '05 and '12 as well, but the reaction of the Swans fans to the whole Goodes saga this year really made me proud to be part of this fantastic club. Unashamed to admit that his speech at the b&f brought me to tears.

7. Where were you for the '05 grand final? At a family friends barbecue...they all barracked for Sydney with me which made it special.

8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia? A framed photo collage of me as a 13 year old at a family day in South Melbourne with 10 or 11 different players.

1. Where are you from? From Melbourne, currently living in Ballarat, but going back and forth for uni and life.
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Honestly not too sure, I was about 5 when I chose them, but I remember supporting St Kilda and Essendon at one point. I do have a fair bit of family up at Sydney. Ah well, I'm definitely glad I made the right choice!
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Since I was 5, so that's about 16 years now!
4. Favourite players (current)? Luke Parker, Tom Mitchell, Isaac Heeney, Josh Kennedy, James Rose. Also bloody love Caleb Daniel from the Bulldogs
5. Favourite players (all time)? Brett Kirk, Jude Bolton, Paul Kelly
6. Favourite Swans memories? 2012 Grand Final (Jetta vs Rioli, Pyke monstering it, Malceski), 2005 semi final vs Geelong, 2011 game vs Geelong at Skilled
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? At home, screaming myself hoarse!
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Got a few footy cards signed and framed by Micky O, Barry and Nick Davis.

1. Where are you from? From Melbourne, currently living in Ballarat, but going back and forth for uni and life.
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Honestly not too sure, I was about 5 when I chose them, but I remember supporting St Kilda and Essendon at one point. I do have a fair bit of family up at Sydney. Ah well, I'm definitely glad I made the right choice!
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Since I was 5, so that's about 16 years now!
4. Favourite players (current)? Luke Parker, Tom Mitchell, Isaac Heeney, Josh Kennedy, James Rose. Also bloody love Caleb Daniel from the Bulldogs
5. Favourite players (all time)? Brett Kirk, Jude Bolton, Paul Kelly
6. Favourite Swans memories? 2012 Grand Final (Jetta vs Rioli, Pyke monstering it, Malceski), 2005 semi final vs Geelong, 2011 game vs Geelong at Skilled
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? At home, screaming myself hoarse!
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Got a few footy cards signed and framed by Micky O, Barry and Nick Davis.
Welcome to the board mate. Still spewing I made the decision not to go to the game down at Geelong in 2011. Had gone to every game we played down there for ages only to see us get done every time. Eventually gave up and we finally got the win.

Last edited:
1. Where are you from? From Melbourne
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? My late grandfather was a South Melbourne supporter and he took me under his wing when i was a little kid.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Going on 32 years
4. Favourite players (current)? Heeney, JPK, Kizza and Sam Reid
5. Favourite players (all time)? Barry Mitchell, David Murphy, Plugger, Bayes and Tilt Carter
6. Favourite Swans memories? 1996 prelim against Essendon, 2005 and 12 finals
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? The Walkabout pub in Covent Garden, London
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Number 30 (Bayes) on an original wooly jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Back